Next Draft - Ideas and Discussions

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
We have done those before and could be done again. Another option is something like a Bundesliga and English First Division draft where the peaks are taken from their performance in their chosen league (you could have double drafting where the Bundesliga players are drafted separately from the English First division ones). You could mix La Liga, Ligue 1, Serie A, Eredivisie.

My current preference is the Innovative Tactics Draft - each drafter must have a formation/tactic that is unusual in some way. Either have this as an all-time unrestricted draft or as a Peaches and GOAT style draft to keep as much flexibility with picking players as possible.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
how about a goalscoring chain(preferably one big chain, alternative is everyone has their own)....you must pick a player that scored against the previous pick, gk pick would be used like a joker pick and can be used anytime.

Šjor Bepo

Thought of something that might be cool(maybe a bit difficult to execute), there will be 16 managers with 11 player squads - thats 176 players in total.
Lets say we half that number by allowing 2 players per club/country so we would need 88 clubs and countries.

So lets say physio and zlatan have first pick and with their two picks they go Cristiano and Di Stefano from Madrid, no other manager can pick a player with peak at Real Madrid. So if skizzo wants Modric he can only choose Spurs or Dinamo or Croatia version.
Also, when you pick Cristiano Real you dont lose your Portugal, also, there cant be more then one version of a player in the draft so you cant pick Ronaldo United after Madrid version was picked,

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
how about a goalscoring chain(preferably one big chain, alternative is everyone has their own)....you must pick a player that scored against the previous pick, gk pick would be used like a joker pick and can be used anytime.
That sounds good. Prefer the big chain as I fancy something nice and random with not much scope for pre-planning.

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
Thought of something that might be cool(maybe a bit difficult to execute), there will be 16 managers with 11 player squads - thats 176 players in total.
Lets say we half that number by allowing 2 players per club/country so we would need 88 clubs and countries.

So lets say physio and zlatan have first pick and with their two picks they go Cristiano and Di Stefano from Madrid, no other manager can pick a player with peak at Real Madrid. So if skizzo wants Modric he can only choose Spurs or Dinamo or Croatia version.
Also, when you pick Cristiano Real you dont lose your Portugal, also, there cant be more then one version of a player in the draft so you cant pick Ronaldo United after Madrid version was picked,
That sounds interesting but far too research heavy for me at the moment.

prolifik

I like the general concept but I think it would be simpler to use clubs only.

Šjor Bepo

Maybe increase the maximum to 3?
yeah maybe, but thought this opens up another pool of potentially new faces as its a international peak so maybe someone like Podolski who was a bit shit at club level but pretty good at international one gets the nod(plenty of other examples, dont want to name them in case we would play)
can increase to 3 per club if thats what most prefer

Šjor Bepo

City of Milan Draft? Lets say 6 or 7 starters that peaked at one of the clubs, rest career peak but must play at some point for either of the clubs.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
So here goes...

Footballers of Catan Draft

Draft Specific Rules:

Pre-selection:

Each Manager has to select
- 4 criteria before the start of the draft, i.e. Manager, Country, Club & Decade.
- Starting position (i.e. A1, B-4 etc)
- Managers will nominate 6 squad players (2 each for defender, 2 for midfielder and 2 for forward) who will be used to if managers hit a dead end. (see below)

Picks:

- You have to pick a player who satisfies all the criteria pertaining to the position.
E.g. If you are in B-4 you have can pick anyone from the Clun you selected.
If you are in C4, you can pick a player who has played for the selected manager, country & club.
If you are in E5, you can pick a player who has played for selected manager, country and team mate of previous player picked (for first pick, team mate won't apply)

Prohibitions:

- You can only move along the lines i.e. if you are in B-4, you can only move to C5 or B3. No cutting the Hexagon.
- You cannot move back to previous picked position back to back. I.e you cannot move from C6 to C5 and then back to C6. Have to move to a different position before returning.
- You cannot move along the edges without having 3 turns interim. E.g. C6 -> C5 -> B-4 is prohibited. After C5 you have to move inside for 2 more turns before returning to a Edge slot.

Dead Ends:

- If a manager hits a dead end, i.e. cannot find a pick that qualifies the criteria, then draft mod will nominate a squad player in random to fil the squad. In later stages (after R7 in a position as requested by manager) to move things along. Player will be chosen from Squad Pool or by discretion of draft mod.

Michaelf7777777

(∪。∪)。。。zzz
So here goes...

Footballers of Catan Draft

Draft Specific Rules:

Pre-selection:

Each Manager has to select
- 4 criteria before the start of the draft, i.e. Manager, Country, Club & Decade.
- Starting position (i.e. A1, B-4 etc)
- Managers will nominate 6 squad players (2 each for defender, 2 for midfielder and 2 for forward) who will be used to if managers hit a dead end. (see below)

Picks:

- You have to pick a player who satisfies all the criteria pertaining to the position.
E.g. If you are in B-4 you have can pick anyone from the Clun you selected.
If you are in C4, you can pick a player who has played for the selected manager, country & club.
If you are in E5, you can pick a player who has played for selected manager, country and team mate of previous player picked (for first pick, team mate won't apply)

Prohibitions:

- You can only move along the lines i.e. if you are in B-4, you can only move to C5 or B3. No cutting the Hexagon.
- You cannot move back to previous picked position back to back. I.e you cannot move from C6 to C5 and then back to C6. Have to move to a different position before returning.
- You cannot move along the edges without having 3 turns interim. E.g. C6 -> C5 -> B-4 is prohibited. After C5 you have to move inside for 2 more turns before returning to a Edge slot.

Dead Ends:

- If a manager hits a dead end, i.e. cannot find a pick that qualifies the criteria, then draft mod will nominate a squad player in random to fil the squad. In later stages (after R7 in a position as requested by manager) to move things along. Player will be chosen from Squad Pool or by discretion of draft mod.
In

Šjor Bepo

cmon lets do something, need a distraction from united turds

Pat_Mustard

How's about a boring old all-time no restrictions draft just to get something going? Main downside of them is it's near impossible to vote in them as the teams are too strong, but the matches are a bit of an afterthought these days anyway.

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
How's about a boring old all-time no restrictions draft just to get something going? Main downside of them is it's near impossible to vote in them as the teams are too strong, but the matches are a bit of an afterthought these days anyway.
How about combining all-time unrestricted draft with the innovative tactics draft. Voting should proceed on whether the tactics are sufficiently innovative and then whether they would beat the opponent like normal.

Šjor Bepo

How about combining all-time unrestricted draft with the innovative tactics draft. Voting should proceed on whether the tactics are sufficiently innovative and then whether they would beat the opponent like normal.
you really pushing the innovative thong :lol:
even cruyff and pep would struggle to make 5 innovative things let alone 16

prolifik

I would vote for something that's simple but requires some amount of research. Manager draft or Milan draft would be fine with me.

Not a huge fan of unrestricted all-time drafts at this point.

Pat_Mustard

I think I lack the imagination or intelligence to come up with something genuinely innovative tbh.

Pat_Mustard

I would vote for something that's simple but requires some amount of research. Manager draft or Milan draft would be fine with me.

Not a huge fan of unrestricted all-time drafts at this point.
How about a Manager Draft where we all nominate one manager but they're allocated at random? Something different, and it might keep the managers with the absolutely ridiculous pools like Pep and Trap out of play.

Šjor Bepo

How about a Manager Draft where we all nominate one manager but they're allocated at random? Something different, and it might keep the managers with the absolutely ridiculous pools like Pep and Trap out of play.
had something like that in mind