Next PM | #NoMoBoJo | Still hanging around like a bad smell

LARulz

As much as Sunak is a twat how the living feck he isn’t walking this and is miles behind in the polls is just absolutely bizarre. At least he’s competent in his twatishness. He seems like a perfect Tory.
Yep, it's a sad choice between these 2 but Rishi just seems much better if the 2..... not saying much still

Starmer will want Truss I think for the GE more than Rishi

Doracle

Sunak has stopped interrupting as much now. Was clearly a calculated tactic to start like that.

Also, what sort of nut jobs could be angry that Boris has got the boot? He survived many months more than he should have done.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
If Truss wins I think she'll somehow manage to not lead the Tory's into the next GE.

She'll cause a big feck up, or maybe a series of medium-sized feck ups, or both.

Smores

Think Truss will win but it's been a poor introduction to the public from her. Most are only just getting to know her lack of intellect.

Her last line about 'taking more risks' is a poor line from a potential but she can't think on her feet.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Both planning on banning strikes, thought one of them might flip-flop on that as the general public seem to be on the side of the strikers. (Suppose that's a given when multiple sectors are planning strikes)

LARulz

Both planning on banning strikes, thought one of them might flip-flop on that as the general public seem to be on the side of the strikers. (Suppose that's a given when multiple sectors are planning strikes)
They are ultimately talking to 200k people, they couldn't care less what everyone else thinks right now. They basically just want that position and then do whatever

TheReligion

Abusive
It only matters what Conservative party members like/want though really and I’d wager the majority are dead against strikes.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
I doubt the conservative party members who are the only ones with a say in any of this are particularly supportive.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Think Truss will win but it's been a poor introduction to the public from her. Most are only just getting to know her lack of intellect.

Her last line about 'taking more risks' is a poor line from a potential but she can't think on her feet.
Agreed. The only topic where she actually showed a superior understanding of was climate change. She should have pressed harder on that and driven home her more comprehensive take.

jeff_goldblum

Priorities I guess. I imagine it's very difficult to win an internal Conservative election without coming across as a complete loon to normal voters, but right now the immediate need is to win over Tory members.

Jericholyte2

‘Is Brexit to blame for the Dover crisis’ - Both answered no.

There was no follow-up, no scrutiny, to put a mirror to that blatant lie.

This is why we are where we are!

jeff_goldblum

I'd like a moderator of one of these debates to ask the candidates whether they think the process they're taking part in is an acceptable way to choose the leader of an apparently democratic country.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
The little anecdotes as well. Might as well send up two robots.
"I was speaking to my good friend BUS DRIVER and he told me that what the country really needs is for the Conservative Party to continue its great work making NAME OF COUNTRY the envy of PLANET DESIGNATION 7334-B."

Frosty

Logical and sensible but turns women gay

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
DM's shorter headline is 'Liz takes round 1'.

Rishi fails to land a blow in brutal BBC debate: Sunak slams Liz Truss for 'immoral' £40bn tax cut vow as she brands him a 'bean-counter' who would crash the economy - but poll finds Tories thought the Foreign Secretary came out on top

A snap Opinium poll afterwards found 39 per cent of viewers thought Mr Sunak came out on top, but 38 per cent plumped for Ms Truss.

However, critically among Tory voters Ms Truss was seen as having won by a margin of 47 per cent to 38 per cent.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ishi-Sunak-crucial-BBC-TV-debate-TONIGHT.html

hobbers

Truss probably looks as sharp as Marie Curie to your typical Tory member.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
DM's shorter headline is 'Liz takes round 1'.

Rishi fails to land a blow in brutal BBC debate: Sunak slams Liz Truss for 'immoral' £40bn tax cut vow as she brands him a 'bean-counter' who would crash the economy - but poll finds Tories thought the Foreign Secretary came out on top

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ishi-Sunak-crucial-BBC-TV-debate-TONIGHT.html
They’ve been brown-nosing her from the get-go. She could’ve shat herself on stage and cried and they’d call it a power move.

Verified Bird Expert
Scout
It is based on a 2021 blog post he did.

https://www.taxresearch.org.uk/Blog...s-they-are-the-party-of-big-deficit-spending/

Summary:

First, Labour borrows less than the Conservatives. The data shows that.

And second, Labour has always repaid debt more often than the Conservatives and has always repaid more debt, on average.
I'm aware of that, particularly how unfair it has always been that Healey still gets a huge bad press for having to borrow from the IMF without ever saying it was after taking over from the Tories, and without ever saying he quickly paid it back. Par for the course I suppose, Labour have never been good at defending their economic record.

Nonetheless, the post should have mentioned both parties or it looks biased, whether it is or not.

Sunak is right about one thing, Truss will go for a sugar rush followed by interest rate and balance of payments disaster, the Tories just can't resist it every few years, but what he doesn't mention is the great majority of her tax cuts will go to the already wealthy, because the Tories always do that as well.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
The stream for the second debate isnt even working on Youtube. TalkTV what a shitshow

LARulz

Fair play to TalkTV, as much as I hate them because they are a rival, this is a good debate.... or at least better than yesterday

LARulz

Oh oh, something happened. Crash sound as Liz was talking and she looked shocked and walked towards Kate. TalkTV then cut