g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Neymar

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrBest

Wouldn't touch him even if he was free. When was the last time he completed a season? I'm sure this guy has said his love for football is falling. Better options out there, I personally think he is very overrated.

mikeyt

Do not want! Overpaid prima dona who chased money. He'd get battered in the PL and want to leave within 3 months.

Pickle85

Brilliant player but on his way down and seems as though he's become even more interested in lifestyle over football. Would be a classic Woodie signing but I really hope we're past that now.

alexanderplatz

clearly a very skilled footballer but doesn’t work for the team. The annual injuries around his sisters birthday are just so disrespectful to fans and his team mates, I’m sure some of them were genuine injuries but I don’t think anyone gets that unlucky that many times.
I also never understood why he played into opponents hands so much when his team are chasing games.
The opposition want to disrupt your flow and he obliged by going down at every touch, even when he doesn’t need to.
If you compare that to a messi who stays on his feet riding tackles to keep the momentum going.
We’ve had enough problem players in the last decade, can’t be dealing with any more!

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
clearly a very skilled footballer but doesn’t work for the team. The annual injuries around his sisters birthday are just so disrespectful to fans and his team mates, I’m sure some of them were genuine injuries but I don’t think anyone gets that unlucky that many times.
I also never understood why he played into opponents hands so much when his team are chasing games.
The opposition want to disrupt your flow and he obliged by going down at every touch, even when he doesn’t need to.
If you compare that to a messi who stays on his feet riding tackles to keep the momentum going.
We’ve had enough problem players in the last decade, can’t be dealing with any more!
If you don't think anyone gets that unlucky that many times, what's your explanation? The injuries were real, did he injure himself on purpose to attend his sister's birthday? Did he pay rival players to injure him in a match?

Lecland07

Though it could be fun to watch him for us, we can't have another injury prone player. He seems to always get injured for important games, so wouldn't shock me if we always have to do without him in cup tournaments.

Pickle85

If you don't think anyone gets that unlucky that many times, what's your explanation? The injuries were real, did he injure himself on purpose to attend his sister's birthday? Did he pay rival players to injure him in a match?
Faked em

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
How do you fake a swollen and bruised ankle/foot? Make up? Or did he bribe PSG's medical team? And why didn't the insurance company that paid his salary take legal steps? They too probably lost €100+m due to his injuries. Did he bribe them as well? And all that to attend his sister's birthday party? If so, why did he choose such a difficult way of doing this?

SATA

The time to get him was his Barcelona version, not now anymore. Have always said his prime belongs along with the tier of Messi and Cristiano

Pickle85

How do you fake a swollen and bruised ankle/foot? Make up? Or did he bribe PSG's medical team? And why didn't the insurance company that paid his salary take legal steps? They too probably lost €100+m due to his injuries. Did he bribe them as well? And all that to attend his sister's birthday party? If so, why did he choose such a difficult way of doing this?
You asked what an alternative explanation is and I told you. So to be clear, you think that players never fake injury because otherwise medical teams would call them out on it? I don't think it's beyond the realms of possibility that in the past he has claimed to have a knock and didn't feel 100%. Given his profile within that side its not exactly stretching credulity to think he may be given a little more latitude than most.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
You asked what an alternative explanation is and I told you. So to be clear, you think that players never fake injury because otherwise medical teams would call them out on it? I don't think it's beyond the realms of possibility that in the past he has claimed to have a knock and didn't feel 100%. Given his profile within that side its not exactly stretching credulity to think he may be given a little more latitude than most.
He could probably go to jail for faking an injury. And there's actually footage of him getting injured in most cases.

This whole sister birthday narrative is a football conspiracy theory

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Before people express any sort of apprehension, this is coming from Dahbia Hattabi, who's Tier 3 overall and is one of the better Foot Mercato journalists.

However, Dahbia pours some cold water over this link by reporting that Neymar would rather stay in PSG (he wants to ends his career there) and, overall, is closer to remaining in PSG than leaving the club. Also, United are just monitoring his overall situation and only went as far as getting some info about him at the start of the year.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Neymar is allegedly on €36m annualy, so €3m monthly. I'm not a legal expert so I can't definitely say that faking an injury definitely constitutes fraud but one way or another, he would have obtained the money from PSG without fulfilling his contractual duty despite being able to do so. Even if PSG would look over that, the insurance usually pays player salaries after a certain time. And even if that sum would only be half his actual salary, we're still talking about ~€6m for this year's injury. People go to jail over smaller sums for insurance fraud.

Oranges038

No idea why anyone would want this cnut near the place.

Exactly the type of signing that should be avoided at all costs.

alexanderplatz

thought it was pretty obvious what I was saying

There is no way he was injured every time and it’s impossible to prove so I’m not having a stupid debate on it.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen

There is no way he was injured every time and it’s impossible to prove so I’m not having a stupid debate on it.
Then one of the things I mentioned has to be the case which is even less likely. If you don't want to have stupid debates, don't make stupid claims

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

His injuries are broken bones and torn ligaments also they are almost exclusively down to pretty bad challenges. It's not even a topic that should be debated.

RedStarUnited

No fecking thanks, most overrated player I think I’ve ever known of and who is doing what a lot of Brazilian stars seem to do in their 30’s which is embrace the party lifestyle.

Whenever I think about what I hate in modern day footballers I instantly picture Neymar and Pogba, all style and no substance with zero bollocks to boss a game as they’re too concerned with breaking a nail.
Probably the most incorrect thing attributed to Neymar consistently by his haters who probably have never paid any attention to his career.

He is tied for most goals and has the highest assist of any player in Brazil's history. So by the time he retires, he will lead Brazil in all things goals related but he has no substance.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
When did neymar become 31?

I remember watching videos of him at santos when he was a young kid. I still feel like he should be 25/26 years old at maximum.

SAFMUTD

He's exactly the kind of signing we should be looking for if we're in for a road like PSG. Players like him rot the commitment in the squad, he's too good to be benched and he's a diva so he pretty much expects to get special treatment.

In all in for empowering our manager signing players that think they're above the manager or club doesn't fit.

Also he's the biggest diver I've seen in the game can't stand him.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
He could probably go to jail for faking an injury. And there's actually footage of him getting injured in most cases.

This whole sister birthday narrative is a football conspiracy theory
Jail? Go for a walk.

Players at every club fake injuries all of the time. Beyond that, most footballers are carrying injuries most of the time. It’s a tough sport.

On what planet would someone end up in jail for saying their leg hurts. Stephen Ireland pretended that a non existent family member died and still got to roll around in an Xzibit’ed Bentley.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Jail? Go for a walk.

Players at every club fake injuries all of the time. Beyond that, most footballers are carrying injuries most of the time. It’s a tough sport.

On what planet would someone end up in jail for saying their leg hurts. Stephen Ireland pretended that a non existent family member died and still got to roll around in an Xzibit’ed Bentley.
Which is an entirely different case. A dead family member won't rule you out for multiple months as the injuries that Neymar suffered around the time of his sister's birthday.

And at the quoted figures, faking a multiple months long injury is no minor faux pas. A company has to pay millions because of somebody's fraud. Do you think they'd just shrug that off?

This is such a stupid discussion because it is so clear he didn't fake those injuries.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Which is an entirely different case. A dead family member won't rule you out for multiple months as the injuries that Neymar suffered around the time of his sister's birthday.

And at the quoted figures, faking a multiple months long injury is no minor faux pas. A company has to pay millions because of somebody's fraud. Do you think they'd just shrug that off?

This is such a stupid discussion because it is so clear he didn't fake those injuries.
It’s only stupid because you said someone would be jailed for faking an injury. They wouldn’t. Ever. Under any set of circumstances.

I honestly don’t give a damn about Neymar and his injuries and the validity of them. Just the suggestion that Jail terms are in the offing for someone faking a boop.

JPRouve

Scout
It’s only stupid because you said someone would be jailed for faking an injury. They wouldn’t. Ever. Under any set of circumstances.

I honestly don’t give a damn about Neymar and his injuries and the validity of them. Just the suggestion that Jail terms are in the offing for someone faking a boop.
Actually faking an injury could be considered fraud and with the amounts at play a jail sentence would be very likely, now it would likely be a suspended sentence alongside a fine with damage and interests going to the plaintive. But you need a plaintive which is the unlikely part in Football.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Actually faking an injury could be considered fraud and with the amounts at play a jail sentence would be very likely, now it would likely be a suspended sentence alongside a fine with damage and interests going to the plaintive. But you need a plaintive which is the unlikely part in Football.

Eli Zee

Great player. But let's stick to building a squad for the present AND future.

I don't think we should be signing players older than 27-28, unless they are absolutely needed to fill a position in which there are no suitable alternatives.

Last edited:

mu4c_20le

Then one of the things I mentioned has to be the case which is even less likely. If you don't want to have stupid debates, don't make stupid claims
Can you prove that every single one of them were real, or are you just going by the assumption that it would be too outrageous to be faked because of insurance, lawyers, etc? I'm not necessarily saying its a stupid claim, but its also just a claim.

Last edited:

UDontMessWith24

There's absolutely no way ETH would give this a green light, and if whoever the owners are sanction this transfer anyway then there's no difference between them and the Glazers. I've been following United since 1990 and this is the biggest train wreck of a transfer I've ever heard of. A millions time no.

alexanderplatz

he missed 2 or 3 years with single game injuries or suspensions. Hes admittedly had some bad injuries but there’s still enough there.
Don’t know why you’re so angry about it. Maybe neymar and you can be friends when he sees how you stuck up for him.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
There's absolutely no way ETH would give this a green light, and if whoever the owners are sanction this transfer anyway then there's no difference between them and the Glazers. I've been following United since 1990 and this is the biggest train wreck of a transfer I've ever heard of. A millions time no.
The club spunked £73m on Sancho, £85m on Pogba, £75m on Lukaku, £60m on Di Maria, £80m on Maguire, £80m on Antony, £50m on Fred.

It's not like the club hasn't wasted obscene amounts of money on transfers the last 5 years, and there has been some absolute train wrecks.

There is no way a Neymar transfer will ever be worse than Maguire for £80m, that is going to go down as the club's worst transfer for a long, long time.

davidmichael

Probably the most incorrect thing attributed to Neymar consistently by his haters who probably have never paid any attention to his career.

He is tied for most goals and has the highest assist of any player in Brazil's history. So by the time he retires, he will lead Brazil in all things goals related but he has no substance.
So by that theory Neymar is better than Pele, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Garrincha, Zico, Careca, Rivaldo and Romario ? Rashford has scored more goals for United than Cantona so Rashford is the better player ?

RedStarUnited

So by that theory Neymar is better than Pele, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Garrincha, Zico, Careca, Rivaldo and Romario ? Rashford has scored more goals for United than Cantona so Rashford is the better player ?
Never said he was better, you said " all style and no substance". I then showed you that he does have substance.

Same way no one can say Rashford has no substance given that he should end this season in the top ten all time scorers list for us at age 25.

JPRouve

Scout
Regarding Footmercato 100% of it is BS, there is no better journalist over there, they are all shit. Footmercato is an aggregator that has no source and tempers actual articles that are themselves generally not reliable.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Can you prove that every single one of them were real, or are you just going by the assumption that it would be too outrageous to be faked because of insurance, lawyers, etc? I'm not necessarily saying its a stupid claim, but its also just a claim.
It's not just a claim, it is what medical experts have diagnosed.

What bothers me is that those people who claim he's faked those injuries don't think it through. It's easy to say "he faked these injuries, there's no way this is a coincidence". But when you think about the implications, it becomes ridiculous. It's literally impossible that he pulled this off without bribing anyone. And with "bribing" I don't mean that he only bribed doctors, he would have to bribe opposition players into injuring him because we've seen those situations on live. I get it is suspicious that he's always injured around this time of the year but when the other explanations are even more improbable, then it is what it is. Far more probable that his body (or his lifestyle) isn't made for professional sports and the strain becomes too much after a few months.

he missed 2 or 3 years with single game injuries or suspensions. Hes admittedly had some bad injuries but there’s still enough there.
Don’t know why you’re so angry about it. Maybe neymar and you can be friends when he sees how you stuck up for him.
I don't want to be friends with someone who endorses Bolsonaro. But I'm annoyed by people who take fake news as gospel.

Status
Not open for further replies.