Next Man Utd Manager Expected To Be Jose Mourinho Or David Moyes

Diablodave

The eye gouging, referee waiting and riotous behaviour is only something you'd get off with in Spain. Mourinho wasn't half as bad at Chelsea, Porto or even Italy where he only got backing when he won the champs league. I don't see the concern

Jimy_Hills_Chin

Desperately wants to be ITK
Well, ladies & gents, I was wondering if people still want José to succeed Sir Alex. Me, I'm not overly impressed with someone who waits for a referee in the car park after a game, and says the following:

"Go on, amateur, now you've f*cked over serious professionals," and "You're going to smoke a cigar and laugh, you bastard."

We might expect such behaviour from hot-headed fans, but - please - not the manager of Manchester United...
LOL. You think that SAF has never verbally abused a referee. Sir Alex is a hard hard man, ruthless even. It is part of the makeup of many high achieving people. My only concern about Jose is that we will play boring football. I was 50/50 about him being the next United manager before this shocking 'revelation' and I still am after it.

Bryan_Munich

Aka RichieRich12
The primary reason for getting Mourinho is that he wants to come back to the Prem and will improve any of our rivals if he goes to them. He'd be deadly at City and turn Liverpool into contenders. We can't be having that.
The primary reason must be that Fergie and the United board deem him to be the best man for the job.

Not because he wants to come back to Premier League or that he would improve any of our rivals.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
As Lynk wrote earlier, SAF is no saint but, come on, José is in a league of his own when it comes to controversy.

Kinky Melinky

I'm thinking United are going to go for a passionate, but somewhat level headed manager. I just can't see Mourinho fit the bill to be honest. I wonder would Choccy ever step up to it ?

What you reckon folks ?

Jimy_Hills_Chin

As Lynk wrote earlier, SAF is no saint but, come on, José is in a league of his own when it comes to controversy.
I think that Jose is prone to the kind of public displays of petulance that SAF would never ever be involved in. That said, a lot of non United fans have the same kind of distaste for SAF that some on here hold for Jose, it all depends on what side of the fence you sit on. You can view Jose's antics as pathetic and undignified or theatrical and entertaining.

Jimy_Hills_Chin

I'm thinking United are going to go for a passionate, but somewhat level headed manager. I just can't see Mourinho fit the bill to be honest. I wonder would Choccy ever step up to it ?

What you reckon folks ?
I kind of agree. I wouldn't mind seeing Ole being given a chance. I also rate Martin O'Neil very highly as I think that he gets his players playing at their 'top level'. I highly doubt that McClair will 'step up', in fact I would bet my house that he won't.

That said. I still think that Jose will be very near the top of the short list for the job. If he was the boss of United, I personally think that our footballing culture would demand that he acts in a more dignified maner. His antics at Madrid only reflect the theatrical nature of the players and the hanky waving fans.

SteveJ

Scout
I suspect our owners will go for a safe option - a person who won't, for example, speak out publicly if no new striker is forthcoming during a transfer window. This is partially why Benitez is unemployed at present - no owner or chairman wants a manager who'll take them on in public.

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
Mourinho is a champion, the only thing he lacks for me is a nice style of football. However I think at current the managers who are renowned for that are not in Mourinho's league when it comes to being a champion. I'd be well happy if he was our new manager, although I don't see him turning us into a team that plays the kind of football Arsenal & now City play which is ultimately what I want to see at United, but of all the managers that could do that there is just too big a risk in my view, Mourinho would pose less of a risk but also less chance of that style of football.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Mourinho is a champion, the only thing he lacks for me is a nice style of football. However I think at current the managers who are renowned for that are not in Mourinho's league when it comes to being a champion. I'd be well happy if he was our new manager, although I don't see him turning us into a team that plays the kind of football Arsenal & now City play which is ultimately what I want to see at United, but of all the managers that could do that there is just too big a risk in my view, Mourinho would pose less of a risk but also less chance of that style of football.
It all comes down to what you want from United, if trophies and titles are the be all and end all then Jose is the man, if the image, history and dignity of the club are the things you cling to then build a bonfire and put Jose on the top.

Me? I say burn the twat.

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
It all comes down to what you want from United, if trophies and titles are the be all and end all then Jose is the man, if the image, history and dignity of the club are the things you cling to then build a bonfire and put Jose on the top.

Me? I say burn the twat.
Come on, Jose is not as bad a guy as people here like to think. It's a gross exaggeration in my opinion.

Varun

Staff
I see people are ignoring the football Real Madrid have been playing this season and last.
The reservations people have is because of his off field antics mate. On the pitch, he's dispelled all doubts about the quality of football his side play.

gulli_G

looks like mourinhio is preparing his exit, just in case he wins la liga and hopefully the CL, and then leaves, if Madrid sack him they pay him £20m, if he quits, he pays them £20m, so looks like he's covering his bases.

I really think fergie saying three years is a smoke screen, as he doesn't want the debacle that was last time, and will probably leave next year or the year after.

if he does, its most likely that its mourinhio (fergie recently told Guardiola not leave barca - a subtle way of saying that he would not be the number one if fergie quit) this could explain schnieder's sudden u-turn aswell, saying he could be transferred in a matter of hours even on deadline day.

BaldwinLegend

But what about Dour David? Or is no one interested in him anymore (Baldwin Legend aside) ?
Why is he 'dour'?

Is it him or the budget he's had to work with at Everton?

Do you think he'd be equally 'dour' at Barcelona, Madrid, Spurs or United?

Do you think Guardiola would be playing sexy football at a club that hasn't been able to buy a single player in about 2 years?

What do you think Ferguson would have done differently that would have been so much more exciting if he'd been at Everton the last couple of years?

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Do you trust his judgement more than your own?
Well, to be fair, yes, I mean, cmon, I once thought Eric Nevland would go on to be the clubs record goalscorer, doesnt change the fact jose is a grade a cock munching assclown who should never be allowed near the managers job at OT

kietotheworld

What do you think Ferguson would have done differently that would have been so much more exciting if he'd been at Everton the last couple of years?
Quit.
Well, to be fair, yes, I mean, cmon, I once thought Eric Nevland would go on to be the clubs record goalscorer, doesnt change the fact jose is a grade a cock munching assclown who should never be allowed near the managers job at OT
Even if he's Ferguson's choice?

Raoul

Admin
Staff
looks like mourinhio is preparing his exit, just in case he wins la liga and hopefully the CL, and then leaves, if Madrid sack him they pay him £20m, if he quits, he pays them £20m, so looks like he's covering his bases.

I really think fergie saying three years is a smoke screen, as he doesn't want the debacle that was last time, and will probably leave next year or the year after.

if he does, its most likely that its mourinhio (fergie recently told Guardiola not leave barca - a subtle way of saying that he would not be the number one if fergie quit) this could explain schnieder's sudden u-turn aswell, saying he could be transferred in a matter of hours even on deadline day.
Sadly, i fear you may be right.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout

I see where you're coming from, however what makes me think that he will continue is that he still seems to have the desire for the game. Until that goes, I don't think he'll want to retire.

Badunk

Shares his caf joinday with Dante
I think Fergie is 100% telling the truth when he says he wants three more years at least. That guy will stay here til they carry him out.

Nathan

When Mourinho arrived at Chelse i remember Sir Alex saying that he is colourful character and just what the game needs. I remember when he was at Porto and they beat us in the Champions League and he ran down the touchline when they scored, it was interesting.

Having said that he is a damn good coach and if he was available then he should come and work under Sir Alex at Manchester United and then serve some sort of apprenticeship and get to take over from Sir Alex in 2014.

steeeb

When Mourinho arrived at Chelse i remember Sir Alex saying that he is colourful character and just what the game needs. I remember when he was at Porto and they beat us in the Champions League and he ran down the touchline when they scored, it was interesting.

Having said that he is a damn good coach and if he was available then he should come and work under Sir Alex at Manchester United and then serve some sort of apprenticeship and get to take over from Sir Alex in 2014.
But he'd get a job at pretty much any job in the world - don't think he'd be happy being a number 2. They both have massive personalities anyway - and have totally different styles. It wouldn't be possible.

kietotheworld

The idea of Mourinho taking a year out of his career, or even two years, is absurd, you need to get it out of your heads. Mourinho might want the job, but he doesn't want it that fecking much, I can't think of any examples of a manager giving up his job and spending a spell of the assistant on the promise of a future managerial position, much less a manager rated as the best in the world, in charge of the biggest club in the world. Appointing him would also be a tremendous drain on resources, to have him working alongside Ferguson, as his salary will be higher than most top players, the planet you guys live on you will probably be expecting him to work for free though.

Apart from the concerns over actually getting him and convincing him that 2 years as a coach is best for his career, there's also the fact that while Ferguson might still officially be the manager, appointing his successor as an Assistant would mean that Ferguson loses an awful lot of power and control, two things Roy Keane has said he is obsessive over. Mourinho might have the title of Assistant, but as far as the players are concerned, it is him who would be deciding their long term future at the club, him who they would prefer to work for. Could you see that going smoothly? I couldn't. It would also require putting a guaranteed retirement date on Ferguson, which is something that he's consistently said he won't do for nearly 10 years now.

K Stand Knut

:houllier::houllier::houllier:

Hhahahha, Mourinho as an Assistant? Genius idea!! I can just imagine Mourinho and his agent chomping at the bit to get a number 2 job behind one of the most obsessive managers around.

Anyone who thinks that this is a realistic option needs to wake up and smell the coffee. It's a fecking ridiculous idea

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
I agree that Mourinho as an assistant is ridiculous.

We should sign him and loan him out to another Premier League club so he gets experience in the league.

Varun

Staff
He'l never be an assistant and rightly so. dont see him staying at real for 3yrs either though so its anybody's guess where he'l be then..

SteveJ

Scout
SAF's probably trolling us, and it'll likely be Warren Joyce. ;)

Jase

I fancy Mourinho to leave Real Madrid in the summer, replace Capello as the England manager and take England to the 2014 World Cup (while entertaining the English media for two years and then probably topping it off with a gold medal...), before replacing Sir Alex as the manager of Manchester United.