6.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobski

Playing like the guy Chelsea were happy to get rid of.

He was always likely to be a stopgap.

Devil may care

He was left with too much to do but he also looked cumbersome and slow, didn't read the game well and lacked any kind of passing threat, his stamina has always been an issue and he's looked shagged out since Christmas.

meninred

I think he is overworked and needs a break. Besides he was good at chelsea because he had Kante as well. Here he has to do all by himself.

criticalanalysis

Until we see Matic and Pogba with a proper midfielder ala Herrera, Carrick or even McTomminay, I will always reserve a bit of criticism on them two.

Suicidal tactics hoping those two can just run midfield whilst the likes of Lingard, Lukaku, Martial, Rashford, Mata stay ahead of them with no direction or coaching from the manager.

AK29

We needed someone to control the tempo of the game at times when spares players were pressing high, but he was helping them with many wrong passes and poor positioning the entire game.

Replacing him with Carick was the right thing to do, or at least I thought so.

ROFLUTION

:lol:

We'll buy him and he will look shit in similar games.

Sorry, but when do you lot learn?
Learn what? I dont Know who you're a fan of, but Matic has lacked focus and hunger for 2-3 months now. Not good enough on this level. So yes, we need someone he can compete with.

pascell

Compare him to when he started the season, looks to me like he's carrying a knock and it's hampering his movement a little. Our problem is we don't have good enough back up and someone to come on to dictate the game in our favour.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
In fairness he has been great this seaso one bad game doesn’t mean he is returning to the player we saw in his last two years at Chelsea.
And it doesn’t help when you have pogba on one of his walkabout games playing next to him.

buckooo1978

not that he had any support tonight but he hasn't played well in any of the big games has he?

then again who has

Sylar

Worst game but dont think the set up helped him or pretty much anybody in the team.

J_Red 11

We needed someone to control the tempo of the game at times when spares players were pressing high, but he was helping them with many wrong passes and poor positioning the entire game.

Replacing him with Carick was the right thing to do, or at least I thought so.
He's not Carrick's replacement I guess. He's more identical to Fletcher than Carrick, Matic and Fletcher like to roam while Carrick preferred to stay at the back and relies on his positioning. Carrick was the dictator, he was the one who build up our play when we didn't have Scholes anymore. Matic is replacing what LVG expected from Schneiderlin, Matic is replacing what Sir Alex expected from Jones midfielder & Cleverley. And if Jose really is sticking with 4231, the summer window is so obvious that we need to sign someone like Carrick.

RORY65

He's done ok for us but had quite a few poor games (I swear he's been getting excused for being tired for about 3 or 4 months now whenever he plays poorly), I'm not sure what was really expected given he was one of the Chelsea's lesser players in his last couple of years there and they weren't exactly desperate to keep hold of him. He's good but he's not as good as the likes of Kante or even Fernandinho. That being said, he wasn't helped by the chaos at the back behind him or by having a partner who only does about half of the things that he's supposed to do as a midfielder in that set up.

Silas

I can't blame him too much considering how much he has to do. Get a proper 3rd midfielder in and we'll see him and Pogba look so much better. Not sure how he managed to pass the ball out of play at the times he did though.

SpyLuke10

This thread just shows how fickle so many of my fellow United fans unfortunately are.

SpyLuke10

That was easily his worst performance of the season, he has been a consistent 7/10 otherwise, this spurs game was the total opposite of the one at home earlier in the season, where Matic was immense and the team showed a lot of graft and determination. Today the performance from the half hour mark was spineless.

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
He was great at the start of the season but has been relatively nondescript for a while now. Hardly the biggest concern for the team and he's a solid player, but got way overhyped from the start he had.

Ban

Playing like the guy Chelsea were happy to get rid of.

He was always likely to be a stopgap.
What's all this kneejerk for. Not only you, suddenly after one game he's crap?
Wait. 2 posts in this page by you is a complete kneejerk.

MAME DIOUF 32

He looks brilliant when we've got lots of possession and he's not pressed. A flat track bully?

RORY65

What's all this kneejerk for. Not only you, suddenly after one game he's crap?
Wait. 2 posts in this page by you is a complete kneejerk.
In fairness, read back pages and you will see the reviews of his performances certainly post Christmas have been fairly consistent. I thought he was poor today and generally he's been what I expected, an upgrade on what we've had in midfield for a couple of years but not exceptional.

Ban

In fairness, read back pages and you will see the reviews of his performances certainly post Christmas have been fairly consistent. I thought he was poor today and generally he's been what I expected, an upgrade on what we've had in midfield for a couple of years but not exceptional.
His performances has been decent and sometimes good. Certainly not the time to write stuff - I can see why Chelsea got rid of him and son on.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Not good to see a player drop in form so blatantly but saw it coming when he was being so overplayed in the first half of the season.

hn4manunited

Needs help. Pogba isn't disciplined enough to assist him in a two man midfield.
This!

Pogba was simply too casual today and Matic can’t do it all himself. Pogba was strolling around today. Matic didn’t play a good game today but could have been better if he had some better help around him. Need to add Herrera in there to shore things up and push pogba up.

ti vu

Can't say he fulfilled his job, but at the same time, can blame him. All players didn't play like a team. Disjointed in every partnership teamplay.

Ashley R1+O

Started the season well but the lack of legs beside him when having to play with Pogba is taking its toll. He wants to sit at the base and play the deep lying role as his natural game but without any support it just unravels into a disaster of having to put out fires and be torn all over the place trying to keep the shape.

Robbie Boy

Pogba is the one getting slated once again and this guy - who hasn't really impressed since early season - gets a relatively free ride. Agendas eh.

NK86

Pogba is the one getting slated once again and this guy - who hasn't really impressed since early season - gets a relatively free ride. Agendas eh.
Agree. He looks totally gassed the last month or so. Seems lethargic and is not able to track his runners properly. He needs some rest and Mourinho needs to understand that else it will unravel quickly for him.

Butty19

He was very poor last night. Takes too many touches at times and doesn’t get the ball forward quickly enough. Asked to do a lot though and like many have said, we should’ve gone with a midfield 3 to help him out.

Norris

Pogba was woeful to be honest. Matic tried his best, but Pogba just didn't support him enough especially defensively.

Kag

Been the case for weeks. When we buy our next new toy then he'll start getting it.

Status
Not open for further replies.