Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

SATA

Needs to rotate with Herrera in the home games

Ander and Pogba was a pretty good pairing last season, and now Carrick is also back

Vilev

I think that part of the pitch is Pogba's responsibility now.
No way. I repeat, an attacking midfielder running in the box. In MU's box! That a clear work for a DM. So that is Matic's job. Only his. Pogba should control the area around the box like a couple yards out, to pick up the balls that defenders clear from there.
If Pogba is in the box, that means defence is in disarray. Of course i am not talking about set pieces or last minutes hail maries. In a normal situation, 2 CB, Matic, and one of FBs should be able to deal with everything in the box.

Footyislife

No way. I repeat, an attacking midfielder running in the box. In MU's box! That a clear work for a DM. So that is Matic's job. Only his. Pogba should control the area around the box like a couple yards out, to pick up the balls that defenders clear from there.
If Pogba is in the box, that means defence is in disarray. Of course i am not talking about set pieces or last minutes hail maries. In a normal situation, 2 CB, Matic, and one of FBs should be able to deal with everything in the box.
Spot on. Matic was atrocious last game and gave up 3 clear cut chances to Stoke with some questionable positioning/lack of effort. Need to rotate him especially in a midfield of 2. Don't think he can be an anchor anymore. I think he's the perfect holding player in a midfield of 3 and thats where he should be deployed.

Burnley 0:1 Man Utd

IrishRedDevil

Poor performance, too many sloppy passes and a few yards off the pace.

He really needs a rest. Now with Fellaini back in the mix surely we can play a midfield 3 of Herrera - Fellaini - Pogba to rest him.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
We just had about 9 days between games. How long of a rest does he need? Or a proper no training break?

El Jefe

I thought he was very good for the 75mins considering how shite everyone else was. After that he was absolutely dire.

el3mel

Thought he was very solid today. His last 2 matches weren't good but today he was solid on defending.

AshRK

I, for one, enjoyed his performance. The way he won the balls was worth appreciating. Also, doesn't shy away from passing the ball forward (learn that Mata). He is doing a one man job in the midfield. Maybe our forwards should start taking chances and allow our defenders and Matic to breath.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
If Herrera wasn't so wank and Carrick wasn't injured we could have given him 3 weeks off. He looks a little jaded to me.

midnightmare

Poor performance, too many sloppy passes and a few yards off the pace.

He really needs a rest. Now with Fellaini back in the mix surely we can play a midfield 3 of Herrera - Fellaini - Pogba to rest him.
I, for one, enjoyed his performance. The way he won the balls was worth appreciating. Also, doesn't shy away from passing the ball forward (learn that Mata). He is doing a one man job in the midfield. Maybe our forwards should start taking chances and allow our defenders and Matic to breath.
Both right in a way. He intercepted decently but also lost the ball thrice in simple situations in the middle of the pitch. One led to a pretty potent attack for Burnley. His passing was very iffy too. Depending on your bias and standards, you’d see it differently.

To me, this was well below what he’s capable of but a distinct improvement on the last couple of games. The way he faded later is a worry though.

Devil may care

Gets ran past too easily at times, he looks laboured compared to earlier in the season, we really need someone Jose trusts to rotate with him.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
I can never trust this place for an idea of how people play!
Summary of his season:

- Started like a house on fire in the first 10 games
- Visibly faitgued as his game count went up, but still solid
- Jekyll and hyde in the 2nd part of the season; one game a brick wall; the next really poor

R'hllor

By reading some comments, guess he turned shit. Its weird tho, JM always was for defensive discipline but somehow we look way to open in a mid. For me formation doesnt help either, first 4-2-3-1 bullshit now this fake 4-3-3, which looks more like 4-1-----2-3, trying to free Pogba to attack while adding Lingard next to him to be in front of our DM, not sure that can work.

Edit: He didnt get much rest when it was needed, JM even said how he played injured, on top he didnt have preseason but regardless of all that, maybe we should start looking for new maybe different type of DM next summer.

cyberman

I thought he played well.
This forum has lambasted Matic and Pogba for their defensive performances so Im wondering why we're sitting on 5 consecutive clean sheets?
IMO its Rashford / Martial / Young disease.
Matic came in, defied all expectations but those expectations became the norm so it now takes more for them to stand out.
He does the dirty work very well, he covers for Pogba and shields the back 2.
Unless Smalling and Jones performances behind Matic is a coincidence?

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Another poor game, so easy for Burnley to move through our midfield at times. Crying out for a midfield three.

arthurka

He was very poor today.. They ran past him for most of the game. His passing was terrible. He looked well off pace.. Our midfield was shit until Fellaini came on and helped out..

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Our 4231 not only exposes Matic, it also limits Pogba.

Mourinho should abandon it asap.

Canagel

He gives the ball away needlessly at times but without him we would've been in serious trouble this season. Carrick and Fellaini haven't played really and Herrera has been poor. One of Mourinho's untouchables.

Strats

Thought he had a great game. Shame Carrick isn't able to offload him at times.

Tottenham 2:0 Man Utd

Yagami

Good post resistant
He has too much to do. Pogba's a liability in defence and Jesse is too lightweight. It's been obvious for I don't know how long that we should be playing a Herrera/Fellaini to offer more protection and a better balance.

Vilev

Pogba has been dreadful, but Matic's performances have dropped significantly. He needs a rest.

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
Gives the ball away far too often. I can understand why some of my Chelsea mates were pleased to get shut.

Last edited:

David_azul16

Hope people that say Matic has a lot of job to do, realice how good was Michael Carrick. He was a one-man midfield for around 5 years.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
He needs a month off. He's been ran into the fecking dirt.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Poor for few months now, we should be looking for upgrade next summer definitely.

Status
Not open for further replies.