Next Man Utd Manager Expected To Be Jose Mourinho Or David Moyes

Edmeiste

Like I said, look at the difference between the sort of signings he's made for Inter for for Real. Different brackets, really. Seems like he's doing what the club wants. Inter was always a short term job. They wanted the European Cup and wanted it yesterday. Real, unusually, are actually thinking a couple of steps forward, being a team for a few years. Yes, with Mourinho, who already gave Varane a couple of starts in the league.

So if he comes to a club that thinks long term and wants to give Youth a chance, it'll happen.
Fair enough. I never made any types of comments in terms of the football we'd play (re: your last post). My thing is just upholding the values of the club. Maybe I'm being too idealistic with that but it's seemed to stand us in good stead. If Mourinho respects that, then I'm not too opposed. My view is that it's important that the soul of the club is held intact. It creates a common identity throughout the whole club. There are very few clubs around like that and it's one thing that I think that has made Manchester United an attractive brand along with the success as well. Once we lose that, then what exactly are we?

SittingBull

That's great and all, but what is Sergio Canales u
At United, we strive for perfection, and if we fai
I hope the board gives serious consideration to Jurgen Klopp. I think the club can grow while maintaining its traditional values with him. Superb manager, plays great football and always have faith on youth. Not sure if its a good thing but his footballing philosophies reminds me a lot of Wenger.

I'm always right

Imagine the boring football we'd play if Mourinho was boss :)

Aside frommthat tongue in cheek comment, I actually wonder why Joachim
Löw doesn't get more of a mention?

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Well, ladies & gents, I was wondering if people still want José to succeed Sir Alex. Me, I'm not overly impressed with someone who waits for a referee in the car park after a game, and says the following:

"Go on, amateur, now you've f*cked over serious professionals," and "You're going to smoke a cigar and laugh, you bastard."

We might expect such behaviour from hot-headed fans, but - please - not the manager of Manchester United...

De Selby

Scottish
Supports
Guangzhou Pharmaceutical F.C.
I'd have serious reservations about Mourinho taking over, too. His talent is unquestionable, but some of his antics go beyond the pale.

Seems we'll have another 3 years of Fergie anyway, so no need to fret over replacements just yet. Sure if all else fails, Rafa'll still be available in 2015.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Well, ladies & gents, I was wondering if people still want José to succeed Sir Alex. Me, I'm not overly impressed with someone who waits for a referee in the car park after a game, and says the following:

"Go on, amateur, now you've f*cked over serious professionals," and "You're going to smoke a cigar and laugh, you bastard."

We might expect such behaviour from hot-headed fans, but - please - not the manager of Manchester United...
I don't want him but not because of what you said. You have what, papers saying that. Believe what you will in the papers. That's really what people do anyways. They spew shit everywhere and people hear what they want to hear.

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
Fergie is no saint ffs, I would love Jose as our manager providing he wanted to stay long term.

SteveJ

Scout
I don't want him but not because of what you said. You have what, papers saying that. Believe what you will in the papers. That's really what people do anyways. They spew shit everywhere and people hear what they want to hear.

Nah, his own spokesman (Eladio Paramés) confirmed it, mate.

José Mourinho waits for the chance to give SteveJ a kicking

Claymore

Have you actually seen some of the comments from Ferguson about referee's during a TV interview? Last season he was banned for saying one is too out of shape to referee the game so god knows what he's said to them in person when the cameras are switched off. We all know SAF likes a swear word or two at people and just because he didn't wait in a car park for them doesn't mean its any different.

I find it funny at times. :D

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Nah, his own spokesman (Eladio Paramés) confirmed it, mate.
Yes. That's why it's all over the football news sites with no problem to find that said comment. Or perhaps this picture is from a pro-Barcelona paper and I've yet to see a single comment that's not originated from that paper?

Scrumpet

There are no words
I know one thing for certain, I do not want our next manager to be sat in the dug out at OT wearing a bloody body warmer!

SteveJ

Scout
Marca are obviously anti Portuguese right now.
Yeah, good point. There seems to be a subtle (and not-so-subtle) campaign to drive Mourinho & co out.

Varun

Staff
Some time back, i was strongly in favor of having him replace Sir Alex. Not anymore though. Far too much goes on with him at the helm and we could do without all the negativity. Fantastic manager though. No doubt about that. Wouldnt mind having him but would love someone like Guardiola. Very good manager but a decent person to go with it.

reddevilcanada

hiding in laundry baskets, ambushing refs in parking lots, this guy is something else. Heck, he could even be a caftard!

Red For Ever

I don't want this arse anywhere near OT has manager , I dont care how many thing he has won , I cant stand him.
Never a fan, didn't like the style of football he adopted for much of his time at Chelsea ( but it did win trophies I guess, or was that the money spent on good players ) I did however quite enjoy listening to him at times.

Not sure he would a long term appointment, he doesn't seem to stay anywhere for that long, but these days not many do, SAF, Wenger and a few others are the exception.

Overall, don't want him, not sure who else to choose.

But what do I know, I remember muttering that 1.1 million was a waste of money for a certain French man many years ago, in my view he turned into one of the most important players we have had in my 48 years of supporting United.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
I think he would split the Utd support right down the middle.

A couple of years ago he was easily my personal first choice. But he really has gone down in my estimation.

Yes Fergie can be a abit of a cnut. But everything stays in the club. Mourinho turns a club into a circus and would bring nothing but controversy. I would actually take Moyes or O’Neill over him now in a shot

Raoul

Admin
Staff
His CV of winning CLs and league trophies in multiple leagues is really unmatched. His eccentricities are a concern though. He doesn't seem to have the ability to remain stable in the face of controversy, and the media - sensing this, are always going to zero in and exploit that.

Julian Denny

His CV of winning CLs and league trophies in multiple leagues is really unmatched. His eccentricities are a concern though. He doesn't seem to have the ability to remain stable in the face of controversy, and the media - sensing this, are always going to zero in and exploit that.
Yes but it seems we can't have everything. I think Fergie himself would back his appointment. I can't think of any alternative in Britain who would have the personality and proven track record at the top level to take over what would be the biggest job in football - certainly in the context of having to take over from Fergie which some might rightly consider unenviable.

Kraftwerker

Formerly RedAddict
He needs to grow up a bit.

You could sort of excuse it when he was first on the scene as he was a bit young and inexperienced.

He's still young in manager terms but old enough and experienced enough to know the proper way to behave.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
He needs to grow up a bit.

You could sort of excuse it when he was first on the scene as he was a bit young and inexperienced.

He's still young in manager terms but old enough and experienced enough to know the proper way to behave.
The jobs that he has already had means he can not really be more experienced to be fair.

I dont think he will ever change

Julian Denny

The jobs that he has already had means he can not really be more experienced to be fair.

I dont think he will ever change
I think he might do given its United and that he's taking over from Fergie. I know the Inter and Real jobs are not exactly minor ones but this one could be the ultimate given what's gone before. He's not a fool by any means and he'd want to take his success and image to a new level.

Sylar

Of course things will change in a few years. I remember a few years ago Hiddink and Ancelotti being discussed, or AVB or before that Jose being a certainty. Even remember Blanc being a fav before Ole came on the scene as a manager.

Right now, Ole, Pep, Jose in that order for me.

Crustanoid

Hopefully Guardiola gets bored of winning everything continuously with Barca, and decides to win everything continuously with us instead. I still don't want Mourinho as next United manager

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Fergie won't leave while things are tough, he will want his replacement to be the best...I would be happy with Jose but i would love to see Ole get the opportunity...I think he would need to have some proper English management experience first though, bot just reserves

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Yes but it seems we can't have everything. I think Fergie himself would back his appointment. I can't think of any alternative in Britain who would have the personality and proven track record at the top level to take over what would be the biggest job in football - certainly in the context of having to take over from Fergie which some might rightly consider unenviable.
Strangely, so do I. That's a big IF though. Naturally, whoever SAF supports will have a tremendous advantage over the others.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Dont want, have never wanted and will never want. The man is a complete and utter twat bastard of the highest order, he is like the living embodyment of Chelsea in one person, arrogant, bitter, paranoid, deluded with a really undeserved sense of entitlement.

Perfectly suited to either Barca or Real

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I really hope it never happens.Never mind the alleged car parking story, we all know for a fact that he went as gouging the eye of an opponent's assistant out of anger.Unacceptable behavior from a coach, no matter how good he is

Unam333

I hope he won't become our next manager and I said that already a few years ago. He will destroy our club's reputation with his words and behaviour.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
The primary reason for getting Mourinho is that he wants to come back to the Prem and will improve any of our rivals if he goes to them. He'd be deadly at City and turn Liverpool into contenders. We can't be having that.