Next Draft - Ideas and Discussions

Moby

Dick
That sounds great. Don't know if we'd be able to work in the buying of properties so we get money off of each other. Would make everyones rolls interesting to everyone. Maybe just randomise the board and split them between managers
The Risk thing is far too complicated, mostly it sounds too much like Risk than an actual draft.

EDIT: Really like Moby's idea of money in Monopoly.
Cheers, yeah we can add more stuff in. The thing is in actual Monopoly once you buy a place then it's yours so you can build properties on it, which we don't have in here. Guess we can have one go with the money thrown in and the prices for all criteria, as well as the Chance, CC, Jail and Start turns to add/remove money. Will have to carefully set the prices though, so as to make sure people have to sacrifice a fair bit when going for a top player and so on.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
RISK Draft

Armies

There are 4 complete set of armies, each containing 2 types:
1. Juan Mata(worth 1)
2. Odion Ighalo(worth 3)

Start the game by placing Juan Mata pieces. Later, you can trade in 3 Juan Matas for 1 Odion Ighalo.

Specific Armies
Every army out of 4 will have 4 draft players.
Green Street Hooligans
Scrappy's
Drunk Fools
Poets
Each army will have their convo where they can plan their strategy, send tasks, bribe the Iron Lady etc. Attacks though need to be announced in the main thread and that can be done by any member of the specific army.

Cards
  • 42 Cards are marked with a territory and a picture of Juan Mata or Odion Ighalo
  • Two "wild" cards marked with all two pictures, but no territory.
  • You get a card for every territory you conquer

During the War.....
....you can change your cards for new soldiers + if you hold the whole continent for the whole round you get a bonus of additional soldiers for the next round.
  • 3 Juan Mata cards - 2 additional soldiers
  • 3 Odion Ighalo cards - 4 additional soldiers
  • Continent bonus: Asia(7), North America(4), Europe(5), South America(3), Australia(2), Africa(4)
  • Every turn you get 2 additional soldiers no matter what.

....when you skip all the Albert nonsense you get to the Act of War, this are the rules of engagement:
Its sad but war isnt fair, man behind the Iron Curtain will decide who wins specific battles. There will be a task for every life of Juan Mata and the loser of the specific battle will lose 1 soldier per task.
Attack can be stopped at any time and is stopped when you dont have enough soldiers to attack, which is when you get to the last one. Every team is allowed 3 attacks per round.
In a battle against the Eddie Howe's Bournemouth your every hit is worth twice so if you win your battle you will kill 2 soldiers, if you lose you lose just one soldier.
How the battle against the Bournemouth will be decided is yet to be decided! :D

How to actually draft a player?
Every territory will mark a certain nation/club/competition/criteria. If you hold your territory for 3 rounds you can then pick a player from that spot. For the next player from that same spot you need to wait for another 3 rounds, you can only pick 2 players from the same spot in the initial phase of War.
You can also decide not to pick a player from a certain spot after holding it for 3 rounds.

Object of the Game
Build the best squad you can, minimum 14 max 16
Jesus mate, hang in there. :lol:

Himannv

Cheers, yeah we can add more stuff in. The thing is in actual Monopoly once you buy a place then it's yours so you can build properties on it, which we don't have in here. Guess we can have one go with the money thrown in and the prices for all criteria, as well as the Chance, CC, Jail and Start turns to add/remove money. Will have to carefully set the prices though, so as to make sure people have to sacrifice a fair bit when going for a top player and so on.
Was wondering how it would work if the stuff on the board are not criteria but clubs. Say you land on Manchester United, you can decide to buy it. As a result have access to every player who ever played for Manchester United, but you'll have to land on the square again to pick one of them (they'll be free of course). In the meantime, if someone else lands on Manchester United, they can buy any player who played for the club, but they would have to pay you for any of these players. Prices for players and clubs obviously have to be well thought out.

Moby

Dick
Was wondering how it would work if the stuff on the board are not criteria but clubs. Say you land on Manchester United, you can decide to buy it. As a result have access to every player who ever played for Manchester United, but you'll have to land on the square again to pick one of them (they'll be free of course). In the meantime, if someone else lands on Manchester United, they can buy any player who played for the club, but they would have to pay you for any of these players. Prices for players and clubs obviously have to be well thought out.
Sounds great and would be quite a good change. And yeah those rules would work a lot better in that case. Up for that.

I think the clubs can be priced according to the quality of players in that pool. We can actually have the same theme with countries as well.

@Edgar Allan Pillow run this my man.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
Yeah, ran anything bar risk now i sleept over the idea :lol:

Šjor Bepo

this fecking quarantine, got few ideas for risk again :lol: himan comment helped when he said its more risk playing then drafting so will change that, but in the evening after few drinks.

Moby

Dick
Personally would prefer going ahead with Himannv's suggestion right now. Looks bang on and would be a lot of fun. In the meantime we can put down the rules for the Risk one.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
That works perfectly, you'd have to add in the match threads which club version of a player you was using though.

For instance if there are Madrid and United squares and you land on the United one and want CR7 you'd have to play that version as you'd be paying the drafter who owns United box.

Indnyc

i can make a monopoly board.. Will need help with cost of each box though.. Anybody wanting to help out?

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Add field categories like “Brazilian fullback” and “Brazilian center back”, once you have monopoly on Brazilian defenders, you can upgrade T4 players like Branco/Oscar to T1 players like Cafu/Lucio :lol:

It’s impossible to implement since it’ll require strict categorization lists for all positions (so that Zanetti can’t be picked as a winger) and all the tiers, but that would been fun.

harms

Staff
Should’ve read all of the discussion, it has progressed quite a bit!

Indnyc

Add field categories like “Brazilian fullback” and “Brazilian center back”, once you have monopoly on Brazilian defenders, you can upgrade T4 players like Branco/Oscar to T1 players like Cafu/Lucio :lol:

It’s impossible to implement since it’ll require strict categorization lists for all positions (so that Zanetti can’t be picked as a winger) and all the tiers, but that would been fun.
Some parts of this can be implemented.. Chance cards will have random ideas like this included..

Indnyc

Some initial rules

1) At start everyone gets 200m. Cost for picking a player from each box is mentioned in brackets. There will be a total of 14 roll of dice.. You need to pick at least 12 players.. So allowed to skip 2 turns if you don't like the box you are in..

2) Chance cards are pre determined scenarios which are available with the Bank/Draft mod.. Will be revealed as a manager lands on it..

3) Players are free to be traded/auctioned off.. Bank will buy with 10m loss.. Also Bank will give a loan if required by a manager.. Loans cannot exceed 100m

Please review the criteria and see if something is unclear.. Also would love to hear ideas on how we can incorporate buying boxes into the game

Moby

Dick
If we are getting 200m every turn then those prices are quite low, no?

In real Monopoly, we get $200 every turn, and prices start from around 100 and the max is 400. So should be a similar scale here. But we also get $1500 at the start of the game so something similar like an initial kitty could be there.

Indnyc

In real Monopoly, we get $200 every turn, and prices start from around 100 and the max is 400. So should be a similar scale here. But we also get $1500 at the start of the game so something similar like an initial kitty could be there.
Yes i am open to suggestions on how to change the pricing.. I struggled a bit with the pricing aspect of it

Moby

Dick
Yes i am open to suggestions on how to change the pricing.. I struggled a bit with the pricing aspect of it
I mean, if I am getting 200m every turn I won't hesitate spending 100m odd on any good player which seems to be the price for the easier boxes.

So probably best to follow the real game model. 1500m at the start. Then 200m every turn. Cheapest box is 100/120m and most expensive one is 400m.

Indnyc

I mean, if I am getting 200m every turn I won't hesitate spending 100m odd on any good player which seems to be the price for the easier boxes.

So probably best to follow the real game model. 1500m at the start. Then 200m every turn. Cheapest box is 100/120m and most expensive one is 400m.
Okay sounds good.. I'll amend the prices accordingly

harms

Staff
Not 200m, but I like the idea of only having a budget for 4-5 players at the start and getting a small boost every circle, so that you really need to think whenever to pick or not on each category.

Šjor Bepo

tbf here you dont have houses and other crap so maybe we should get a bit less then in the game model but yeah, thats the right direction.

Indnyc

Not 200m, but I like the idea of only having a budget for 4-5 players at the start and getting a small boost every circle, so that you really need to think whenever to pick or not on each category.
tbf here you dont have houses and other crap so maybe we should get a bit less then in the game model but yeah, thats the right direction.
So i am thinking 200m to start + 100m for each time you pass start.. Assuming each player roughly takes 4 to 5 die rolls to get through the board you end up with roughly 600m to 700m assuming total of 14 die rolls..

With average player prices of ~40m enough money to get the players you want and also to bid on other players etc.

Another thing.. We can allow boxes to be purchased by managers.. Once owned they get to veto players and/or get rent from managers who land on the box

P-Nut

In actual monopoly you don't spend money on every roll, sometimes you gain money sometimes you just stay as you were. Something that needs to be worked out in the budgets probably.

Couple of other points more to do with the actual board.

Go to jail and the actual jail are the wrong way around. It would end up a benefit going to jail as you'd likely pass go an extra time. Whereas if they are the other way around it will take you longer to pass go and get extra money, meaning you might have to pick lesser players.

In real monopoly the priciest (best) boxes are grouped towards the end of the board, with the cheapest being right at the start. Would be good to incorporate something like that so when you get a high roll and get further towards the good boxes you'd be happier.

P-Nut

I'm also not sure how the 14 turns will work out, I know we don't want people skipping all the crap boxes, but that should be worked out via budget rather than turns I think.

Indnyc

I'm also not sure how the 14 turns will work out, I know we don't want people skipping all the crap boxes, but that should be worked out via budget rather than turns I think.
14 rolls of dice.. So standard snake format in terms of movement order

P-Nut

14 rolls of dice.. So standard snake format in terms of movement order
Yeah but I don't think it should be an enforced only allowed 2 skips, should just roll until everyone has got 12 players and be allowed to skip what you want, with the budget enforcing that you can't just wait for the good boxes.

Michaelf7777777

(∪。∪)。。。zzz

Some initial rules

1) At start everyone gets 200m. Cost for picking a player from each box is mentioned in brackets. There will be a total of 14 roll of dice.. You need to pick at least 12 players.. So allowed to skip 2 turns if you don't like the box you are in..

2) Chance cards are pre determined scenarios which are available with the Bank/Draft mod.. Will be revealed as a manager lands on it..

3) Players are free to be traded/auctioned off.. Bank will buy with 10m loss.. Also Bank will give a loan if required by a manager.. Loans cannot exceed 100m

Please review the criteria and see if something is unclear.. Also would love to hear ideas on how we can incorporate buying boxes into the game
In