Neymar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cait Sith

This is all good fun and all that but there actually is one Barcelona player on a position that Manchester United will need upgrading soon whose head could be turned and who might be realistically attainable: ter Stegen. Looks like Claudio Bravo has secured the #1 spot again this season. I'm not sure ter Stegen would prefer the Barca bench and some Cup games over being the undisputed #1 at Manchester United if given the choice.

Are you allowed to open transfer threads without there being concrete rumours in the papers? At the end of the day a Sun rumour and me making something up isn't that different anyway.

D J Dog Toffee

I'm not sure about anyone else's experience, but from my own personal experience I only witness these kind of overreactions online, particularly on here & social media sites.
Other United fans I know offline don't react or perceive us as embarrassing - quite rightly they don't believe every rumour under the sun and as such don't get so emotionally attached to these fantasies.
Online fans however, a whole different breed.
I guess the cloak of anonymity that comes with an online persona makes people do weird things.

But now having thrown that Havant & Waterlooville story out there on the internet, I'm just gonna wait for the inevitable splash page in the Daily Star's sports section. :)

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Honestly, I'm so embarrassed about this situation. I don't think I can handle this embarrassment, as it's so embarrassing. If this embarrassment continues, I think I'll lock myself in my room... to avoid the embarrassing behaviour from the club.

Oo0AahCantona

Should we all just call it a day, pack it all up and support Nottingham forest? i think its the only option left due to how much of a pathetic club we are, anyone know any good forums? chuckle chuckle

mikey_d

Not sure why this thread is still alive. Is there a single fan on here who believes that Neymar is going to sign for us this transfer window?

why do people keep saying this thread should be closed because he's not going to sign. 99.99% of threads in the transfer forum are about players who were linked to us but never signed so why is this one different?

Speak

Step up to my misogyny soapbox
Someone explain how we are a laughing stock? I don't get it
'We're a laughing stock' basically means 'my friends and people on twitter will make jokes about United for the next three days'

Anyone who genuinely feels embarrassment (even at the club's expense) due to transfers rumors probably needs to give twitter/Facebook a break, and/or find a few friends who take football a little bit less seriously.

Getsme

'We're a laughing stock' basically means 'my friends and people on twitter will make jokes about United for the next three days'

Anyone who genuinely feels embarrassment (even at the club's expense) due to transfers rumors probably needs to give twitter/Facebook a break, and/or find a few friends who take football a little bit less seriously.
It wouldn't surprise me if people wanted us to buy a world class player for no other reason than they can brag to their mates about it.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Yes this embarrassing talk is embarrassing. It's not even the club saying it. It's the media reporting it. Think about that. It's the media and it's embarrassing that some allow the media to embarrass them. If it's true, we're planting a seed probably. Getting in early to give the player an option and if this was AC Milan Or Munich or any big club - then it should be taken seriously. These are big clubs - but we can't help most Journalists lie for a living. If it causes this much of a reaction then it only shows how much resentment and bitterness there is towards United. Even in a transitional phase Chelsea, City, Arsenal, Liverpool don't get the coverage because fewer people are interested and we know the Barcelona fans are secretly shitting their pants :) Lucky for you guys and girls, you're in a good moment. It won't last though. Not when we nick Neymar from you

Ananke

Why are people embarrassed? So what if we dont get neymar...honestly dont see why you're all being such pussies.

Reports of 137m for neymar just show how finincially strong we are, show that we are actually still interested in the top players, and shows that we can still cause a stir with even players from barca.

Again I dont think we'll get him but we're f'ing trying at least. Better than not attempting. And before anyone says we could be looking at other players...most likely we are. But Neymar is going to get the most attention from the media because of the money and who he is.

Honestly dont see why these rumours make us look bad. We're willing to push the limits, we've done a damn good job with transfers this window (bar pedro who I think we should have got even if we wanted someone better...€30m was a steal) and I believe we'll grab a top class striker before this window ends.

GE

Negative Moaning Mentalist
Why don't the club come out and deny it like Barca have? We're such fools at times.

We're gonna look like right knobs next Tuesday when we don't sign anyone and Neymar and Mane end up with shiny new contracts.

At least snatch Chelsea's John Stones deal away from them like they did us with Pedro.

We need to do something quick to prove Manchester United are no mugs and should be taken seriously.

All will be forgotton with a huge swoop for Greizmann, Muller or Lewandoski.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
Why don't the club come out and deny it like Barca have? We're such fools at times.
We don't deny these things because it suits the club to have our name in the press linked with high profile players.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

We're gonna look like right knobs next Tuesday when we don't sign anyone and Neymar and Mane end up with shiny new contracts.

At least snatch Chelsea's John Stones deal away from them like they did us with Pedro.

We need to do something quick to prove Manchester United are no mugs and should be taken seriously.

Do you think we should deny every single transfer story?

What happens when one is true? Do we lie about that and deny it? What happens if we deny its true and then sign that player? Does our word hold any weight for the next one we deny?

It's a fools game getting involved in transfer talk and discussing other clubs players whether it's a denial or not.

If you look at any player we signed, it's been the press native to the player that has been on the pulse and that tells you all you need to know about what the club actually brief to the press compared to what the player's agent is briefing.

Red-Jeff

An embarrassing saga full of embarrassment, don't think we'll recover from this one. Been caught with our pants down and our flaccid ineptitude has been exposed. How embarrassing.

predator

Youth NITK
Tbf it would be annoying if Neymar is just using us for an improved contract. I wouldn't say it is embarrassing as I genuinely wouldn't feel one bit of embarrassment myself. Ed woodward might but not me, I have nothing to feel ashamed of.

Fwiw we should have a bit of fun regarding this rumour because we all want it to happen but all know it won't. Let's just enjoy it while it lasts and not get ourselves to worked up about it.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff

You're like a stuck record. Embarrassing stuff from you

Chorley1974

Lady Ole
The embarrassment will sink the club and we will fold, I don't know what's worse the embarrassment, or the embarrassment over the embarrassment. Why the club isn't denying our embarrassment I just don't know, so embarrassing.

Stringer

:lol: There are no words that would do justice in describing this idiocy.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff

I think the silly season is getting to you. We have bought well. We could do with another attacking player/striker and maybe a central defender but we have come a long way.

Dreaded

The club is linked with literally dozens and dozens of players each transfer window should the club come out and deny every single rumour?

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United

You cant be serious? You post the same nonsense every where.

Has to be a WUM.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner

Oh dear. It's all getting too much for some members on the Caf.

MDFC Manager

Stupid post. One of many from you in recent times

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
Love the muppetry behind this one, did Barcelona really need to say anything at all, wasn't it obvious? I think we'd have more chance of cloning Neymar by getting a strand of his hair and creating a stormtrooper army full of them.
Sounds about right.

Sir A1ex

Why? No one knows for sure why he was there
A) Doesn't really matter why he was really there - I'm talking about how it looks. Maybe he just fancied some Tapas, but sadly this had the unplanned effect of making it look like he had gone there to sign Pedro.

B) In reality, he was obviously meant to be signing Pedro. OK, these things happen, it's no disaster. But if you can't see why it looks amusing to other fans (hell, even to us) then you are a very dour man.

I'm not embarrassed by the club, but neither am I going to pretend that stuff like this and the three amigos doesn't provide some decent comedy for our detractors. To try and bluff our way out of it by claiming that other fans laughing about these things are some kind of sad half-wits is disingenuous - we would be doing much the same in their position.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Guys this is literally starting to get embarrassing now.

It's like when you'd try to get with that girl at your college, who was always way out of your league, absoultely incredibly good looking and a great personality to go with it. And then for some reason she starts acting friendly towards you. You at first talk a bit in Sociology where you sit next to her and suddenly you're sending her a few texts. You think for some reason, who knows why looking back, but you think she actually might be interested. She invites you to go back to her house one day and she says she really likes you, but she's into some weird stuff. You start to get hopeful hoping she might actually like you and are interested in the stuff she's going to do. Next second she's blindfolding you and she starts to lick your balls. Next second you hear a lad laughing and it's her fecking built as feck boyfriend with a camera in his hand. You look down and see it's not her but her dog which is licking your balls, and fecking Mike has got it all on video. She comes out saying, "Sorry, it was just too funny" and you run away with tears streaming down your face. She ends up getting with Michael and they have a great life while you're known as "The Dog Whisperer" for the rest of your life.

SirAF

Ageist

Not again! :lol:

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Guys this is literally starting to get embarrassing now.

It's like when you'd try to get with that girl at your college, who was always way out of your league, absoultely incredibly good looking and a great personality to go with it. And then for some reason she starts acting friendly towards you. You at first talk a bit in Sociology where you sit next to her and suddenly you're sending her a few texts. You think for some reason, who knows why looking back, but you think she actually might be interested. She invites you to go back to her house one day and she says she really likes you, but she's into some weird stuff. You start to get hopeful hoping she might actually like you and are interested in the stuff she's going to do. Next second she's blindfolding you and she starts to lick your balls. Next second you hear a lad laughing and it's her fecking built as feck boyfriend with a camera in his hand. You look down and see it's not her but her dog which is licking your balls, and fecking Mike has got it all on video. She comes out saying, "Sorry, it was just too funny" and you run away with tears streaming down your face. She ends up getting with Michael and they have a great life while you're known as "The Dog Whisperer" for the rest of your life.
Except I honestly don't believe that there has been any serious encouragement from Neymar's camp here, not the sort that should truly make us believe that we are remotely capable of getting him. Your description is Ramos saga.

Sir A1ex

Except I honestly don't believe that there has been any serious encouragement from Neymar's camp here, not the sort that should truly make us believe that we are remotely capable of getting him. Your description is Ramos saga.
It's actually stuff like Ramos / Pedro / Fabregas that is closer to being "embarrassing".

They are players that you could argue we genuinely thought we'd be able to get, and turned out to just be playing us, or we buggered up somehow.

Neymar is just amusing nonsense.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
It's actually stuff like Ramos / Pedro / Fabregas that is closer to being "embarrassing".

They are players that you could argue we genuinely thought we'd be able to get, and turned out to just be playing us, or we buggered up somehow.

Neymar is just amusing nonsense.
Exactly although Pedro wanted to come here I believe, we just took absolute ages to move the matter forward while for Chelsea it didn't take anywhere near as much time because they don't take months to prepare bids. This was caused by the fact that we prepare amazing bids that are handwritten on a pergamin by monks in the mountains of Tibet while Chelsea just fax the amount.

Fabregas we had been a year too early. Happened with Kroos as well and Ramos played us.

Status
Not open for further replies.