6.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Canagel

Matic has been run to the ground this season. It's not his fault that Herrera can't be depended on. Ideally he would've been rested today ahead of Everton in 2 days but we are not in a position to do that. It's very sad but what can you say?

R'hllor

Oh you think this is bad? He got drained a lot in that midfield two, like he was drained in Chelsea but hey we cant play midfield 3, because number 10 is Godlike position for likes of Mkhi, Lingard etc.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Unfortunately, he doesn't get much support defensively from Pogba, so he's having to do too much.
Because of Pogba he ends up doing pretty much nothing defensively either except chasing shadows entire game, you gotta feel sorry for him. It's obvious he isn't Carrick defensively when it comes to reading the game, but we are fecked if we continue pairing him and Pogba together and allowing Pogba to continue to stroll when we don't have the ball. Matic will be done in few weeks if this continues, and we'll continue leeking goals.

Strats

He was shite today.

Holds the ball far too long for my liking at times.

Backrow Singer

Matic has been run to the ground this season. It's not his fault that Herrera can't be depended on. Ideally he would've been rested today ahead of Everton in 2 days but we are not in a position to do that. It's very sad but what can you say?
"You look bloody fecked you lad. Now get ready for Monday where you'll be covering for a bunch of technically inadequate footballers for 90 minutes again because Ander is a like a stray dog. In a couple of months you'll be crawling around because you can't run but it's alright because I'll give you four days rest instead of two."

Canagel

"You look bloody fecked you lad. Now get ready for Monday where you'll be covering for a bunch of technically inadequate footballers for 90 minutes again because Ander is a like a stray dog. In a couple of months you'll be crawling around because you can't run but it's alright because I'll give you four days rest instead of two."
I like your sense of humour.

Bobski

A real pity that Carrick has been absent all season. Would have allowed rotation and to occasionally play them together.

ash_86

Quite poor today. Considering he's far more experienced than most player, he should step up and organize the midfield. Too lethargic on the ball and takes forever to pass

SteveW

Struggling at the moment. Caused our defense a few problems today. And why the hell is he shooting from 40 yards?

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
He looks tired because we can’t rest him as Herrera is an abomination.

Trizy

First bad game to my memory in an United shirt. Few OTT comments from todays match. He's a brilliant player for us this season.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Been excellent this season but in danger of being run into the ground. Poor and tired today.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
He's often playing in a midfield 1 (yes, midfield one), as Pogba goes walk-about.

Still he manages to screen the defense and push forward himself.

I think he's doing a thankless task and has been our best signing of the previous Summer.

Ashley R1+O

We really need somebody in to play the Herrera role that is better than Herrera... If that makes sense. He also looks knackered, a few times he mentally switched off after getting bypassed and playing as the anchor in a team with Pogba and Mkhi.. You're on a hiding to nothing.

I fully expect Jose to address this problem at the end of the year and will not be surprised if Pogba starts to play as the attacking free player at the top of the midfield and it brings out the best in him.

MThomas

Figo: In Spain we called Benitez 'píldora para dor
Mourinho has several times mentioned he's injured...Which I assume explains why he's looking a bit slow.

Doesn't explain all the daft things he does with the ball at his feet. We seriously need someone that releases the ball quicker, and preferably to someone that isn't an opponent.

Oldyella

Is anyone surprised he looks knackered? Seems like this has been Mourinho m.o. last few seasons, runs key players into the ground again and again. Both with us and Chelsea.

finneh

He needs resting for 3-4 games. Herrera has been out of form this season but he wouldn't be worse than a completely shot Matic. Also a few games on the bounce might play Herrera into a bit of form.

You can tell he's mentally tired too as he's dwelling on the ball too long which ends up putting more pressure on him.

Alabaster Codify7

Like most of our signings, started well and has now faded massively. He's knackered but Jose knew that he was an older player who would need resting, it was on Jose to ensure we had sufficient cover for when this happened. Or, he should've gone for a young, fresher CDM. He didn't - he went for an older established and trusted player.

DRM

Like most of our signings, started well and has now faded massively. He's knackered but Jose knew that he was an older player who would need resting, it was on Jose to ensure we had sufficient cover for when this happened. Or, he should've gone for a young, fresher CDM. He didn't - he went for an older established and trusted player.
I think the plan was to rotate him with Carrick and Fellaini. No one couldve predicted carricks heart issue and Fellaini has been out for such a long time too.

Everton 0:2 Man Utd

AndersB

Matic' drop in form is the biggest of any of our players this season, considering how dominant he was. Seemed to be everywhere, was taking on players. Just a shadow of that right now.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Matic' drop in form is the biggest of any of our players this season, considering how dominant he was. Seemed to be everywhere, was taking on players. Just a shadow of that right now.
Yeah I actually think Matic’s drop off has been one of the biggest issues lately. He’s looked leaden footed at times, and it means that Pogba has to come really deep as the ball isn’t flowing out of defence.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Something needs to be done about his mishit clearances. I cannot believe experienced player like him can make so many panic clearances in every game.

DRM

Needs a break immediately, if I were Jose I'd send him on holiday for a week. Would've been good to rotate him with Carrick and Fellaini but a shame they're both out with long term injuries.

Sandyman

He has been playing non stop so could just be fatigue. Could do with a rest. But, with Herrera not yet hitting last season's form, who else do you play there in a 3 man midfield? Hopefully is rested for the FA cup game.

R'hllor

Said before he joined what will happened if he plays in midfield 2, same thing happened in Chelsea and best part of all under same manager, he was drilled with others into the ground at Chelsea and next season most of them looked like 90 year olds. Clown fiesta.

He barely moves, injury or not, he could be rested in games where we had leads 4:0,3:0 etc but nope, not in JM land. When it comes to squad rotation JM is really something else. Tonight Matic could cost us at end part of the game, he should be subbed but he kept him on, even he was half walking.

Excuses or not, Matic in 1st half of the season, sometimes did work for 2 in that midfield 2 and now things catching him, easy to predict even before season started.

Silas

Seems so sloppy. Definitely needs a break, but who else do we have?

Fracture90

Quit your yammering jeez, he's been playing almost non stop, often taking duties that aren't his to begin with.

Solid performance today all together.

marktan

I still think he's been very good, occasionally loses it but that's because he's always looking for something to do with the ball.

What he does need is a break. If he doesn't play against Derby he should have 2 weeks off, as should a lot of other players too really.

Status
Not open for further replies.