Next United Manager: Pep Guardiola?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
C'mon Woody make it happen:drool::D

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Would be the obviously outstanding choice when the time comes. Has the track record and a style that you'd think would build on what LVG leaves behind rather than starting from scratch again.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Won't happen - City will ditch Pellegrini before LvG leaves, and Pep will be lured there by the old Barca connection.

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
Can't imagine that he'll manage United with Ferran and Txiki over the road.
If not City then a London club will be next for him IMO.

Reynoldo

If Giggs has Guardiola as a mentor after LVG then he can become manger after Pep leaves :)

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
This is 100% the man we need after Van Gaal.

Especially in terms of playing style, he knows how to do possession football the right way. He's the man to pick up on the foundations layed by LVG and build on them.

Last edited:

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
This is 100% the man we need after Van Gaal.

Especially in terms of playing style, he knows how to do possession football the right way.
I don't want to say he's the only choice, but he's the right choice. If he picks City over United, then more fool him, I guess.

Ringo 07

We need to make a major attempt to get Pep when Van Gaal retires now that Klopp has gone to the Scousers. Ryan Giggs will only get the job if all of our other targets are not available. The competition for top 4 in the premier league these days is too intense to take a punt on a rookie like Giggsy. Before the days of the Sheikh at City then yeah we could have given the job to someone like Giggs to learn from their mistakes along the way with some bad results here and there but these days if you miss out on top 4 then you might not get back in for a very long time. Pep would be ideal if we can get him

Rich_H_1989

lost in a street fight to van gaal
I personally think he'll end up in London or at a City. Purely because those jobs will likely come up first. Chelsea may part ways with Jose this summer and Pep would fit the attractive football that Roman Abramovich wants. Arsenal will eventually cut ties with Wenger though I'm not sure it'll be in the next couple of years. And City will no doubt sack Pellegrini if they don't do well in the Champions League which seems likely again.

All the while as long as LVG gets top 4 his job will be safe for the next season. Then again maybe Pep is happy at Bayern until 2017? Maybe he'll see LVG retiring as his chance at united? And I can't see the board turning that chance down. I know it seems like Giggs is their next appointment but I'm not sure. I think if the right manager is available they'd take him. After all Pep was considered number 1 choice by Fergie but took the Bayern job too early. Why would the board go back on that?

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I think this move is written in the stars tbh, in fact I've fully convinced myself that he will come.

Seveneric

You all better hope to feck Chelsea and City do well(at least well enough to keep Pelligirini and Mourinho at their jobs) and Wenger stays at Arsenal for a few more years till after 2017 then

Trizy

Surely if Pep does come he won't be here long? He loves Barcelona played for them and won everything as a player and a manager yet he still left them.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Surely if Pep does come he won't be here long? He loves Barcelona played for them and won everything as a player and a manager yet he still left them.
SAF is a rarity. I fully expect us to change managers every 4/5 years from now on. We will keep a manager as long as he's successful.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
From what I have seen, Pep is obviously a possession type manager, which would be fine as the transition would be easier from LVG.

Although I know what Pep is about to an extent, how much different is he from LVG?
If the tactics are the same, I can't be assed with this boring football we play week in, week out. Now I know you are gonna tell me he is much more direct while keeping possession, but how much different is he compared to LVG?

I'd love the whole story of Giggs taking over and winning things with us, but I'd much rather take a less risky approach and sign a proven winner

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Surely pep will be getting bored of winning pretty much everything there is to win at Bayern.

As much as a legend Giggs is it would be complete suicide to make him the next manager we could have another Moyes situation then there would be huge problems if he ever needed sacking.

Bring Pep in and keep Giggs as a assistant coach for longer.

Eila

Get this guy next season, just so he can spank Klopp in the PL, too.

Question234

Won't happen - City will ditch Pellegrini before LvG leaves, and Pep will be lured there by the old Barca connection.
Woody should be all over this, we should at least try and make contact for pep. Even if it means cutting LVG's term short by a year.

Bayern only had LVG for a year and half and that was enough. He doesn't need to be here 3 years imo.

Getting suspicious Pep. Barca, Bayern and then Man Utd. Someone likes the profit of LVG's rebuilds.
LVG didn't do much at barca (2nd stint) and bayern. Was let go from both clubs for failing to play attractive football and bumping too many heads.

TakeMeHome

TakeMeHome
Agree with this. His old Barca mates are across the road :( Pellegrini will be gone if City f*ck up the title this season

Lewis.no.9

If Pep ends up at City because they get shot of their current choice before we lose Van Gaal (why Klopp is now at Liverpool etc) then once Van Gaal retires.......we are screwed. Perhaps Carlo Ancelotti?.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Surely pep will be getting bored of winning pretty much everything there is to win at Bayern.

As much as a legend Giggs is it would be complete suicide to make him the next manager we could have another Moyes situation then there would be huge problems if he ever needed sacking.

Bring Pep in and keep Giggs as a assistant coach for longer.
What if Pep doesn't want Giggs around? There's no point united keeping Giggs around so he can learn his trade for any length of time behind van Gaal's deal. Giggs will learn more about his own managerial abilities by going away and managing his own team.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Is he better than Ryan Giggs and Phil Neville as assistant though?

Status
Not open for further replies.