6.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

dogwithabone

Best player on the pitch. I never realised he was quite this good. God knows what Chelsea were thinking, £40m seems ridiculously cheap.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Mr consistency, has he even made a simple mistake since joining us?

So glad we've got him.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Chelsea got us out if jail. If they didn't sell him to us, I doubt we would have got someone anywhere near as good.

Devil may care

Classily mopped up everything today and got out of some tight situations when he had no pass on, comfortably MOTM.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
I hope he can keep this up. A bit worried as I think he needs some rest. He's proven me wrong so far.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Excellent again, I like how he and Lukaku fit right in this team and create the core. He's better than Carrick IMO, and certainly more influential.

Pyro19

Excellent again, I like how he and Lukaku fit right in this team and create the core. He's better than Carrick IMO, and certainly more influential.
Not so sure, a prime Carrick was absolutely majestic in the middle of the park. Matic is a completely different player for me - He prefers the simple pass and is a physical presence like nobody else in our team. Both of them have a beautiful understanding of the game but Matic is just such a physical beast that he can get away with stuff Michael couldn't.

Have to yet see him against a team that presses us hard but he literally hasn't made a big mistake so far in all his games. Easily THE BEST Defensive Midfielder in the League. Chelsea :lol:

Reactions: KM

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Not so sure, a prime Carrick was absolutely majestic in the middle of the park. Matic is a completely different player for me - He prefers the simple pass and is a physical presence like nobody else in our team. Both of them have a beautiful understanding of the game but Matic is just such a physical beast that he can get away with stuff Michael couldn't.

Have to yet see him against a team that presses us hard but he literally hasn't made a big mistake so far in all his games. Easily THE BEST Defensive Midfielder in the League. Chelsea :lol:
Prime Carrick also had better players around, and not only Scholes in midfield but also players up top. We're not that good yet. And I never thought he was that influential for us. A very composed player with great anticipation and passing, but not brave enough to be a top player. In my opinion he is very overrated by United fans. I take it people remember how good he could be instead of how he played on regular basis. And so far Matic level is higher IMO, long may it continue.

Devil81

Complete midfielder for me, so clever and a cut above everyone at the club for me.

InfiniteBoredom

Had a spell where he faded a bit from the 50-70 min mark but otherwise a great performance. Was a one man midfield for us first half and came alive the last 15-20 min with some great interceptions/distribution to up the tempo in our attacks.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
We need to preserve him. Rest him in minor matches and take him off for Herrera when we've got a solid lead.

With the amount of work he does he'll burn out.

Pyro19

Prime Carrick also had better players around, and not only Scholes in midfield but also players up top. We're not that good yet. And I never thought he was that influential for us. A very composed player with great anticipation and passing, but not brave enough to be a top player. In my opinion he is very overrated by United fans. I take it people remember how good he could be instead of how he played on regular basis. And so far Matic level is higher IMO, long may it continue.
A Top player who is criminally underrated by majority of our fanbase. He was absolutely majestic and vital to us controlling games in the post Scholes era and did it beautifully. I take it people remember him on the decline in the post Fergie era and but you cannot compare Matic and Carrick like for like since both of them are completely different players that played in a completely different system.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Had half an eye on the Chelsea game earlier and Bakayoko came on in the second half. From what I saw he was pretty poor. I suppose it's way too early to judge him but I'd love to know why Chelsea felt the need to replace Matic, who has been a revelation for us, with him?

RB7N

Had half an eye on the Chelsea game earlier and Bakayoko came on in the second half. From what I saw he was pretty poor. I suppose it's way too early to judge him but I'd love to know why Chelsea felt the need to replace Matic, who has been a revelation for us, with him?
New shiny toy

finneh

Knew he was a great player for Chelsea who was unfortunately restricted in favour of the flavour of the month Kante last season.

Was stunned by the comparisons between Matic and Dier as if they were similarly talented players. I said at the time Matic at his best is a one man midfielder who is one of the strongest all round defensive midfielders in the world. Dier on the other hand is merely a strong player who's technically mediocre in almost every sense.

I was equally bemused at both Chelsea's decision to sell him and the Chelsea fans opinions of him on here.

OneUnited24

Been so surprised at his passing range. When we signed him and people said he was a replacement for Carrick i thought it was only because he was a DMF, didnt think he could replicate his passing!

With Pogba out it was nice to see someone take responsibility to spread the play and try the difficult passes

Ban

I'm still baffled so many people were against signing this guy. The best signing in the last few years or one of the best.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Chelsea selling him to us was incredibly fortunate. I can't believe so many on the CAF were against buying a 'reject.' He's a colossus.

AshRK

Was closely observing schneiderlin and then matic and there is a reason some players are not made for big club. Matic was everything schneiderlin never could do for us. People say matic is slow but the urgency and intelligence he shows every time.makes him quick. Matic is rarely ball watching, he keeps on moving and reads the game so well. Top signing.

PoTMS

Was closely observing schneiderlin and then matic and there is a reason some players are not made for big club. Matic was everything schneiderlin never could do for us. People say matic is slow but the urgency and intelligence he shows every time.makes him quick. Matic is rarely ball watching, he keeps on moving and reads the game so well. Top signing.
Absolutely. I thought when signing Schneiderlin, he would be our Matic. Little did I know, Matic would end up being our Matic. Looks like Matic is back to the form he displayed a few seasons back.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
To think I actually wanted Dier ahead of him.

Thank god for Jose not being a moron.

Status
Not open for further replies.