Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Loublaze

ATLien
Matic is far from being my fav player but just wanted to show you how every poster criticized some players( which is normal thing to do imo).
Back to topic; why this should be his last season? Like many players he looked bad in Jose's formation. I think that with Ole( and next manager) he can be very good holding midfielder.
What makes you I think I don't think players should be criticized? I already explained why I quoted those specific posts about Lingard. They were mostly over the top and had little to do with football.

Giggsyking

Asked whether his team-mates should take responsibility for Mourinho’s demise, Matic replied: “Of course. I said this also after the Liverpool game, that we have to take responsibility and do our best to play better and to win games"

Who gave him the authority to talk on behalf of the the team? He is not the captain, he is not a united legend. He should talk about himself. Pathetic.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
Asked whether his team-mates should take responsibility for Mourinho’s demise, Matic replied: “Of course. I said this also after the Liverpool game, that we have to take responsibility and do our best to play better and to win games"

Who gave him the authority to talk on behalf of the the team? He is not the captain, he is not a united legend. He should talk about himself. Pathetic.
I may be totally wrong but had he said 'no, not at all. It's all on Mourinho' you'd have had absolutely no problems with him speaking on behalf of the said players?

L1nk

I've been heavily critical of Matic, I think everyone has been, and it's been justified with his horrendous performances in midfield, slow, labourious, wants too much time on the ball, he looks like he'd just lost it completely. However he looked a completely different player against Cardiff, we definitely do need competition and an eventual replacement because I don't think we can expect many more full seasons out of him regardless, but if he can play like this, and against better opposition, for a good while, then that's great. It kind of makes me think about Schweinsteiger and how he might of been had we had a more attacking system..

Chicharito_

I think you just really hate Matic?

That is the only way a professional is going to answer that question.

Giggsyking

I may be totally wrong but had he said 'no, not at all. It's all on Mourinho' you'd have had absolutely no problems with him speaking on behalf of the said players?
No, I think he should say:
everyone in the club (including the manager) have some responsibility to what happened to united in the last 4 months and led to the decision.

You know.. the truth.

Tomuś

No, I think he should say:
everyone in the club (including the manager) have some responsibility to what happened to united in the last 4 months and led to the decision.

You know.. the truth.
You should sign robots with the function of synthetic, text reading option, then. What he said is professional. He himself played very well against Cardiff so it's not like he's sulking after his dear Mourinho'd gone.

Giggsyking

You should sign robots with the function of synthetic, text reading option, then. What he said is professional. He himself played very well against Cardiff so it's not like he's sulking after his dear Mourinho'd gone.
So its OK that Matic accusing the players of balking.

acnumber9

Using the word we pretty much means himself included. In fact that’s exactly what it means.

Giggsyking

He included himself in his statement.
He speaks for himself, he should not include others by accusing thems of balking if he thinks he was doing that (and he was one of the worse players in the squad for the last 8 months), there were many players giving much more than him.

Tomuś

Clutching at straws as you probably see him as this evil Mourinho's soldier. He tells the truth which you apparently want to get: Players did down tools and played like twats. No tactics will cause Manchester United drop points repeatedly against rubbish teams.

We're past this period so can't we just enjoy it now? Or are we awaiting a shadow crew, searching for any apparent Mou or his favourites' fanboys to tell them how bonkers they were. Can't people just enjoy and breath a bit of fresh air?

el3mel

Looks a different player. Great game again. Hopefully we can get more of him than what we expected.

Ekeke

Was okayish. He's still relying on other players to do the majority of ball winning in midfield

Pogba won 2 tackles, 3 interceptions

Fred 2 tackles 1 interception in 53 mins

Ander 1 tackle 0 interceptions in 37 mins

Matic 2 tackles 0 interceptions in 90 mins

He's a bit faster moving the ball forward now, instead of taking so many touches he's okay letting the ball go a bit earlier. So he's definitely improved. But still doing half his job.

Gomes

Was never actually that bad. Most of the abuse he was getting was because he is liked by Mourinho.

Backrow Singer

Was okayish. He's still relying on other players to do the majority of ball winning in midfield

Pogba won 2 tackles, 3 interceptions

Fred 2 tackles 1 interception in 53 mins

Ander 1 tackle 0 interceptions in 37 mins

Matic 2 tackles 0 interceptions in 90 mins

He's a bit faster moving the ball forward now, instead of taking so many touches he's okay letting the ball go a bit earlier. So he's definitely improved. But still doing half his job.
I don’t mind him not necessarily doing that ball winning to be honest. If the two either side of him are doing it, as long as he’s positioning himself well enough I’m ok with that.

I thought he was a lot better again today. I’ve given the bloke some stick recently but fair play to him he’s starting to show his quality now and it’s good to see.

Cloud7

I will hold my hands up and admit I thought he should be benched immediately, but I couldn’t be happier to be proven wrong. Even Mourinho’s most trusted general in the team looks much better under a different manager :lol:

Foxbatt

Was never actually that bad. Most of the abuse he was getting was because he is liked by Mourinho.
Not at all. He was slated because he was crap. These two games he has raised his game a lot and had two very good games back to back. He is passing well and moving the ball a lot more quicker too.

Art

Art the artist
His performances suggest that either Jose has completely forgotten how to get the best out of players or he deliberately has his players play with restrictions making them look bad because Nemanja is on some other shit right now. Long may it continue. Very good performance.

Shiva87

I thought he was fantastic today! His positioning was excellent and he kept forcing the Huddersfield counterattacks into the wings.

Also, he's been showing some nice tricks and flicks to get the ball up the pitch quicker. Didn't think he had that in his locker!

Kostur

海尔的老板
Thought he was gassed but turns out he wasn't. Another great game, it looks like we finally have a functional midfield when Herrera is on the pitch. Still not sold on Fred.

His criticism was always over the top here but it's not overly surprising as some idiots here have this need to criticise other players to big up their love objects.

Devil may care

Mixed bag, some decent passess but struggles with runners and lingers at times on the ball. Rest him plenty and upgrade and he could still have another couple of seasons as a squad player for us IMO.

ash_86

We don't give same benefit of doubt to everyone. Matic was amazing today. Recycled the ball excellently and defended brilliantly. He's looking like the player we hope we were getting for £40m. This man needs some love in here.

El Jefe

Very good today and more purposeful with the ball since Ole came in.

Most of his hate club will be missing until his next average performance.

automaticflare

Mentioned it in matchday thread still think he took too many touches a number of times and slowed us down.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
He is way more aggressive with and without the ball and his positioning miraculously improved.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Nope, he was pretty poor I thought. Still slow on the ball. DDG and the back 4 were trying to play out on every opportunity and Matic was actively making himself unavailable. He doesn't want to take the ball in pressure situations and when he does release it to team mates the ball is often underhit or behind the player, killing any momentum and putting us under unnecessary pressure.

He's the biggest problem we have in the side right now. He isn't mobile enough, which is why we had to bring Herrera on to stop us getting overrun, he rarely wins the ball back for us and he's cumbersome in possession.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Nope, he was pretty poor I thought. Still slow on the ball. DDG and the back 4 were trying to play out on every opportunity and Matic was actively making himself unavailable. He doesn't want to take the ball in pressure situations and when he does release it to team mates the ball is often underhit or behind the player, killing any momentum and putting us under unnecessary pressure.

He's the biggest problem we have in the side right now. He isn't mobile enough, which is why we had to bring Herrera on to stop us getting overrun, he rarely wins the ball back for us and he's cumbersome in possession.
No, that's because Fred has awful positioning.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
No, that's because Fred has awful positioning.
It wasnt. If we had Ander in with Fred we wouldn't have these problems. Thats the issue you have when you have a sloth at the base of a midfield that presses. When that press from the forwards and the midfield inevitably gets passed, you need a DM Swift enough to fill the gaps. Matic simply can't do that.

Kostur

海尔的老板
It wasnt. If we had Ander in with Fred we wouldn't have these problems. Thats the issue you have when you have a sloth at the base of a midfield that presses. When that press from the forwards and the midfield inevitably gets passed, you need a DM Swift enough to fill the gaps. Matic simply can't do that.
Busquets was never the most mobile midfielder in the world yet he's done that at the best team in the world whose pressing was 100 times better than anybody else's. Jorginho is no sprinter either, did fine under Sarri for Napoli, seems to be doing fine for Chelsea too. So no, if Herrera was in and Fred was still leaving massive gaps like he was yesterday, he would struggle too, unless he can duplicate that is.

Edit: yesterday as in today, I struggle with Christmas time obviously.

Gomes

Not at all. He was slated because he was crap. These two games he has raised his game a lot and had two very good games back to back. He is passing well and moving the ball a lot more quicker too.
He was slated for every single pass and blamed for nearly every goal. For some reason most of the other players deserved another shot under a different manager, he didn't. A lot of original "if he was a horse..." jokes and wishing ill for your own team's player. Those "fans" should be called out not defended.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Fair to say he's the most improved player under Ole?
He'd have been man of the match but for Pogba's quality goals imo

Status
Not open for further replies.