RB - Michael Turner
RB - Peyton Hillis
WR - Eric Decker
WR - Marques Colston
TE - Antonio Gates
W/R - Vincent Jackson
K - David Akers
Def - Chicago Bears

Bench: Flacco; Woodhead; Crabtree; Lance Moore; Dallas Clark; Jets D.

Not sure if I should have the Jets D in instead of Chicago. I also think Moore/Crabtree could be more effective than Decker but apparently he's already got a good understanding with P.Manning so could score good points for me.

mightberight

Fantasy team:

QB Peyton Manning
RB Matt Forte
RB Steven Jackson
WR Mike Wallace
WR AJ Green
TE Jimmy Graham
W/R Shonn Greene
K - Garrett Hartley
Def - Eagles

Bench: Luck; Helu; CJ Spiller; Steve Johnson; Michael Floyd; Finley.

Reckon that's pretty strong if Wallace gets his act together. As far as reservesgo Helu or Spiller could be on the verge of a breakout season. Not to mention Finley for Graham in the bye week.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
NFL saying replacement refs will start the season. Apparently they've been very poor in pre-season and I expect they'll make a lot of mistakes, hopefully we won't see any injuries as a result of their incompetence.

Also, still no deal for the games to be shown on Sky Sports, really hoping that they get something done before the season starts.

JustAFan

The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers
An evil little city in the NE United States
NFL saying replacement refs will start the season. Apparently they've been very poor in pre-season and I expect they'll make a lot of mistakes, hopefully we won't see any injuries as a result of their incompetence.

Also, still no deal for the games to be shown on Sky Sports, really hoping that they get something done before the season starts.
Unless the players start trying to take advantage of the refs by getting in late/cheap hits that they know the refs might miss, then injuries should not be an issue. And if they are then the players will have to take a good part of the blame for it.

Still would feel better having the regulars out there.

On a different note, I miss the old days of the season starting on labor day weekend. Used to go camping with a bunch of family members, friends and would spend Sunday cooking, playing football and watching football. Was a nice bonus to the long holiday weekend.

Zen

Sky haven't got the games yet? smh. That's 2 games and RedZone right?

Do Channel 4 and ESPN still have the late sunday and MNF though?

ha_rooney

Sky haven't got the games yet? smh. That's 2 games and RedZone right?

Do Channel 4 and ESPN still have the late sunday and MNF though?
No idea. I asked Sky's twitter account whether Sky or ESPN would show any games and they responded saying nothing has been agreed yet. I'd be gutted if Sky lost the coverage, I thoroughly enjoyed watching the RedZone coverage.

ha_rooney

With the season 2 days away, it appears we (UK fans) will only get the Channel 4 late night Sunday game shown. Sky & ESPN are still in dispute with the NFL and no resolution reached yet. Whoever is at fault for this impasse is a cnut. Actually, they're all cnuts.

Edit: This is the statment from NFLUK made 1st Sept:

With the new NFL season kicking off next week, we fully understand the concerns of our fans that the full UK broadcast line-up for the new season has not yet been announced, beyond the new Channel 4 agreement for Sunday Night Football and the existing deal with BBC TV for Super Bowl and Wembley/playoff highlights.

We have been in negotiations for some time to extend our broadcasting agreements for this season and will announce the full package for the 2012 season as soon as possible. However, it is possible that this may not be before Tuesday at the earliest. Thank you for your support and patience.

EvilChuck

Its pretty depressing, hopefully they'll sort something out (although I'm not hopeful, they've had since february to sort it out)

mightberight

Oh well, can always torrent the match and try to avoid the score in the day - it's not as if I'd be staying up to watch it at ridiculous o'clock. It's football sunday that concerns me the most, but hopefully it'll be a done deal by then. Hopefully.

KeyserSoze

Batigol > Bauer
It went down to the wire in 2008 or 2009 as well, from memory. Without wanting to come across as an ITK tit, I’m fairly confident something will get done in the next couple of days following the statement. Mike Carlson’s already confirmed anyway, which is the important thing.

ha_rooney

Looks like the TV deal is close to being reached. Nothing official, however Sky's EPG has a big gap when the season kicks-off tomorrow and twitter reckons it's a done deal.

Edit: confirmed on sky website. 3 year deal showing 2 Sunday games, Thursday games, thanksgiving games, all playoff games and the RedZone feature.

20solskjaer

Great news on the sky deal, didnt fancy having to pay out another £10 a month for espn if they got it, would have tipped my sky bill over the £100 mark

The Sky deal is a load of bollox, as it means their live games are blacked out on NFL game pass. 60 games a season I wont be able to see simply because the cnuts demand no one else shows live games in the uk.

... which is the same as any TV deal anywhere. Rather get games shown on actual television rather than spunking 150 quid on a gamepass.
6 months Sky Sports Subscription = €200+
Attach HDMI cable from PC to TV = NFL on TV.
Watch any NFL game whenever I want = Game Pass > Sky Sports

No brainer, except for Sky Exclusivity demands. feck Sky.

KeyserSoze

Batigol > Bauer
Have to say I’m reasonably happy with the situation AC, as someone who will order Game Pass in the next couple of days. I still have the Sky Sports package for other Sports anyway. Live games on Sky, RedZone, All-22, as well as a 24 hour blackout on Game Pass instead of the ridiculous six day blackout. I was told getting that reduced was one of the main reasons negotiations took so long, I doubt Sky would have gave up the exclusivity easily. Game Pass is cheaper this year too.

KeyserSoze

Batigol > Bauer
I have told my girlfriend, family and friends not to bother me on Sundays, unless it involves food. Thinking of investing in one of those hats with a cup on either side and a straw to my mouth.

Have to say I’m reasonably happy with the situation AC, as someone who will order Game Pass in the next couple of days. I still have the Sky Sports package for other Sports anyway. Live games on Sky, RedZone, All-22, as well as a 24 hour blackout on Game Pass instead of the ridiculous six day blackout. I was told getting that reduced was one of the main reasons negotiations took so long, I doubt Sky would have gave up the exclusivity easily. Game Pass is cheaper this year too.
Great if you have Sky sports as it means you've everything in place for a perfect NFL season! I just can't justify €30+ a month for SS as well. My bro has SS so I'll pop to his when the Patriots are playing. There's also the option of a VPN, or HQ streams.

I have told my girlfriend, family and friends not to bother me on Sundays, unless it involves food. Thinking of investing in one of those hats with a cup on either side and a straw to my mouth.

Yeah I'm the same, Sunday night is my night off!! :D If you find those hats online, let me know!!

iSparky

Likes Dags. but not as much as his Dad
Really started to get into my American sports in the past year or so, the sky sports deal is sweet, I am a Patriots fan, does this make me a cnut then?

ha_rooney

BBC gets the MNF game. Surprised ESPN lost out, with them also losing the PL rights they won't have many subscribers left next year.

KeyserSoze

Batigol > Bauer
Really started to get into my American sports in the past year or so, the sky sports deal is sweet, I am a Patriots fan, does this make me a cnut then?
No, but there are far too many Patriot followers on RedCafe! We need fans from any other team than the Jets. Unless you have a family link or reason to follow a certain team I recommend following a younger team for people just getting into the game. A team with ambition and a young core or talented QB on the upswing, which you can watch develop. Like Detroit, Atlanta, Carolina, Texans, Colts etc.

KeyserSoze

Batigol > Bauer
BBC gets the MNF game. Surprised ESPN lost out, with them also losing the PL rights they won't have many subscribers left next year.
I’m surprised. I read it’s via the Red Button which means no HD or recording, no?

I used to like watching the Countdown shows too. So I could laugh at Mike Ditka.

ha_rooney

I’m surprised. I read it’s via the Red Button which means no HD or recording, no?

I used to like watching the Countdown shows too. So I could laugh at Mike Ditka.
Correct on no HD. Although I'm not sure why they can't make it available on BBCHD which will not be showing anything during the MNF games.

I quite liked the Countdown show myself, gave a nice analysis of the weekend games and the 'come on man' segment provided a few laughs.

iSparky

Likes Dags. but not as much as his Dad
No, but there are far too many Patriot followers on RedCafe! We need fans from any other team than the Jets. Unless you have a family link or reason to follow a certain team I recommend following a younger team for people just getting into the game. A team with ambition and a young core or talented QB on the upswing, which you can watch develop. Like Detroit, Atlanta, Carolina, Texans, Colts etc.
Ah I didn't know we had lots of patriots on here! My mums American friend has got me into it and guided me through rules and the like and he is a patriot fan, he said to feel free to follow any team I wish as long as its only the patriots and nobody else.

mightberight

I don't think you can force yourself to fall in love with a team. I've been following the Rams for a few months now and I know a lot about them and their (slim) hopes for the new season, but it's not as if I'll ever be crazy about them as I am with United. Maybe it'll change when I go see them in the flesh at Wembley, but for now I just love watching every team play and the sport in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.