Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
He will join AC Milan and do well.

He's done here. England is now top dog in Europe. The top teams have relentlessly hard working midfielders who are mobile, can playmake, tackle and score.

Matic has an insanely good touch for a big man. That's it.

steakpie

The pressing on Siggurdson was a disgrace for any professional footballer.

Born2Lose

Pathetic coward of a player. Have more respect for him if he pretended to be injured than "play" like he did yesterday.

48 hours

Odd headline as he mainly criticises himself. Also mentions the team struggle to get motivated against smaller teams

el3mel

Odd headline as he mainly criticises himself. Also mentions the team struggle to get motivated against smaller teams
He said all our problems including himself but still don't expect anything to improve. We have been hearing and reading these quotes after each terrible loss ever since Moyes season.

RedDevil@84

Seems like the rhetoric we used to listen after every game during Moyes time.
After a loss, not good enough. we need to do that and this
After an odd win, look how we kick off from here

Nothing happened finally. It was obvious most players had no interest to play

I hope by the way he is talking he has had his Gary Neville moment. I don't think he doesn't try, he just doesn't have the legs to cover the ground anymore. He didn't force us to buy him and if he leaves in the summer without holding us to ransom I would hold no ill will towards him. He could set an example to some of our other supposed professionals.

Johan07

Matic was a good signing based on the role he would play in a system. He has shown under both Mou and Conte that he is a good defensive system DM. If we try to play an expansive game where Matic has to move up and down the pitch then he is completely shown up. Playing as a lone DM exposes his limitations, he's not suited for it.
Its funny/interesting/sad with Matic. And a bit curious.
I agree with all of the above and always said that when Mourinho goes; Matic has to go because he cannot play in a more expansive more pressing system.
Then OGS arrived, we stood a bit higher up the pitch and actually tried to press the ball. And Matic was really good during the first ten games under OGS. I think I even apologized in this thread earlier for not giving him a chance in a more attacking system.
Then we start to lose games and go back to Mourinhouesqe football, the Everton game being the climax of this. And Matic suddenly sucks again when we actually went back to playing a game that should suit him.
Football is weird, but he should go this summer at the wage he is at.
And I dont understand how he can be so bad in the air at that height. Its astonishing.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Classy guy, but like Mata, Young, Valencia, and Sanchez - he's past the expiration date.
Yeah we need much more mobile players in that position. It's especially a problem when his quality on the ball is nothing great either. Rather play McTominay and Fred instead from here on.

flappyjay

Hides the fact that he can't pass by running and hanging on to the ball for far longer than he should.

Wilfred Brown

he is so obsessed with taking unnecessary touches before his releases the ball, offers no protection in the midfield and too lazy to himself a passing option for his teammates, we should get rid of him ASAP.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
Honestly think Fellaini was more mobile than him. Better passer and at least he won some headers.

el3mel

Thought he was pretty good first half but went full invisible the second one.

Kaglish10

He was good in the first half. I think he was our best midfielder in the first half.

Minimalist

He played well (I'm not even reading what's been said so far - I'm sure it's lovely as usual).

Dan_F

Had a good first half, but it’s completely overshadowed by the dreadful second. He could barely pass for a Premier League footballer based on that half.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Excellent first half I thought. Second half he was sloppy and back to looking slow. Think he's just nowhere close to being fit enough anymore.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Maybe our best midfielder first half, took control of the midfield and worked well alongside Herrera. Pogba moved and made himself available as an outlet that half. Our attackers and Pogba dropped their head in that second half while we had the ball and chance to attack. Matic doesn't provide the leadership to change that mentality and he followed the example set by others. So did Herrera eventually. He really falls apart without players making themselves available. Makes him look terrible.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Good in first half. Maybe our best midfielder. Did everything very good. Second half- as others.

hubbuh

So, so laboured in the second half. Misplaced passes, bad touches forcing him to constantly overstretch, general sense that he won't build anything. It's a completely inept foundational block. When you think about the men in the middle of the park at City, his total lack of zip and purpose is quite embarrassing. So far away from what we need to be aspiring to become. Massive stumbling block for progress. Imperative he is properly replaced in the summer.

dogwithabone

I thought he was excellent for an hour. Faded as Chelsea got a foothold in midfield but that’s hardly his fault alone.

simplyared

One of our best players in the first half today. On the whole a decent performance from him. Prefer him any day of the week before Fred. Still our best player in that role!

Status
Not open for further replies.