Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stacks

Matic and Herrera should really not be starting next season.
Herrera has been good this season. great at turnovers. really weird using his return game after injury to comment after exemplary performances under Ole so far.
Matic and Herrera are both squad players. Neither would get close to starting for a top 6 team in europe and shouldn't for us either.
Lets take look then. Liverpool currently top 6 side in Europe. Herrera gets in. City maybe not. Barca, probs not although they wanted him for years. Juve, yes. they signed Khedira and Ramsay. Also what to Bentacour and Matuidi even do better on a game basis. Atletico yes. Spurs, yes. I think you overate the personnel of the top 6 in Europe and Herrera could play for many.

Irwin99

12 yellow cards this year, he's racking them up . Thought he had a spell in the first half that was ok but was poor second half. Not been a great season for him despite some good games under Ole initially.

Eddy_JukeZ

Herrera should displace him(he can easily play as a holding midfielder imo) and ideally we get someone in to play in Herrera's current position(a bit further up the field).

Matic is finished.

goin4glory

Herrera has been good this season. great at turnovers. really weird using his return game after injury to comment after exemplary performances under Ole so far.

Lets take look then. Liverpool currently top 6 side in Europe. Herrera gets in. City maybe not. Barca, probs not although they wanted him for years. Juve, yes. they signed Khedira and Ramsay. Also what to Bentacour and Matuidi even do better on a game basis. Atletico yes. Spurs, yes. I think you overate the personnel of the top 6 in Europe and Herrera could play for many.
Talk about cherry picking, you include Atletico as a top 6 side but not Real Madrid? He wouldn't even get into Atletico either and they aren't top 6. Let's not even mention how far behind he is the Madrid CM's like Modric/Kroos.

Probs not Barca? Is that a piss take? They whistle coutinho they'd murder Herrera. We're talking about a team with Rakitic/Busquets/Vidal along with Arthur whose been superb and Coutinho. You'd honestly get laughed off any neutral forum for that type of comment.

City not even close. No he doesn't get into Juve another joke, Pjanic is far better as is Matuidi. Even Khedira and Can are better.

He doesn't start for Bayern who are a top 6 side, at least the past few years. Thiago/James/Martinez all better and again not close.

Where does he start for Spurs exactly? It certainly isn't ahead of Eriksen and Ali, and I doubt any Liverpool supporter would take him as a starting CM either.

If we were to sell Herrera this summer then United fans like you would get another reality check ala Rafael/Cleverly/Evans. No big club would look twice and rightly so.

Stacks

Talk about cherry picking, you include Atletico as a top 6 side but not Real Madrid? He wouldn't even get into Atletico either and they aren't top 6. Let's not even mention how far behind he is the Madrid CM's like Modric/Kroos.

Probs not Barca? Is that a piss take? They whistle coutinho they'd murder Herrera. We're talking about a team with Rakitic/Busquets/Vidal along with Arthur whose been superb and Coutinho. You'd honestly get laughed off any neutral forum for that type of comment.

City not even close. No he doesn't get into Juve another joke, Pjanic is far better as is Matuidi. Even Khedira and Can are better.

He doesn't start for Bayern who are a top 6 side, at least the past few years. Thiago/James/Martinez all better and again not close.

Where does he start for Spurs exactly? It certainly isn't ahead of Eriksen and Ali, and I doubt any Liverpool supporter would take him as a starting CM either.

If we were to sell Herrera this summer then United fans like you would get another reality check ala Rafael/Cleverly/Evans. No big club would look twice and rightly so.
So what do Can, Matuiti and Khedira do better exactly? Martinez? Why would he need to replace Alli or Eriksen? How about Winks, Dier, Wanyama and the actual dross CM they have. You are basically just upset and venting for whatever reason and thus overstating the competition......sad

tentan

Poor man's poster.
Looked way off the mark again. Mctominay should be starting.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Interesting that Ole is making the same mistake Mourinho did, he brought Matic back to the team as soon he was considered fit and again Matic doesn't look up to it.

settembrini

12 yellow cards this year, he's racking them up.
It's facts like these that make the whole 'He doesn't need to make tackles or interceptions because he's like Maldini and stops the opposition through positioning alone' idea look like bollocks.

Well that and the whole watching games and seeing opponents run circles around him.

Swiss_Red89

He is good and very calm on the ball under pressure...but thats it with him.

Otherwise he really struggles, he looks out of place on this level now. The fact that his place is in danger because of young Scott McTominay says it all. (Nothing against Scott, he played very well lately and deserves more chances).

Last edited by a moderator:

Ekeke

Have you not watched any La Liga at all this season?

Thomas Partey starts CM for Atletico, of course Ander is better than him. And Kroos and Modric have been key parts of Madrid falling apart this season. Madrid wouldnt be picking them if they had other options of Ander's level.

Bestietom

I think our midfield needs upgrading. A Replacement for Matic and Herrera is needed, if we want to win the Premiership next season.

el3mel

Just like Herrera, has been crap for a good time now. Dropping performing Scott for him was a terrible move.

Rajma

Ole has a decision to make or otherwise it won’t sit well with some lads watching from the bench put him in performances like that week in week out. McT has to start simple and I don’t even rate him that much.

Bobski

Awful performance, looked near finished in that game, would not be getting into the Watford side in that form.

Ekeke

That was statistically the 4th worst match of any of our players this season, with Pereira against Burnley, Rojo against Arsenal and Lindelof against West Ham being the only worse one off performances.

He also had the 5th worst match of any of our players this season against Watford where he was sent off in September. Somehow he managed to have less of a contribution than a match he got sent off in.

Cloud7

He had a resurgence of form when Ole took over, but he’s been crap for a while now, made even worse by the fact that Scott looked quite good while he was out injured.

BlahRules

Ole has a decision to make or otherwise it won’t sit well with some lads watching from the bench put him in performances like that week in week out. McT has to start simple and I don’t even rate him that much.
McTommy is so much better than Matic. He can defend and release the ball faster which is the least we expect from a defensive midfielder.

Matic has been shit for a while and still continues to be shit. Herrera had been doing the running for him and when Herrera has his off days we have no grip on the game.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Didn't think I'd be saying this last season but get McTominay back in the team ASAP, Matic has been garbage for a few games now.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Dreadful today really. He's far better than this but the worry is also he's still probably not good enough anymore, which was always what the worry was when we signed him. Good for a season or 2 at most. The whole midfield was a disaster today, and that's where most of our focus needs to go after getting a right winger. 2 midfielders and Sancho/Hudson-Odoi and I'd be happy with our summer window. Both Matic and Herrera need replacing, Herrera because he's most likely off (but would need phasing out anyway), Matic because he needs phasing out now.

billybee99

The worst player on the pitch today. He really is a weak link for us. So slow and lethargic. We need an upgrade in the summer

pascell

The worst player on the pitch today. He really is a weak link for us. So slow and lethargic. We need an upgrade in the summer
We do need an upgrade I agree, but it's not happening unfortunately. We could end up losing Pogba and Herrera this summer, we cant replace our whole midfield in summer.

Ekeke

We do need an upgrade I agree, but it's not happening unfortunately. We could end up losing Pogba and Herrera this summer, we cant replace our whole midfield in summer.
He's obviously the first to take care of. Hopefully the Rice rumour is true

Njord

Feels a lot of our bad periods are connected with him getting to deep, and positioning himself between the CBs. This in turn leads to Herrera and Pogba dropping deep, and as our forwards stay high up the pitch, the opposition midfield can do what they want.

I don't know why he does this, but my theory is that when he feels his legs are tiring he becomes afraid of being overrun, and therefore reluctant to step forward in midfield.

We desperatly need someone who can share minutes with him. When he plays like today, he's the biggest weakness in our team.

Jib

Maybe the worst player on the pitch after Herrera today. I like him but damn sometimes it's hard to watch him play like that !

Gomes

Maybe the worst player on the pitch after Herrera today. I like him but damn sometimes it's hard to watch him play like that !
"The future Ballon d'or winner" was worse than both.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Has been missing in action since the injury.

Ekeke

How can a DM that isnt interested in defending be better than a DM who wins 5 tackles and 1 interception?

He's gone back to looking tired again. He couldn't get across the pitch quickly enough to cover Watford's passes and started sitting deeper and deeper, particularly as the centre backs couldn't bring it out to him any higher up.

Status
Not open for further replies.