Neymar Jr | PSG | 2017/2018 performances

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
There is some substance to it. MD is like a mouthpiece to this board and Barto, plus Rakitic also said that "He'll hold the door for Neymar to come if it happens". So there's something going on, but I don't think it gonna happen and most of us don't want him back either.
Exactly, which is why these news of Neymar wanting to return are coming out. It's propaganda.

Rakitic said that because he was asked about Neymar returning, of course he was going to say that. Even if it was actually true that he wanted to return, there's no way PSG wold sell him.

Draconifire

Supports
FC Barcelona
Your public pursuit of Veratti got you in the Neymar situation in the first place, PSG will just activate the clauses of Umtiti etc until you you stop trying to turn their players heads.
It just naive to think PSG went for Neymar because of spite. That's not how businesses work, plus they were already linked with Neymar the season before. They can very well activate the clause of Messi if they like, let alone Umtiti, but it's upon the players if they want to.

Exactly, which is why these news of Neymar wanting to return are coming out. It's propaganda.

Rakitic said that because he was asked about Neymar returning, of course he was going to say that. Even if it was actually true that he wanted to return, there's no way PSG wold sell him.
It might be that and I am not dismissing it. But IMO he knows this won't go through, but he's might have something to say when he joins Real Madrid that "hey I tried joining Barca, but they rejected me, so I didn't have any other choice". I am saying this not because of what he thinks about the public perception, but its the friends of his in Barca.

FujiVice

Pele, Rivaldo, Romario, Ronaldo and Ronaldinho all won the world player of the year. To do that he's going to have to be the main man for his club. And it seems to make the most sense that he goes to Real. He can tear that league up, and be their next number 7. Cristiano Ronaldo cant have long left.

RoyH1

Pele, Rivaldo, Romario, Ronaldo and Ronaldinho all won the world player of the year. To do that he's going to have to be the main man for his club. And it seems to make the most sense that he goes to Real. He can tear that league up, and be their next number 7. Cristiano Ronaldo cant have long left.
There's no way that al-Khelaifi can accept Neymar’s leaving and least of all to Real Madrid. PSG is a big PR excercise for the Qatar sheiks and they want to brand it as the biggest club in the world. Letting the world’s number 3 player leave to Madrid will be an abdication of that desire and stamp them as a 2nd tier club, forever in the shadow of the big guns from Spain, Italy and the Premiership.

Khelaifi will throw some more oil wells at Neymar’s dad with the mission to make his son happy. And give his sister a plane or the like. Or build a Sambadrome in a big sports hall outside of Paris and fly half of Rio’s carnival. I expect in some days to read all over the news how Neymar "Is commited to PSG and will build something special". Or the like.

And I wouldn’t be surprised if out of spite Khelaifi tried his luck at unsettling some Madrid players and testing some of their release clauses. Look at how pissed he got when Barsa where sniffing around Verratti.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Why would he even have a chair like that?

Paxi

Obviously it's useful for him in his current state...why wouldn't he have it?
In his current state?? He's got a broken bone in his foot ffs!

He's not got motor neurone disease -- which is what that Chair is for I presume.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
In his current state?? He's got a broken bone in his foot ffs!

He's not got motor neurone disease -- which is what that Chair is for I presume.
It's just a regular wheelchair with an extra thing to keep his foot elevated

Paxi

It's a simple wheelchair, are you seeing something out of the ordinary there?
Yeah my mate is on a wheel chair and it cost him a bomb and it way more simple than that. This one has all sorts. A fecking head rest and all. Are you telling me he needs that for his injury?

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
Best in the world right now
If he shines at the World Cup and wins it for you then sure but he'll never get recognition solely by what he does in France. Much more impressed with what Salah's doing in England than what Neymar's done in France and Salah's arguably been better in the Champions League too.

bebeanderson

If he shines at the World Cup and wins it for you then sure but he'll never get recognition solely by what he does in France. Much more impressed with what Salah's doing in England than what Neymar's done in France and Salah's arguably been better in the Champions League too.
Ney > Salah, bro.

bebeanderson

In general I think so too, but so far this season not really. It's been a waste of a season for Neymar.
It doesn’t help that Neymar only had 1 game that “counted” in people’s eyes. His performance in Ligue 1 is arguably the best ever in that country.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
It doesn’t help that Neymar only had 1 game that “counted” in people’s eyes. His performance in Ligue 1 is arguably the best ever in that country.
1 goal or assist every 45 minutes is beyond great and it is probably the best ever individual season in Ligue 1 but that alone was never going to be enough. Hopefully he shows up at the World Cup, you guys will be my second team after we inevitably go out in the group stages :D

bebeanderson

1 goal or assist every 45 minutes is beyond great and it is probably the best ever individual season in Ligue 1 but that alone was never going to be enough. Hopefully he shows up at the World Cup, you guys will be my second team after we inevitably go out in the group stages :D
I know dude, I was half joking because he’s so hated right now by the interwebs. Messi is #1 right now, but secretly I think Neymar.

eggwithsideburns

Slightly off topic but has anyone seen those mobility shopper scooters that are like just a chair on wheels? Its literally just a someone sat in a office chair but with motorized wheels on it. I see more and more people around town on those style ones these days.

Hansa

Listen, one goal or assist in every 45 minutes in France equals diddly-squat. It's like saying a player who has one goal or assist every 15 minutes in the Faroe Islands league must be the best in the world. He chose himself to make a step down from the very best in the world. No point in sulking about a lack of recognition when he's decided to have 80% of his league games to be complete walkovers due to the quality of his team (and no, it's not in any way comparable to Barcelona's dominance in Spain) I hope he does well in the world cup, but overall, so far, his career is a million miles behind Messi and Ronaldo.

AlwaysRed66

Hopefully, the skanky individual will remain in the outpost known as the French Ligue 1 for the remainder of his career.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Shouldn't believe everything you read online, but I can't help myself but think this Neymar kid might be a bit of a self centered cnut.
It took you this long to figure that out? :p

Hoof the ball