Next Next Chelsea Manager? | Ah sh*t here we go again | Premier League and McDonald's Hall of Famer Lampard in charge (temporarily?)

redcucumber

Tuchel to Lampard is obviously very funny but I do think this sort of makes sense, in a weird way. It gives Enrique/Nagelsmann a clean slate and you'd imagine Lampard will command the respect of the players much quicker than any interim could.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Hopefully they get him. Then we can all have a good old chuckle when they get a new manager bounce, give him the job and watch him quickly bomb (again).

justsomebloke

Tuchel to Lampard is obviously very funny but I do think this sort of makes sense, in a weird way. It gives Enrique/Nagelsmann a clean slate and you'd imagine Lampard will command the respect of the players much quicker than any interim could.
Sorry, but why would he command the respect of the players, some of whom have already lived through his failure cycle once? Because of all he achieved at Everton?

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
:lol: It’s quite funny how loads of our managers have failed/done an alright job and then moved to an arguably more prestigious one. Martinez got the Belgium job, Koeman got the Netherlands and the Barca job, Ancelotti to Madrid (I’m being very harsh here), Lampard to Chelsea again.

I like Lampard but a lot of what has come out after he’s left has surprised me in terms of his management. I can’t imagine he would do much better than Potter.

TheReligion

Abusive
Sorry, but why would he command the respect of the players, some of whom have already lived through his failure cycle once? Because of all he achieved at Everton?
Yeah I’m not sure about that either.

Everton players have suggested Dyche is more disciplined than Frank and he was more of a friend.

Not sure that’s what this bloated Chelsea squad needs, especially given the shit that was allegedly being said behind Potters back.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Last 8 of CL with a billion worth of squad and you give the job to... Frank Lampard again. Enzo and company must be delighted. Especially considering they won't have any CL in the near future.

redcucumber

Yeah I’m not sure about that either.

Everton players have suggested Dyche is more disciplined than Frank and he was more of a friend.

Not sure that’s what this bloated Chelsea squad needs, especially given the shit that was allegedly being said behind Potters back.
They aren't signing him up to a 5 year deal. It's 2 months of football for a season that is effectively a write off, with a free hit at Madrid. What other move could they have made at this point?

Gazza

Last 8 of CL with a billion worth of squad and you give the job to... Frank Lampard again. Enzo and company must be delighted. Especially considering they won't have any CL in the near future.
TBF if there is any club with a history of unfancied interim managers leading to CL success, it is Chelsea

justsomebloke

They aren't signing him up to a 5 year deal. It's 2 months of football for a season that is effectively a write off, with a free hit at Madrid. What other move could they have made at this point?
Someone who hasn't already proved he's not really competent leading Chelsea? Someone who can organise a back four? Even if it's just for two months?

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Why would anything at Everton matter to this Chelsea squad?

He remains likeable and respected by most of their players (Jorginho was the exception and he's been bounced). He knows the setup of the club. Plus he (collective Caf amnesia) actually had a good season and some with Chelsea so he is able to produce if everything lines up.

Plus he's only an interim until the end of the season.

redcucumber

Seriously? You think Frank Lampard is pretty much the only option available?
Do you think there's a plethora of available caretaker managers that are clamouring for 2 months at a completely out of control Chelsea? Why do you think we ended up with Rangnick? The options are usually bottom of the barrel.

cyberman

My two managers after Potter prediction could still come true! Legend and all included

Dazzmondo

Frank's back... what are odds on Chelsea to get relegated out of interest?

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Another one for the ‘one normal day following Chelsea is all I ask’ scrapbook.

Mick1991

Will be a strange feeling for Chelsea fans, wanting him to do well but not so well that he actually gets the job permanently.

Acole9

Outstanding
Lampard going back to Chelsea :lol: Someone must be on a wind up.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Embarrassing for Frank to take a job for a few months

DavidDeSchmikes

Lampard does well at Chelsea, Chelsea sign him permantely, miss out on Luis Enrique and Naglesmann, Chelsea fire Lampard 14 games into next season

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Lampard?? Why?? Don't they ever learn? I'll never get why Solskjaer gets so much stick, while clowns like this get gig after gig. Doesn't make any sense.
The fact Ole hasn’t taken a job since can only mean he’s turned stuff down - surely, you’d think he’s had offers. He took us to third, second and a Europa league final, yet hasn’t been heard from since while Frank Lampard is walking into PL jobs without trying.

Scottynaldinho

That's their Ole moment. I hope they go on a run and extend his contract.

I don't want Enrique to be in the PL.

red.knight

Chelsea new owners are already on their 3rd manager, that manager is Lampard. Sacked by Chelsea, sacked by Everton but Chelsea let him back? They also now have to find a manager that fits into the philosophy all their new players were brought under right?? As I said, the new Chelsea owners have more money than sense.

adexkola

Supports
Lampard does well at Chelsea, Chelsea sign him permantely, miss out on Luis Enrique and Naglesmann, Chelsea fire Lampard 14 games into next season
Short of them winning the CL with Lampard he'll be moved on end of the season with many thanks.

And if you guaranteed Chelsea a CL this season in exchange for signing Lampard to a full time contract after the trophy was won, they'd bite your hand off. There are more managers than Enrique/Nagelsmann

wr8_utd

:'(
Love how Romano had no clue about this appointment and kept tweeting about Enrique and Naggelsman and 3 minutes after Ornstein posts about Lampard, he suddenly decides he knew about Lampard as well. :lol:

red.knight

Love how Romano had no clue about this appointment and kept tweeting about Enrique and Naggelsman and 3 minutes after Ornstein posts about Lampard, he suddenly decides he knew about Lampard as well. :lol:
Fabrizio Romano is the most trusted transfer news pundit in the football industry. There is a reason he has nearly 15m followers.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
The fact Ole hasn’t taken a job since can only mean he’s turned stuff down - surely, you’d think he’s had offers. He took us to third, second and a Europa league final, yet hasn’t been heard from since while Frank Lampard is walking into PL jobs without trying.
My point exactly.

adexkola

Supports
That has been obvious from the beginning. He didn't do as bad of a job as the Caf would have you believe. Also, there are no club chairman on the Caf. Obviously he'd be managing today if he wanted to. Moyes is the closest analog.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
The CL QF will be a battle between the two ex-Everton managers.