Next Next Chelsea Manager? | Ah sh*t here we go again | Premier League and McDonald's Hall of Famer Lampard in charge (temporarily?)

Andrade

Rebuilding Expert
Who is responsible for this thread title change?!?! Take a bow :lol:

Buckie

Supports
Arsenal
The amount of bile some have for such a bland figure in Lampard is equal parts disturbing and fascinating... And my most solid theory at the moment is that this is carryover grudge from "favorable" treatment he got from the media compared to Ole at the time, which... Why hold it against him? :lol:
Plus, he still contends that he only saw Roman Abramovich and basically did not know him at all!!

Nickholas

Supports
Chelsea
:drool:

Lampard is a fraud of a manager. Everyone knows it except for Chelsea fans.

We need Fat Frank to win a few matches though, like you say. He needs a big 5 year contract.
The Chelsea fans know it as well.. ...we aren't blind

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Think about it. This is the best news ever. I will thoroughly support him as there is every chance Boehly appoints him full time. Then we grab the popcorn.
zero chance.

i mean its pretty clear hes here until end of the season at most.

bringbackbebe

zero chance.

i mean its pretty clear hes here until end of the season at most.
It'll be madness. I think Chelsea's identified their manager who isn't available or is too expensive till the end of the season (for eg, I read somewhere they'd have to pay a fee to Bayern for Nagelsmann if they get him in this year). It's not a bad idea to have an an interim manager balance things out for 10 odd games before a new manager starts off with a clean slate & lower expectations next season.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Hope he smashes it and they give him the job

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
It'll be madness. I think Chelsea's identified their manager who isn't available or is too expensive till the end of the season (for eg, I read somewhere they'd have to pay a fee to Bayern for Nagelsmann if they get him in this year). It's not a bad idea to have an an interim manager balance things out for 10 odd games before a new manager starts off with a clean slate & lower expectations next season.
i think you're right, but there's also talk of 5 being interviewed which in turn is a long process

But id say you are correct in that the new manager has potentially already accepted, but wants to come in from pre season, or the interview process is going to be so exhaustive and long, that an interim is a better idea for the time being.

Bruno didnt want to continue as caretaker manager apparently due to his close relationship with Potter, and only did it tuesday due to the quick turnaround between sacking and match. Same with the rest of the backrooom staff I'd guess. Hence why Ashley Cole, Joe Edwards and Chris Jones are coming back with Lampard.

But there is not a chance, at all, that he gets it permanent

saivet

What value does it bring though? From what I've gathered, he hasn't created a toxic atmosphere in the dressing room and wasn't disliked. To me it makes no sense to sack Potter now to bring in Lampard on an interim basis. Top 4 is out of the picture and I don't think they now have a better chance in the CL under Lampard than Potter.

bringbackbebe

What value does it bring though? From what I've gathered, he hasn't created a toxic atmosphere in the dressing room and wasn't disliked. To me it makes no sense to sack Potter now to bring in Lampard on an interim basis. Top 4 is out of the picture and I don't think they now have a better chance in the CL under Lampard than Potter.
As weird as it may sound, I feel it could be a sense of loyalty from the Chelsea owners to Potter. It doesn't take a lot to see Potter is clueless and once they knew they were going to replace him, they most likely did not want to do it behind his back. Interim manager, or even no manager makes no difference since things aren't going to get much worse...unless their expectation is to win the Champions League (quite sure it's not in their minds)

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
PR move and it has worked. Fans who were almost unanimously anti Potter are now mostly all very happy to have Lampard back for a bit.

Infestissumam

funniest thing is how deep the British media is up his arse. Appointing him is an "unexpected moment of logic", says jJeremy Wilson from The Telegraph. It's "the first sensible thing Chelsea's owners have done", adds Oliver Kay from The Athletic.

all you can do is laugh. He keeps getting these jobs solely because of his name, and the media happily laps it up.

Mike Smalling

This is quite the development. I definitely did not see this coming.

What do people expect in terms of their play and results? They still don't have a striker, so not sure they will suddenly start scoring goals.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
This is quite the development. I definitely did not see this coming.

What do people expect in terms of their play and results? They still don't have a striker, so not sure they will suddenly start scoring goals.
When he was at Chelsea the last time, that first season we scored the 3rd most goals in the league but we conceded the most goals out of any team in the top 10. Year one when there was no real pressure on him because of the transfer ban, he produced a team that played good football and scored a lot of goals. We just had the leakiest defence in the top 10. Year two when the pressure was on after the spending spree, the quality dropped at both ends and we know how that ended.

Mike Smalling

When he was at Chelsea the last time, that first season we scored the 3rd most goals in the league but we conceded the most goals out of any team in the top 10. Year one when there was no real pressure on him because of the transfer ban, he produced a team that played good football and scored a lot of goals. We just had the leakiest defence in the top 10. Year two when the pressure was on after the spending spree, the quality dropped at both ends and we know how that ended.
So you will start drawing 3-3 instead of 0-0?

RuudTom83

Boehly sacked Tuchel for Potter and Lampard :lol:

Thankfully the English media will protect Frank...contrast to how Ole is spoken about in the media, I doubt Lampard or Gerrard can ever finish 3rd and 2nd against Pep/Klopp.

Luffy

Gomu Gomu
Premier League and McDonalds hall of famer, Frank Lampard? If anything, he’s overqualified for the job.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Spent millions to sack Tuchel, spent millions to sack Potter, bringing in the guy they spent millions sacking so they could bring in Tuchel.

I like it when it's other clubs doing stupid things and not us. See also Spurs.
Add to that that after the team looked a mess under Lampard, Tuchel immediately and convincingly won the CL. If it’s such a meaningless appointment then why not just hire someone from the coaching staff or academy coach etc. until the end of the season.
If we had done something like that everyone in the media would go absolutely crazy about our decision making.

The Firestarter

Now that I am back home, let me post my detailed analysis on this development:

:lol: :lol: :lol: