Next Draft - Ideas and Discussions

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
How?

The list above will bie as is. I planned to have the weaker rivals first and snake gets stronger as better teams. Is that what you meant?
Well my point was picks 1 and 16 will have first dibs in 6 pools, which could be quite an advantage where there isn't that much depth.

But equally it would be complicated to start the snake from different pick points to try and improve fairness with creating unintended unfair consequences. Quite possible that being in the middle is better if you're able to get servicable quality every single time, rather than a great and a sheep. So I'm not precious about it - just crack on as you planned. Looks like a good innovative draft, should open up some newer pools.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
Yeah, I'll remove the Porto duplication and replace with one of Sjors suggestions. However my laptop died and I'm about to buy a new one. So, this has to wait a week or so while I get it to start.
open the thread without OP so we get the numbers up in that week

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
New idea - Innovative Tactics Draft

Teams to play a style of football which has not been used before. How different they need to be from current tactics to be considered innovative would be down to the voters. What gave me the idea was watching this video on Morocco's tactics from the World Cup. It was a blend of old and new.

I would suggest a Peaches and a GOAT style draft as it limits megastars but allows the ultimate flexibility in team building which is what this draft would need.

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
I have some ideas but it's tricky to do with restrictions in my view.
Would you prefer it with an all-time unrestricted pool? I was thinking the Peaches and GOAT style would still allow sufficient flexibility.

Himannv

Would you prefer it with an all-time unrestricted pool? I was thinking the Peaches and GOAT style would still allow sufficient flexibility.
I think a cost restriction would work better - that allows you to pick one GOAT plus have two or three top players with specific characteristics to support. My argument is that to build something unique, you need players who have reasonably rare characteristics, and as such they're probably top players in a restricted pool.

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
I think a cost restriction would work better - that allows you to pick one GOAT plus have two or three top players with specific characteristics to support. My argument is that to build something unique, you need players who have reasonably rare characteristics, and as such they're probably top players in a restricted pool.
This was the style of draft I had in mind which I think works for what you are suggesting. We can always tweak the budget.

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/mor...draft-reinforcement-round-in-progress.472123/

Šjor Bepo

There is a thread in the main forum "best-player-ever-in-4-year-intervals" and i reckon it would make a brilliant draft!
Would be a 4 way draft with 4 different year intervals! The ones with less draft wins would have the first pick of their pool(for example, zlatan gets the nod ahead of gio etc.) via PM. Intervals stay hidden until the match thread. Would be a free all time pool to make it a bit easier + been ages since we done one.
Age brackets would be:
Debut - 22
22 - 26
26 - 30
30 - Retirement

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
There is a thread in the main forum "best-player-ever-in-4-year-intervals" and i reckon it would make a brilliant draft!
Would be a 4 way draft with 4 different year intervals! The ones with less draft wins would have the first pick of their pool(for example, zlatan gets the nod ahead of gio etc.) via PM. Intervals stay hidden until the match thread. Would be a free all time pool to make it a bit easier + been ages since we done one.
Age brackets would be:
Debut - 22
22 - 26
26 - 30
30 - Retirement
Could there be multiple versions of the same player?

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Age brackets would be:
Debut - 22
22 - 26
26 - 30
30 - Retirement
Nice concept. Do you rotate through the pools?

Šjor Bepo

Nice concept. Do you rotate through the pools?
thought its one pool for whole draft(until RR, then id allow change), like in the original 4way draft where you picked club/manager/country/decade and you had it the whole time. Makes it interesting as you dont know who has what pool for first few rounds so you cant really plan it and save picks.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
Finally got around to updating the OP.

Winners so far:

In additon to his 7 solos, Gio has co-won 4 times
Joga has won once and co-won 4 times
Theon has won twice and co-won 3 times
Invictus has never won individually but co-won 5 times

ManagerWin Count #
Gio
7​
Enigma
5​
harms
4​
MJJ
3​
GSTQ
3​
Pat_Mustard
3​
Jim Beam
2​
Theon
2​
EAP
2​
antohan
2​
Cal?
2​
Isotope
2​
Onenil/Invictus
1​
The Stain
1​
Sjor/Gio
1​
DanNistelrooy
1​
2mufc0
1​
Don Alfredo
1​
Polaroid
1​
Downcast
1​
Skizzo/Pat
1​
2mufc0/Theon
1​
Cutch/Annah
1​
Abandoned
1​
N/A
1​
Enigma/Joga Bonito
1​
Enigma/Snow
1​
RedTiger/Joga Bonito/Balu
1​
General Elegancia/Invictus
1​
Skizzo
1​
Aldo
1​
Synco
1​
Gio/2mufc
1​
Tuppet
1​
Gio/Theon
1​
Michael/GSTQ
1​
Annahnomoss
1​
Moby
1​
???
1​
NM/Snow
1​
Himannv
1​
Cling Bak
1​
Indnyc
1​
P-Nut/Enigma
1​
Indnyc/crappy
1​
Raees/Invictus
1​
Invictus/Theon
1​
Sjor
1​
Big Dunk
1​
Sjor/Invictus/2mufc0
1​
Jayvin
1​
Skizzo/Annahnomoss
1​
Brwned
1​
Stobzilla
1​
Jim Beam / Joga Bonito
1​
TBC
1​
Jim Beam/Synco
1​
Cutch
1​
Joga Bonito
1​
Joga Bonito/Gio
1​
Lord Sinister
1​

Last edited:

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
The Top Teams Draft

God forgive Gary Nev! Also, I don't get why Terry is chosen above Cole in that Chelsea team!

Was watching this and gave me a idea for next draft.

Each manager will nominate one team with season year who they consider as one of the best all time. To build backup and to avoid overlaps, the draft mod will nominate 3 additional teams. This then will make up for the draft pool. What makes this interesting is that ALL the players from those teams would feature, not just the stars.

Himannv

The Top Teams Draft

God forgive Gary Nev! Also, I don't get why Terry is chosen above Cole in that Chelsea team!

Each manager will nominate one team with season year who they consider as one of the best all time. To build backup and to avoid overlaps, the draft mod will nominate 3 additional teams. This then will make up for the draft pool. What makes this interesting is that ALL the players from those teams would feature, not just the stars.
I think nominations should be public or everyone will just nominate Barca.

Great idea though.

Michaelf7777777

(∪。∪)。。。zzz
The Top Teams Draft

In

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
Would we need to play the particular version of the player? E.g. Utd 1999 you would have to play Scholes as an attacking midfielder.

Šjor Bepo

Would we need to play the particular version of the player? E.g. Utd 1999 you would have to play Scholes as an attacking midfielder.
surely thats the whole point of the draft, you get a player from that season

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
Yeah, we can at best look to stretch the peak period to 1 year before and after the chosen season at best.

Another rule will be for the player to be played in same position that he played for chosen season.
Suppose someone picks 1999 and 2008 Utd, can we have old Scholes and young Scholes in the same draft?

I don't think the same position requirement works. For old players like Di Stefano it could be a pain if you have to go WM. Also it would be more interesting to allow drafters to play that version but in another position.

For instance, I reckon false 9 Messi would be immense in a front 2 alongside Benezema. It is the same version of Messi, just in a different position.

Skizzo

I think I suggested this before, but maybe not. They’ve done football manager fantasy sims and such and I was thinking of doing a FIFA 23 sim tournament. Would require little work in terms of setup, I could edit the teams/formations etc for everyone. It would be based off the database, so current seasons ratings etc, but if people wanted to also include legends and such we could do that too.

people could set up their formations, style, etc etc and I can sim things over a season or a knockout tournament.

Šjor Bepo

I think I suggested this before, but maybe not. They’ve done football manager fantasy sims and such and I was thinking of doing a FIFA 23 sim tournament. Would require little work in terms of setup, I could edit the teams/formations etc for everyone. It would be based off the database, so current seasons ratings etc, but if people wanted to also include legends and such we could do that too.

people could set up their formations, style, etc etc and I can sim things over a season or a knockout tournament.
do it, zero effort required apart from you so we can run that next to a normal draft

Skizzo

do it, zero effort required apart from you so we can run that next to a normal draft
Yeah that’s what I figured. I can run it in the background and update as I get the chance. We’d need good numbers and participation for the drafting portion, not sure if there’s a ton of interest for it it not though.