Neymar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mali_Zeus

I just think Ed has this desperation for names on the back of the shirt.
Based on what?
Last year he bought ADM and Falcao and it didn't go through but we were mostly glad about it. This year he hasn't said a thing about marquee signing or something but on the other hand we could do well with a big name up front. Not Neymar of course.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
We're about the only top club in europe daft enough to pursue something like this.
No we're not. We're the only club in Europe the media would link with something like this.

The club can't help that. United have the most fans globally and it's perfect click-bate to make up transfer rumours. Especially on places like Twitter where it's full of tools.

Mali_Zeus

No we're not. We're the only club in Europe the media would link with something like this.

The club can't help that. United have the most fans globally and it's perfect click-bate to make up transfer rumours. Especially on places like Twitter where it's full of tools.
Exactly, media links us with every player under the sun and people take it as a gospel to bash the club. I don't get it.

Hed Zitin

Based on what?
Last year he bought ADM and Falcao and it didn't go through but we were mostly glad about it. This year he hasn't said a thing about marquee signing or something but on the other hand we could do well with a big name up front. Not Neymar of course.
All that talk about getting players away from the Spanish two. It's all image to get bigger sponsors.

Witchking

Why are reputed papers like guardian running with stories about neymar open to joining United. So stupid. A player who has won the league, cup, cl all in one season and was one of the pillars of the team will be ready to join a club which has a very difficult manager, the least chance to win the champions league and who have no even qualified for the group stages yet and aren't really known for the quality of football currently? Just insane journalism.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Hates cold weather, made a mocking video of him shivering time away in England before signing for Barca. 2nd best player at the best team in the world, winning everything in beautiful city, great climate and playing every week.

Oh and he's Brazilian. And our manager LOVES that.

Ed is an idiot.

Mr. Meeseeks

Why are reputed papers like guardian running with stories about neymar open to joining United. So stupid. A player who has won the league, cup, cl all in one season and was one of the pillars of the team will be ready to join a club which has a very difficult manager, the least chance to win the champions league and who have no even qualified for the group stages yet and aren't really known for the quality of football currently? Just insane journalism.
Neymar's team are probably leaking the information. Its been widely reported that Neymar is talks for a new contract. What better way to try and gain leverage in the discussions than to pretend to be interested in a move. This is Ramos all over again, albeit a lot more obvious. And its starting to get annoying.

Witchking

Hates cold weather, made a mocking video of him shivering time away in England before signing for Barca. 2nd best player at the best team in the world, winning everything in beautiful city, great climate and playing every week.

Ed is an idiot.

Why are you blaming Woodward for it? Is there any confirmation that he has leaked this to the press? You think the press won't know that United need a striker and see that Neymar's contract is coming up for discussion?

Fergus' son

Gets very easily confused

Ed is an idiot.

You're the idiot for believing the rumour.

cyberman

Maybe not being selected in the final 3 for the Ballon Dor has tempted him to move abroad and become the main man at another massive club? To enhance his reputation even more?
Moving to the richest and most watched league in the world makes so much commercial sense for his brand and exposure.
Does Neymar look the kind of player to stay at Barca for the bulk of his career? I'm not saying this summer but by next summer he'll be at Barca for 3/4 years. Maybe it would be time to move on.

Varun

Staff
Messi
Muller
Neymar

The top 3 unattainable players in the world imo.

Mali_Zeus

Ed is an idiot.
Media has announced the Earth is indeed flat and not round. Make of it what you will or to be more precise believe it. It's surely the truth.

Varun

Staff
Maybe not being selected in the final 3 for the Ballon Dor has tempted him to move abroad and become the main man at another massive club? To enhance his reputation even more?
Moving to the richest and most watched league in the world makes so much commercial sense for his brand and exposure.
Does Neymar look the kind of player to stay at Barca for the bulk of his career? I'm not saying this summer but by next summer he'll be at Barca for 3/4 years. Maybe it would be time to move on.
B. E. L. I. E. V. E

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Why is anyone actually believing there's anything more to this than his agent playing games for a better contract?

izec

After the masterpieces that Alves and Ramos produced this summer, Neymar and his agent think now is the right time for a better contract.

Water Melon

Why is anyone actually believing there's anything more to this than his agent playing games for a better contract?
Pretty much this. Hopefully, neither LvG nor Ed are buying it. Otherwise, we will spend last week of the transfer window on helping Neymar get a better contract with Barca.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
I want this thread to die. Seeing it high up on the thread list doesn't infuriate me because it won't happen, it infuriates me because it hits me that there's actually people on here who actually believe it will.

And that pains me.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
  • Agent sees player contract expiry date is under 2 years.
  • Starts negotiations with club.
  • Wants more money
  • Link to Man Utd
  • English press lap it up
  • Offere more money. If not enough repeat last 2 steps, else...
  • Player signs contract extension.
Seen this before somewhere...

soapythecat

Signed a new contract according to some dude on Twitter - if true, then thank feck.
For those on here even buying the original rumour we were in for him, then hang your heads in shame.

cyberman

B. E. L. I. E. V. E
I'm not saying he will want to leave this summer, but Neymar has this massive team behind him plotting every aspect of his career. I'd be shocked if he's willing to stay in Messi's shadow for the bulk of his career.

Prophet_of_Doom

I want this thread to die. Seeing it high up on the thread list doesn't infuriate me because it won't happen, it infuriates me because it hits me that there's actually people on here who actually believe it will.

And that pains me.
It's a bit like god. We know the stories are ridiculous and far fetched. But a part of us has to believe, even if only a tiny sliver of our sub conscious, because without it there is no hope. And hope is what separates us from the chimp. Thus stories like this are the only thing keeping civilisation from completely breaking down.

Varun

Staff
I'm not saying he will want to leave this summer, but Neymar has this massive team behind him plotting every aspect of his career. I'd be shocked if he's willing to stay in Messi's shadow for the bulk of his career.
I don't see him leaving barca anytime soon as things stand.

stepic

I could see it happen. The natural leader of the team post Messi.

Status
Not open for further replies.