Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

MadMike

Today he joined the list of players that won’t survive the summer clear out. One of many hopefully

NoLogo

I sincerely hope this was his last game for us. Absolutely horrible. Mertesacker would look like a Usain Bolt next to him just jogs about the field, passing is shoddy at best and he is always too late to stop anyone from running through our midfield or blocking a pass.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Very concerning that Ole is repeating Jose's mistakes with Matic. If he's fit he plays and doesn't get subbed no matter who shit he is. What's the management team thinking here?

Raven

That was like someone having to step in on a days notice from the over 40s league

R'hllor

What a surprise... same old bullshit, only thing goes in his favor is that someone else is picking him.

drdoityourself

He's so slow and lacking in hunger. That effort for Gylfi's goal. Couldn't close down a VHS rental store.

youmeletsfly

This fecking little prick has the balls to come out and say that "we lacked leaders on the pitch today".

You don't need fecking leaders to do your job on the field, we're not in school anymore.
You don't even need motivation, you just need to respect your job and respect the 50K fans that are in the stadium and came to see a fecking spectacle.

I'm sick of this leaders and motivation nonsense. At times Matic was running around on the pitch like he was on the fecking copacabana playing as way to show off.

settembrini

He was already past his sell by date at Chelsea. He should have been bargain price given how bad he was for them in his last season but somehow we paid £40m and now he's stinking up our fridge with all the other rotten produce we've accumulated over the years and refuse to get rid of like some sort of demented hoarder of garbage footballers.

Giggs86

There's no way in hell this guy is 30. Someone should check his birth certificate because he plays like a 38-40 years old veteran in a testimonial match.

Patrick08

Sell him, until other clubs in epl find use of him, he will be a liability for years to come if we don't get rid quickly.

Get rabiot for free don't care about his attitude.

kundalini

Off the pace (again).

Coaching staff should know what they are likely to get from Matic right now. Came back from injury against Arsenal away - looked off the pace. Wolves FA Cup slow in possession. Watford home - looked off the pace.

Off the pace (again).

Coaching staff should know what they are likely to get from Matic right now. Came back from injury against Arsenal away - looked off the pace. Wolves FA Cup slow in possession. Watford home - looked off the pace.
Ed Woodward "So,you're saying we should offer him a new contract ?"

dogwithabone

Just look at the way Sigurdson advanced towards goal. Matic just let him wander through and basically pick his spot. I’ve watched it about five times and still cannot quite believe why he didn’t even bother making a half hearted challenge never mind a full bloodied one.

settembrini

Just look at the way Sigurdson advanced towards goal. Matic just let him wander through and basically pick his spot. I’ve watched it about five times and still cannot quite believe why he didn’t even bother making a half hearted challenge never mind a full bloodied one.
Matic doesn't need to make challenges. He is like Maldini and stops opposition players by his fantastic positional play.

yamo123x

Too slow for the premier league. Lacks any leadership or aggression. Runs around like he is wearing Wellingtons

Replace him with Declan Rice he will be in time our new keano.

Loublaze

ATLien
Laziest brain dead fecker on the team. His legs are not gone, he just won't run. Diabolical what he did for Everton's second

Ekeke

My answer is, he knows that he gets picked by Mourinho and Ole without doing any defending. So he cant be bothered

Irwin99

A big mistake from the club signing him in the first place. Good player on his day but not right for us and too slow.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
A big mistake from the club signing him in the first place. Good player on his day but not right for us and too slow.
Matic was a good signing based on the role he would play in a system. He has shown under both Mou and Conte that he is a good defensive system DM. If we try to play an expansive game where Matic has to move up and down the pitch then he is completely shown up. Playing as a lone DM exposes his limitations, he's not suited for it.

flappyjay

This is why we do not sign 29 year olds.

Yes, he is indeed too fecking old cause now we gotta replace him and he's barely done anything here.
We get called fifa managers for saying 28/29 year olds are bad investments

Irwin99

Matic was a good signing based on the role he would play in a system. He has shown under both Mou and Conte that he is a good defensive system DM. If we try to play an expansive game where Matic has to move up and down the pitch then he is completely shown up. Playing as a lone DM exposes his limitations, he's not suited for it.
Yeah it was a good Jose signing and Conte obviously didn't wan't him to go but he just doesn't fit the profile of a united midfielder. Kind of annoyed that Herrera is leaving and this guy isn't.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Think it's time to move him on, been a decent player, but most of this season he has failed to cover players making runs into our penalty area, and generally been slow in closing down opponents. Nothing personal, but I hope that was his last game for us.

Ashley R1+O

It probably time to call stumps. I'm okay with him leaving and bring some fresh blood in.

Born2Lose

Seems most of the forum can see how bad this guy is now, the worrying thing is how Ole can't and lets him stroll back into the team.

Scholsey2004

No energy in his play whatsoever. Makes perfect sense us being linked with someone like Declan rice when you see how Matic is performing. DM who doesn't defend is a bit of a misnomer as well.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Decent player on his day, but, to me, he plays like he's going the motions, knows he's achieved what he can in his career and seeing out the days to retirement.

No hunger or drive whatsoever.

Status
Not open for further replies.