6.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eddy_JukeZ

Was not a fan of the signing, but he's made me and others eat our words.

Been brilliant.

ColvaleGoa

I think he is playing at the level where he was at his first season back at Chelski. He was a monster that season. I was so envious of him and would have loved him here than. But he has been a beast.

Important thing is to prevent him burning out..Jose needs to have a plan in place to avoid overplaying Matic.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
He is everything we lacked in our midfield in last 3,4 years. Brilliant player, at times today he carried the team on his own.

AshRK

Absolutely. I thought when signing Schneiderlin, he would be our Matic. Little did I know, Matic would end up being our Matic. Looks like Matic is back to the form he displayed a few seasons back.
People were over critical of his last year performance. Chelsea and kante are not same without him. For me , he is our best signing. He can easily give 3 to 4 years of football like this. We just need to keep on upgrading our midfield and then we can get best out of matic.

hn4manunited

Solid solid performance today. Took control of the midfield when we needed it. Herrera coming on later in the game provided a bit more help to him.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
I couldn't understand our persistent pursuit of this guy at all. How wrong I was! Absolutely top quality.

Jib

Last season without Pogba we were toothless. Now we have Matic :drool:

iamherenow

he was playing the pogba role today,trying to keep the midfield ticking and spraying the ball and having the most touches,which he did well and covered at the same time..as much as pogba Cn be frustrating,we miss him and will need him..

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Brilliant display today. Played more centrally today and did Pogba role as well as his own and managed to both defend and create in equal measure.

Vernon Philander

Directly or indirectly, I'd say this guy is the number 1 reason on the pitch why we're performing much better this season

Grunge

So far away I get up 4am to just watch Utd on TV
Who knew he was that good!!
Some Portuguese fella apparently. ;)

Was closely observing Schneiderlin and then Matic and there is a reason some players are not made for big club. Matic was everything Schneiderlin never could do for us. People say Matic is slow but the urgency and intelligence he shows every time.makes him quick. Matic is rarely ball watching, he keeps on moving and reads the game so well. Top signing.
Well said mate! Matic IS what we'd hoped Schneiderlin was going to be. Brilliant signing with big game experience cool as f*ck! :keano:

To think I actually wanted Dier ahead of him.
As much as can appreciate Dier "is a red" I never (and still don't) rate Dier. He's a decent enough player but far from outstanding. (It worry's me that England are counting on him and Henderson to run the midfield. we'll be lucky to get of group stages :()

Thank god for Jose not being a moron.
You mean like the Chulski administration surely must be? Evene if they think they have a better player for his position why sell him to us? I want what they smoke! :D

Took control of the midfield when we needed it. Herrera coming on later in the game provided a bit more help to him.
We could've started Herrera instead of Felly I suppose but the height & strength of the big man is clearly something Mou values alongside Matic. Herrera will get his chances and win us games but likely not the key player we expected him to be ...

Galactico

For me, he's the first player on the team sheet. I would worry if he's not playing in any big game for us. Thanks Roman!

Fridge chutney

Outstanding player. I knew he'd improve us but I didn't know he would to this extent.

Thank you Chelsea!

Abdou0230

It's obvious that he is better when he has the freedom to drive forward and dictate the game rather than being an anchorman in a midfield of 3.

automaticflare

It's obvious that he is better when he has the freedom to drive forward and dictate the game rather than being an anchorman in a midfield of 3.
Yep him and pogba double pivot is the way to go. If we are going to bring non 3 we should push Herrera into the number 10 spot and allow him to high press.

Absolute beast mode today. Not sure if it is just me but he looks even fitter than he ever did at Chelsea which says a lot considering timing of the transfer.

Have a rest on Wednesday son! Prepare yourself for next weekend. Super performance.

ricky-romeo

he is like a younger version of carrick but with much more agility and movement in his game, which obviously makes him a better player.

carrick was a great CM back then and matic is a notch above for sure.

Sylar

Thought he would do well if he joined us, but hes doing even better than I thought. Seems like hes been here for years.

iKnowNothing

Top top player today and as others have stated, we should make sure to not burn him out. It's especially true now when we don't have Pogba for a bit and it's easy to just keep playing him in all the games.

I think Mou knows how to manage him but I sure do hope he's at his best when the games start coming thick and fast around Christmas/New year.

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
He can do it in tight spaces, he can do it on the run. He's absolute class. think he should be rested against Burton so that Tuanzebe can have a game.

Gause

amazing player. Looks real sharp both in the brain and in physicality.

Norris

he is like a younger version of carrick but with much more agility and movement in his game, which obviously makes him a better player.

carrick was a great CM back then and matic is a notch above for sure.
This underrating of Carrick is criminal. If you spend a couple of moments youtubing Carrick at his prime, you would see that Carrick was no slouch. His movement, intelligence, agility (To a lesser extent I guess) were all supreme. Add to that, his incredible ability to find a forward pass, I would say Carrick was the better player. Not to mention, he played alongside some pretty average midfielders (Post Scholes of course). But it's really difficult to compare, since they played under different systems and have slightly differing styles.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Been so surprised at his passing range. When we signed him and people said he was a replacement for Carrick i thought it was only because he was a DMF, didnt think he could replicate his passing!

With Pogba out it was nice to see someone take responsibility to spread the play and try the difficult passes
It's amusing that before joining us, he was never mentioned as an excellent passer. It's all about his defensive attribute: strong, tall, good at screening the defence, etc.

Even the Caf Chelsea fans rarely mentioned about this other aspect of his game. And tbf, whenever I watched him at Chelsea's shirt, him as an excellent passer never really stand out.

Welbeckham

It's amusing that before joining us, he was never mentioned as an excellent passer. It's all about his defensive attribute: strong, tall, good at screening the defence, etc.

Even the Caf Chelsea fans rarely mentioned about this other aspect of his game. And tbf, whenever I watched him at Chelsea's shirt, him as an excellent passer never really stand out.
I watched him at Benfica regularly and it was his calm presence and precise passing which impressed me the most. At Inter Jose had Thiago Motta who is quite similar player, very intelligent, nowadays perhaps slower and more limited than Matic.

For me the biggest concern was whether he could still reach his highest level with us, and so far it's looking like a fantastic signing.

Eddy_JukeZ

Please don't take it the wrong but I'd love to understand why and how was that possible ?
I thought his best was behind him and that he was declining and his awful season in 2015-2016 was another concern.

Sunny Jim

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...
I wasn't entirely convinced he was the man we needed but i see why Jose wanted him. Yes, he makes an occasional mistake leading to dangerous situation )i've counted 3 so far) but overall his season in 8/10 so far. By the looks of things he is the brain of this team.

Eddy_JukeZ

I can understand about the declining form concern but 2015-2016 was followed by a much better season in which he won the title. Why not focus more on that ?
Because of how the past 3 seasons for us as a team have gone.

If any rough period occurred, I didn't want players who seem to collapse once it gets tough.

Reiver

So far he's been great. I think he also offers good leadership on the pitch, something we've not had an abundance of in recent years.

Status
Not open for further replies.