Next Draft - Ideas and Discussions

Moby

Dick
@Edgar Allan Pillow in light of the above two posts, seems no one will arguing for the opposition. So, how about having normal matches say Moby vs Gio and both of us argue on how the neutral side will beat the other guy and how my own side will beat the neutral.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
@Edgar Allan Pillow in light of the above two posts, seems no one will arguing for the opposition. So, how about having normal matches say Moby vs Gio and both of us argue on how the neutral side will beat the other guy and how my own side will beat the neutral.
That's a good idea.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Or you could have a few people who will play for the club team? We usually have lots of people wanting In on drafts, I don't mind volunteering for that.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Agree. Probably end up debating with no one in some games. Can't imagine too many neutrals wanting to spend too much time defending the club teams.
Happy to make the case for the designated opponents - maybe need a small pool of people who are inclined to do so.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Happy to make the case for the designated opponents - maybe need a small pool of people who are inclined to do so.
I think that would be the best approach, if we can get a team of maybe 4 or 5 people we can take turns defending the club team. Don't mind putting myself forward for that too.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
How would the same player being on both the player's team and the NPC opponent's team be handled?

Just have them on both sides?

idmanager

I have an idea for a draft which I found interesting.

1. The mod would have a block list of 110 players. 10 shall be revealed at the start of drafting and 100 shall remain unrevealed.
2. The drafting would happen in snake style and at the end of each round of picking, you get the player if he was not on the block list (revealed by the mod at the end of the round).
3. Managers who picked a blocked player don't get to pick again immediately.
4. They only get to pick at the end of all the rounds (11).
5. There shall be 3 extra rounds at the end. The blocked unrevealed players become unblocked for everyone who has 11 players.
6. They remain blocked for the others till they don't have 11 players on their team.
7. If you don't have 11 players at the end of drafting, you shall be assigned players by the mod.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
I have an idea for a draft which I found interesting.

1. The mod would have a block list of 110 players. 10 shall be revealed at the start of drafting and 100 shall remain unrevealed.
2. The drafting would happen in snake style and at the end of each round of picking, you get the player if he was not on the block list (revealed by the mod at the end of the round).
3. Managers who picked a blocked player don't get to pick again immediately.
4. They only get to pick at the end of all the rounds (11).
5. There shall be 3 extra rounds at the end. The blocked unrevealed players become unblocked for everyone who has 11 players.
6. They remain blocked for the others till they don't have 11 players on their team.
7. If you don't have 11 players at the end of drafting, you shall be assigned players by the mod.
Sounds interesting but there would be some seriously unbalanced sides.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Sounds like a good idea but @P-Nut0712 has a good point.

In for the next one anyway.

idmanager

Your squad would be weaker if you are greedy. The 110 blocked players would have the best in each position. Should'nt be tough to dodge them.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Just putting out an idea for the next draft, I don't think we've done a EPL draft on here before, so how about it? It will allow modernish players that normally don't get picked some attention and would avoid the repetitive debates regarding the older GOAT's. We could have a minimum of 6 club representation in the teams to avoid hoarding of players who have just played for the big clubs.

MJJ

Just putting out an idea for the next draft, I don't think we've done a EPL draft on here before, so how about it? It will allow modernish players that normally don't get picked some attention and would avoid the repetitive debates regarding the older GOAT's. We could have a minimum of 6 club representation in the teams to avoid hoarding of players who have just played for the big clubs.
I won the last one :cool:

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
We did one a few years ago:

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/all-time-premier-league-fantasy-draft.406386/

idmanager

How about a 14 managers draft?

You pick 14 players who have played under 14 different managers.
The catch being your next pick should have played under a manager who your last pick also played under (doesn't have to be at the same time).
You can't use the same manager again.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Provisional interest in Serie A Draft:

1. 2mufc0
2. Moby
3. Enigma
4. Gio
5. Harms
6. Oaencha
7. Raees

prath92

Is it based on their form in the 90s or is the criteria simply having played in the 90s at least once?

prath92

1. 2mufc0
2. Moby
3. Enigma
4. Gio
5. Harms
6. Oaencha
7. Raees
8. Lord Sinister
9. Prath92