6.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

R'hllor

No surprise, he should be subbed in few 4:0s, he wasnt, in Serbian national team he played solo, because he had fecking Gudelj next to him. Then Pogba got injured and in few games he looked like one man midfield. All of that while playing in midfield two, JM did something similar to him in Chelsea, just we are in worse situation.

Playing with midfield 3 would help us tones not just him, instead there is this fixation for number 10 and while Pogba was injured we had our own Bermuda triangle in number 10 Mkhi.

Ban

No surprise, he should be subbed in few 4:0s, he wasnt, in Serbian national team he played solo, because he had fecking Gudelj next to him. Then Pogba got injured and in few games he looked like one man midfield. All of that while playing in midfield two, JM did something similar to him in Chelsea, just we are in worse situation.

Playing with midfield 3 would help us tones not just him, instead there is this fixation for number 10 and while Pogba was injured we had our own Bermuda triangle in number 10 Mkhi.
Who should have played instead of him or with him when Pogba was out?

el3mel

Quite poor during the first half.

Hope he's Ok. The sub looked precautionary for me.

R'hllor

Who should have played instead of him or with him when Pogba was out?
In those 4:0s, McT could step in last 30 min, hell even Blind. Lets be real, 4-2-3-1 while Pogba was out, with number 10 Mkhi wouldnt be better then playing proper 4-3-3 with Ander and McT/Blind in front of Matic as shield, he would do less work instead of looking like is doing all by himself and then people having a go at him. Mkhi in all those games was a just a black hole where balls and passes vanished.

Whats worse its a same movie like in Chelsea and JM knows that because he was part of it.

marktan

Would be a big miss if he's out, he's huge for us in the middle. Really want to play against the big teams (namely City, but also Arsenal to an extent) with a full strength first XI for once.

ROFLUTION

Hope he's not out for long, but he's been underperforming for a couple of weeks now. Has lost a lot of easy possesion recently.

kundalini

Rubbish. For 10 mins during the first half he barely looked like a professional player. Couldn't control the ball.

cyberman

People have been saying Matic looks tired since the Stoke game.
Stop it now!

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
Played like he needs a rest, which is a bit of a bummer given who's coming up. Should be nowhere near the team against Moscow.

Canagel

How long is this keeping him out? Is he officially ruled out of the next 2 games or there is still a chance to make it?

Treble

It would be a blow if he misses next two games even though he was a bit off form last week or two.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
We really can’t catch a break.

el3mel

It's good he asked for a sub in order not to get aggravated it though, so maybe there's a chance it might turn to be a simple injury.

cyberman

Wait and see.
He didn't look too bothered coming off so back by City? I think we're good enough to beat Arsenal without him.

tomaldinho1

tbh he needs a rest - no point having him half mast against two very fast attacking teams like Ars & City. Herrera is usually v good in bigger games, especially if we just employ him as Ozil/KDB's shadow.

Jib

Wait and see.
He didn't look too bothered coming off so back by City? I think we're good enough to beat Arsenal without him.
Herrera is awful and a midfield 2 with Pogba-Fellaini isn't good enough...we saw that last season...

cyberman

@Jib
I think we'll go with a 3 to offset the loss of Matic. Arsenal's strengths doesn't lie in midfield and that's why I think we'll be ok.

nemanja15

Another game which passed him by after a few showings in a row like this now. Maybe he has been managing an issue and that’s what got worse tonight, or general fatigue catching up.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Matic has looked a little off it recently, if he's been trying to play through the pain it would explain a lot. I just hope he hasn't pushed himself too far.

kotha

FFS.. I hope it's not something serious.. Was bricking it watching him limp off.. Hopefully 2016 Ander turns up in his absence..

Rossa

Arsenal game definitely too soon if he’s picked up a muscle strain. Even a minor one. Wasn’t playing very well up until that point, mind you. Over to you, Ander. Roll back the clock and play like it’s 2016.
Matic was awful, and he’s been poor for a while now. Ander really needs to step up though. Herrera is quicker and can press better higher up the pitch, but he’s just a mess this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.