Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Honestly think some people are blind, he had an excellent game again. Cleaned up multiple situations in defence and was so composed on the ball all game. Yet again people being swayed by the result in an individual player thread.

Thecarrickfan_2016

He was one of our best players last Saturday, In-fact, I go as far to say that he's been one of our players of the season, I dread to think where we'd be without him, I know De Gea's world-class, But Matic had to do 2 jobs when Pogba was out injured and suspension, He's been a success with us thus far, To think some of our fans didn't want him, I'm glad we've got him to be honest.

Bulldogg

I'd 70-80% of this forum rates our players on week by week basis. For example Mata is 'class' all of a sudden and Lingard was a 'great' squad player a week before that. But if we go a month back they we're both hopeless and needed to be moved on in January. I say all that to say Matic for the most part has been nothing but praised on this forum (which is rare) that says a lot about the season he's having.

Ss3bba

In injury time he played an absolutely terrible ball to Pogba when Mkhitaryan was in acres of space to his right. Expect better decision making from such an experienced player.
Now that's what you call nitpicking

nesty

I can't fault him, he has been a fantastic signing. Can you imagine where we would be on the table had we not signed him?

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
I thought he had one of his best games for a while. I've felt his performances over the last couple of months have been a little over-rated on this forum (in the sense that he was doing well defensively, but wasn't contributing as much when we had the ball as what he was at the beginning of the season), but against Leicester he was back to doing quite a lot of good work when we had the ball as well.

mav_9me

He has been awesome for us. Taking care of the entire midfield by himself as usually Pogba plays like he is in a 3 man midfield.

Trizy

He's been our most important player this season for me. Pogba hasn't played enough recently (injury and ban) to take away from Matic's solid 7.5-8/10 performances every game.

Brilliant player.

0le

Matic is very composed on the ball. I remember an instance in the game where Lindelof started to run back, he looked scared to have the ball and quickly passed it to Matic. Surrounded by two or three players, Matic kept his cool, and played a pass to Pogba who was in space. He is an important player to the team, someone underrated and its perhaps one reason why Chelsea are struggling is the sale of Matic.

Man Utd 2:2 Burnley

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He’s had a horrible first half.

Passing is all over the place, he’s missing tackles (especially 2nd goal) and losing possession far too easily.

He really needs to step up his playmaking.

Bojan11

He’s had a horrible first half.

Passing is all over the place, he’s missing tackles (especially 2nd goal) and losing possession far too easily.

He really needs to step up his playmaking.
He was the only midfielder or defender trying to play it forward. Played a few good passes to Mata.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He was the only midfielder or defender trying to play it forward. Played a few good passes to Mata.
I don't care he lost the ball SO many times in good positions.

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
Poor performance and how he didn’t win the ball before their second goal was shocking.

He’s starting to look like the player i feared we’d signed and not the one that started the season so well.

Robbie Boy

I know it's not allowed on here but I think his standards have massively fallen following his excellent start here.

Ace of Spades

He does have this habit of passing the ball to marked players at times, when an easier option is present. He was decent, not his best today.

meninred

Matic is a bit overrated. I have watched him all season. He has many misplaced passes..give ball away..no key pass to unlock defense..hit the ball to a brick of defenders..not a fast or dynamic player..

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Needs to pass the ball quicker. It does my head in seeing him take extra touches when a quick pass would do.

kundalini

First half awful in midfield. 2nd half much better as a central defender, though rubbish right at the end.

Andersons Dietician

His passing has become a little sloppy and predictable. We had an opportunity at one point for Shaw to break and Matic played a very lazy hospital pass to him which Shaw had to stop and wait for. As a team we do way too many of these type of passes tho so he is just coming down with the United disease.

Man Utd 0:0 Southampton

Sgeorge

Matic seems to be isolated in midfield, could do with more bodies there. Southampton is finding lots of space in midfield and Matic can't be everywhere.

kundalini

Rubbish again. Have to wonder why he was selected. He looked exhausted from the start and half asleep when they almost scored.

utdman

The most over rated player in our current set up because of the good start.

Devil may care

Looked leggy and not in that hot Sara Sampaio way, the odd nice pirouette in posession can't hide the fact he was ghosted past more than once and didn't have the energy to play in a midfield with Pogba as his only help.

diplomat

Commits a lot of unforced mistakes lately and it makes us look shaky at the back. Hope he recovers form soon.

Ekeke

Our most dangerous attacking player today. Interesting tactics having him doing less defensive work and getting forward to have 4 shots a game. Wouldnt seem like the ideal player to convert into an attacker

Status
Not open for further replies.