Next Draft - Ideas and Discussions

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
European nationality only. Deciding what to finalize the chain based on currently.

Edit: It will be European nationality only. However, you can not go directly between countries that have won the World Cup.
fecking hell, that'll be a tough one. Is it like the road trip one where they have to share a border as well?

Michaelf7777777

(∪。∪)。。。zzz
European chain draft

No limit for players from a country, but must use at least 6 different countries.

You can not move directly between countries that have won the World Cup.

Managers pick starting country by PM and it will not be announced or made known.

Managers all send one blocked European player (which will make up the blocked list) but if blocking one specifically designated player (one that I have chosen for attack, midfield, and defense beforehand, but will not be made known) then there is a prize awarded.

Cannot pick any players who have played with your blocked player. So decide if blocking a big name for others, or keeping your options open for yourself.

Must pick at least one outfield player who has never won a European trophy.

Each manager gets one “reset” button to jump to an unchained European country.

There’s also a couple of other rounds and rules that are kept secret until announced.
In

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
looks like skizzo died in a battle for toilet paper :(

GodShaveTheQueen

We mean it man, we love our queen!
The Coronavirus draft

1. Snake style drafting. At the end of each round, all 16 picks shall test positive for Coronavirus
2. All players who have played with these 16 are not available for next round to anyone to avoid spreading.
3. After next round, all previously infected players are cured and the new 16 drafted players are infected.
4. Repeat from step 2

Šjor Bepo

Would be a bastard to follow the block list but im down....sign me up :D

Moby

Dick
So one pick every 14 days?
No it's simple.

Pick anyone for Round 1.
At the start of Round 2 all players who played with anyone picked in Round 1 are blocked. Round 2 picks are made.
Then for Round 3 same thing but in this case all players who played with Round 2 players are now blocked. Can be picked even if they played with Round 1 players as long as they didn't play with Round 2 players.
And so on.

Count me in.

P-Nut

No it's simple.

Pick anyone for Round 1.
At the start of Round 2 all players who played with anyone picked in Round 1 are blocked. Round 2 picks are made.
Then for Round 3 same thing but in this case all players who played with Round 2 players are now blocked. Can be picked even if they played with Round 1 players as long as they didn't play with Round 2 players.
And so on.

Count me in.
There'd be no players available for round 2 :lol:

GodShaveTheQueen

There'd be no players available for round 2 :lol:
Lots of goats would be blocked in round 2, but will be available again in round 3.

And the all time pool is not that small to assume 16 players have played with every other great player.

Will be an up and down draft really quality wise.

P-Nut

Lots of goats would be blocked in round 2, but will be available again in round 3.

And the all time pool is not that small to assume 16 players have played with every other great player.

Will be an up and down draft really quality wise.
I took it as anyone to have played with any player picked in round 1 so 14x16=224 and then anyone picked in round 2 couldn't have played with any of those 224 players

GodShaveTheQueen

I took it as anyone to have played with any player picked in round 1 so 14x16=224 and then anyone picked in round 2 couldn't have played with any of those 224 players
Nah, round 1 as in first 16 players.

Michaelf7777777

(∪。∪)。。。zzz
The Coronavirus draft

1. Snake style drafting. At the end of each round, all 16 picks shall test positive for Coronavirus
2. All players who have played with these 16 are not available for next round to anyone to avoid spreading.
3. After next round, all previously infected players are cured and the new 16 drafted players are infected.
4. Repeat from step 2
In

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
The Coronavirus draft

4. Repeat from step 2
Do pre-TV era players die if infected? I think we need to make it more realistic.

Enigma_87

You know who
If you pick an Italian player your next 4 picks should be made through Internet Explorer 6.0.

Šjor Bepo

1. Scrappy
2. Sjor/Invi
3. Edgar
4. Moby
5. P-nut
6. :D
7. Michael

NoPace

I'm still very into the idea of a current draft of Prem players where we pick 18 players to try to win the league, including a manager (so 19 rounds). Ideally 20 teams. I'm watching more Prem and less other leagues than ever and am ready to argue about players like Harvey Barnes and Enda Stevens and Aaron Mooy and real idiotic shit like teams trying to argue they've build a system to accentuate Shane Duffy's aerial prowess and he's basically Vidic when you squint or Arthur Masuaku's crossing in a 3-4-3 even though they're both kinda terrible also.

P-Nut

No nationality restrictions but most nationalities in the starting XI will be used as the tiebreaker if votes are equal.

Shamelessly stolen from @Samid in the cricket draft for a neat way to settle draws

P-Nut

I'm still very into the idea of a current draft of Prem players where we pick 18 players to try to win the league, including a manager (so 19 rounds). Ideally 20 teams. I'm watching more Prem and less other leagues than ever and am ready to argue about players like Harvey Barnes and Enda Stevens and Aaron Mooy and real idiotic shit like teams trying to argue they've build a system to accentuate Shane Duffy's aerial prowess and he's basically Vidic when you squint or Arthur Masuaku's crossing in a 3-4-3 even though they're both kinda terrible also.
Sort of tried running one like that, but it's such a hassle modding it and keeping the enthusiasm going.