Next Draft - Ideas and Discussions

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
How about a Manager Draft where we all nominate one manager but they're allocated at random? Something different, and it might keep the managers with the absolutely ridiculous pools like Pep and Trap out of play.
Would you have to keep the same playing style or would it just be a pool restriction?

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
Would you have to keep the same playing style or would it just be a pool restriction?
I think just a pool restriction. I've always felt that we're fairly shite at actually abiding by anything out of the ordinary with voting guidelines.

Another idea in a similar vein is for everyone to nominate a club (or even two clubs) and a country and they're allocated at random. So Manager A could end up with say Utd, Marseille and Netherlands, Manager B could end up with Real Madrid, Dortmund and Portugal. I'd be in favour of career peak rather than club peak to increase competition - for instance Utd Manager could feck over Bayern manager by picking Schweinsteiger.

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
Either way I might post a set of options later and first to reach a certain number of sign ups we roll with?

I'm getting increasingly forlorn coming onto the Caf multiple times a day to remember that the only hot topics are the likes of Sancho and Antony :(. Need some distraction.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
I think just a pool restriction. I've always felt that we're fairly shite at actually abiding by anything out of the ordinary with voting guidelines.

Another idea in a similar vein is for everyone to nominate a club (or even two clubs) and a country and they're allocated at random. So Manager A could end up with say Utd, Marseille and Netherlands, Manager B could end up with Real Madrid, Dortmund and Portugal. I'd be in favour of career peak rather than club peak to increase competition - for instance Utd Manager could feck over Bayern manager by picking Schweinsteiger.
manager and club at random would be ace

Michaelf7777777

(∪。∪)。。。zzz
Idea: Word tennis Draft

The last word in each player's name (e.g. Stefano for Alfredo Di Stefano) has to start with the same letter as the last letter of the previous player you selected (based on Wikipedia name excluding disambiguation's such as Brazilian Footballer)

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
Another idea:

A Northern Europe draft to be followed by a Southern European draft.

We have had an Eastern Bloc draft so I think the division of North and South makes sense.

Northern Europe: Iceland, Scotland, England, Wales, Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Luxembourg, Belgium, Holland, Germany, Austria, Switzerland,

Southern Europe: Spain, France, Portugal, Italy, Malta, Cyprus, Greece

For the Northern Draft I was thinking of a restriction of 7 players from England, Germany and Holland.

Not sure if Best should act as a restricted player too due to his draft pull.

The Southern Europe draft would have no restrictions as pretty much anyone outside Italy, Spain, Portugal and Spain would be a sheep.

Also if we did this back to back we could have a grand final of Northern vs Southern Europe.

Šjor Bepo

Another idea:

A Northern Europe draft to be followed by a Southern European draft.

We have had an Eastern Bloc draft so I think the division of North and South makes sense.

Northern Europe: Iceland, Scotland, England, Wales, Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Luxembourg, Belgium, Holland, Germany, Austria, Switzerland,

Southern Europe: Spain, France, Portugal, Italy, Malta, Cyprus, Greece

For the Northern Draft I was thinking of a restriction of 7 players from England, Germany and Holland.

Not sure if Best should act as a restricted player too due to his draft pull.

The Southern Europe draft would have no restrictions as pretty much anyone outside Italy, Spain, Portugal and Spain would be a sheep.

Also if we did this back to back we could have a grand final of Northern vs Southern Europe.
do it in a one draft: north vs south

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
do it in a one draft: north vs south
That's not a bad idea although we would need loads of blocks as 8 drafters for Northern or Southern Europe isn't much, unless you are thinking of a double draft where we simultaneously draft both a southern and northern European side.

Šjor Bepo

That's not a bad idea although we would need loads of blocks as 8 drafters for Northern or Southern Europe isn't much, unless you are thinking of a double draft where we simultaneously draft both a southern and northern European side.
give the muppets what they want, free draft

Šjor Bepo

Would people be up for a Risk draft? Will need plenty of time to sort it out and even think how it could work but if there is interest i will do it as board game drafts are the best IMO

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Would people be up for a Risk draft? Will need plenty of time to sort it out and even think how it could work but if there is interest i will do it as board game drafts are the best IMO

Yeah definitely I prefer the board game drafts over the simple ones nowadays.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Last board game (and previous ones) was extremely fun. But it did take plenty of effort to manage them.

Šjor Bepo

easier oion would be a monopoly one but the one where you can buy teritories....so for example you stand on teritory manchester united, you must pick a player from united but if you previously own that spot you dont pick but you block 2 players from united, if somehow you have 2 terotories from 2 same colors you block 4 players etc.

coloros would be leagues based, airport spots most likely continent based, think there are those 2 where you have a plumber and something else, those would be @Physiocrat based spots

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
This has been suggested before but I think I may have been against in the past, we could do Utd draft. Anyone who has ever played for Manchester Utd although we could make it career peak, rather than just Utd, so that we can increase the quality of the pool.

Šjor Bepo

This has been suggested before but I think I may have been against in the past, we could do Utd draft. Anyone who has ever played for Manchester Utd although we could make it career peak, rather than just Utd, so that we can increase the quality of the pool.
in and @Fortitude is in