Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Was all for this signing years ago glad it’s working out. Hopefully get a midfielder to really compliment Pogba and Matic someone with quality like Ozil (floating between midfield and attacking) but coming deep in possession or alternatively a runner like Del Alli who could boost our midfield engine.
Midfielder like Ozil would take us to the next level, his passing is unreal. He can spot the runs better than anyone.

Stringer

Had some amazing tackles, and his ability on the ball was crucial at times. But he's still not enough, everybody thought Pogba and Matic would transform us into the best midfield in England but I fear we'd get dominated similarly against Liverpool/City.
Pogba and Matic in a Guardiola team would dominate most midfields.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Midfielder like Ozil would take us to the next level, his passing is unreal. He can spot the runs better than anyone.
Yep agree plus even just an extra body defensively would suffice in the big games when not in possession so his workload off the ball would not be massive but going forward and in possession I’d expect us to have unreal quality to make up for this with the likes of Matic a Pogba and Ozil in our midfield :)

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Yep agree plus even just an extra body defensively would suffice in the big games when not in possession so his workload off the ball would not be massive but going forward and in possession I’d expect us to have unreal quality to make up for this with the likes of Matic a Pogba and Ozil in our midfield :)
Yeah, not to mention his set pieces are quality.

Hopefully we can sign him in Jan. Would be very good addition for smaller fee.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Yeah, not to mention his set pieces are quality.

Hopefully we can sign him in Jan. Would be very good addition for smaller fee.
Yep Ozil isn’t my favourite type of player (floats at times through games) but he would improve us immensely and be a perfect foil in the midfield three imo.

Donsangre

Matic has been played to death but without Carrick he has had a heavy workload,hopefully his injury though is nothing major,we have done very impressively to hang onto Citys coat tails given our substantial injury problems tbf,the blue side have hardly had any in comparison,lets see what transpires 2nd half of the season if the roles are reversed!!
Losing both Pogba and Matic for the Citys games means we will be defending with 10 players and will concede at some point. I dont see neither of our midfielders performing without those two. Losing Pogba is enough to get that. Jose must be very pissed and Pog for letting us all down during such an important time of the season. Its just a shame. I hope Pog learns a lesson and is more careful next time around.

Bulldogg

With no Pogba it's going to be really difficult to contain Man City, We know City will have an extra man in the middle. Herrera seems to be all over the place when he's played this season at times following the ball to very wide positions of the field leaving Matic literally on his own with no one to make a quick short pass to. I fear Man City will really press Matic with two three players at times, knowing there's no Pogba allows team's to be really aggressive against us when they don't have the ball especially if they have an extra player in midfield, Liverpool game is a good example.

Matic will have a very difficult task against City, he will be our main distributor while being out numbered, at the same time he will have a big job defensively trying to contain City and their abundance of attacking options.

haram

With no Pogba it's going to be really difficult to contain Man City, We know City will have an extra man in the middle. Herrera seems to be all over the place when he's played this season at times following the ball to very wide positions of the field leaving Matic literally on his own with no one to make a quick short pass to. I fear Man City will really press Matic with two three players at times, knowing there's no Pogba allows team's to be really aggressive against us when they don't have the ball especially if they have an extra player in midfield, Liverpool game is a good example.

Matic will have a very difficult task against City, he will be our main distributor while being out numbered, at the same time he will have a big job defensively trying to contain City and their abundance of attacking options.
He's just got to get rid of it quickly by going long.

suhaylah

Matic is being rested today for the Man city game. He's been quite poor by his standards since the last few games. Hopefully he is on form for the city match. Herrera and Fellani will be needed in the absence of Pogba.

Zoo

I thought he was very good against Arsenal. De Gea is being rightly lauded for keeping them out but Matic was putting out fires throughout.

SATA

Put in a crucial block against Ramsey's shot. Ramsey thought he had scored there if not for the block. Glad that he is rested for the game today, Jose needs to manage him properly

kotha

Put in a crucial block against Ramsey's shot. Ramsey thought he had scored there if not for the block. Glad that he is rested for the game today, Jose needs to manage him properly
Has Jose said that in the press conference? Good news..

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
I'm sure it's being rested. Last thing we need is an injury to him. Can't be going into the City match with two of our first choice midfielders missing.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Saw someone saying he was injured. We'd be pretty effed if so against City.

el3mel

It seems this is the same injury he had from Watford. Our medical team succeeded in preparing him for Arsenal but they decided to give him a rest today to allow him to fully heal.

NK86

I thought he was very good against Arsenal. De Gea is being rightly lauded for keeping them out but Matic was putting out fires throughout.
Not just that. He was very good in transitioning from defense to attack. I remember thinking why don't we play like that every game instead of hoofing it upfield to Lukaku who isn't very good at holding up the ball anyway. There was one moment, I think it was just before the third goal - where Matic was involved with Arsenal players pressing. Instead of clearing it blindly, he calmly dribbled one and with a couple of quick one-twos, he passed it to Martial who was then on his bike. Beautiful stuff. Wish we do that regularly, especially against the smaller sides.

MAME DIOUF 32

Thought it was a cowardly, nothing performance. Obviously didn't help that Herrera did nothing at all, so I'm probably being too harsh.

fil1542

Supports
Jose Mourinho
I thought he was immense today. Made some great tackles and won the ball back a few times especially in the second half.

Also, he showed great composure when facing City players pressing and didn´t really put a foot wrong. Unfortunately, he he hadn´t much support in the build-up, I think with Pogba the game could have looked differently.

Art

Art the artist
His injury shone thru his performance. He tries his best for the badge. Can't fault that.

Giggs86

He's very composed and knows how to keep the ball under pressure, a thing that none of our defensive players know how to do.

My only issue with him today is that sometimes I wished someone reminded him that we're behind and that he should stop holding the ball near our box and show some urgency.

He'd been good defending a lead, but in a game like today, without an attacking minded player like Pogba next to him, he is a waste of space.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
One man midfield as Herrera was pointless.

NM

One man midfield as Herrera was pointless.
No. He was ok, but not pointless. Herrera was our only midfielder who even tried to press. I don't know why we didn't do that more - the pressing (whenever we did it) worked

ti vu

No. He was ok, but not pointless. Herrera was our only midfielder who even tried to press. I don't know why we didn't do that more - the pressing (whenever we did it) worked
We all selective pressed. We definitely can't full blown 1 vs 1 man marking pressing though since our players' overall inferiority on ball ability. Even if we won back the ball in 1 vs 1 situation, our players are worse at keeping the ball than City. With that in mind we're more likely ended up opening up for City to exploit.

While we didn't doing man marking, Matic did press many time on KDB when KDB tried to pull back to play from deep. Lingard at times were part of midfield 3 to track runners.

Kapardin

He's played a big part in us being 2nd this season so far. Played every minute of every game and maintaining a high level throughout. Love our big Serb.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Shoe in for player of the season so far.

Bulldogg

Has intercepted 3 goal scoring opportunities so far today has sat back and provided the shield letting McTominay get further up the field today.

kotha

Dread to think where we would have been this season without him.. I hope his injury has cleared..

Status
Not open for further replies.