Nfl 2010-2011

Alex

Haha Ted Ginn out didnt see that happening after Marshall ariving

Alex

Seems like a bit of a douchebag good QB though

Alex

Roethlisberger suspended for 6, could go up to 8 could be 4 depending on behavior

Looks certain to be traded, with who else but the Raiders in the hot seat, that said if he stops his crazy behavior well I think they get a great QB who is a winner, if not, he is the next Marinovich

Mighty Boosh

I've been casually following the NFL for about two years but I really want to get into it next season and support a team from the off. I want to support a young, up and coming team that will hopefully improve over the next few seasons but I definitely don't want to be considered a bandwagon fan. I've drawn up a shortlist so would appreciate feedback on them but I'm open to any other good suggestions

Baltimore Ravens
Green Bay Packers
Tennessee Titans
Seattle Seahawks

I_live_cement

Cat freak
I've been casually following the NFL for about two years but I really want to get into it next season and support a team from the off. I want to support a young, up and coming team that will hopefully improve over the next few seasons but I definitely don't want to be considered a bandwagon fan. I've drawn up a shortlist so would appreciate feedback on them but I'm open to any other good suggestions

Baltimore Ravens
Green Bay Packers
Tennessee Titans
Seattle Seahawks
Green Bay.

You know you want to. ;)

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Roethlisberger suspended for 6, could go up to 8 could be 4 depending on behavior

Looks certain to be traded, with who else but the Raiders in the hot seat, that said if he stops his crazy behavior well I think they get a great QB who is a winner, if not, he is the next Marinovich
Except that he's accomplished 100x more than Marinovich ever dreamed of.

Alex

I doubt that in TM's mind he would have won 28x super bowls cause that is what his pops says would have thrown for 200,000 yds too haha

jveezy

Fo' shizzle
Bit silly to suspend a player based on accusations when he isn't charged
Yeah. It's not like it's not consistent with how they've handled past problems though. I think the punishment is more for bringing disrepute (there's probably a better word) to the game by getting yourself into a bad situation rather than for actually committing a crime.

Instant Karma

Closet Gooner
Yeah. It's not like it's not consistent with how they've handled past problems though. I think the punishment is more for bringing disrepute (there's probably a better word) to the game by getting yourself into a bad situation rather than for actually committing a crime.
Opens up a pandora's box in this type of 'situation' though. Making this type of allegation is easy - anyone can and most will if they believe they can get a player to cough up a settlement or risk getting suspended.

muller

What time does the draft actually start? GMT if possible. Wondering whether or not to bother staying up for it..

sidsutton

wouldn't it be great if the Pats traded UP for once! We need some impact players so I hope they don't trade down to stack up on 4th or 5th round picks. Maybe even trade a pick or two for a veteran. The window for Brady is closing fast.

jveezy

Fo' shizzle
What time does the draft actually start? GMT if possible. Wondering whether or not to bother staying up for it..
16:30 Pacific Time so I think it's 00:30 British Summer Time.

There will only be one round today. Maximum of 10 minutes per pick so the longest it could possibly take is 5 hours. And the Pats pick rather late. Your call, muller.

muller

Nah im not going to bother. For some stupid reason (probably my 14 hour day today, with 8 hours coaching), I forgot how long it actually takes to work the way through the first round. Im up at 7 tomorrow anyway, a nice lie in for me this week! Have a fun evening if you're watching it lads! O and let me know if anyone selects me!

Alex

It will probably still be going when you wake up haha

Alex

It will be interesting to see if he turns into a good pro QB, I dont think it will happen, but well you never know

Wittmann45

Suh and Best in the first round

Obviously can't really say how its going to work out, but I really don't mind either selection. Suh was a no-brainer, but moving up to select Best, a position of need probably (we have more positions of need then we do filled positions though), was a nice move imo. I haven't seen too much of him, but I have heard good things

jveezy

Fo' shizzle
The more I think about the 49ers draft, the more I love it. I wasn't quite sold on giving away a 4th round pick to move two spots up because we were scared someone else was going to jump ahead of us, but the players we got were players that we heavily scouted, targeted, and wanted, so at least this wasn't a reactionary scramble. We went out and got the guys we wanted.

The amount of three and outs this team had last year was ridiculous. Also ridiculous was the number of third and longs, which leads to three and outs. A lot of that had to do with poor first and second downs where either Alex Smith had to hurry and improvise and maybe even throw the ball away or a Frank Gore run up the middle where he's stuffed behind the line. We just plugged those holes and maybe some of the starters from last year will do better coming off the bench. This could be one of the best offensive lines in the league a few years from now, and even if Alex Smith doesn't pan out, whoever comes in will have a wall to protect him.

jveezy

Fo' shizzle
Stupid Broncos

McDaniels must be assembling a boys choir in Denver.
Suh and Best in the first round

Obviously can't really say how its going to work out, but I really don't mind either selection. Suh was a no-brainer, but moving up to select Best, a position of need probably (we have more positions of need then we do filled positions though), was a nice move imo. I haven't seen too much of him, but I have heard good things
Yeah solid drafts for you guys. Definitely very proactive and you went and got yourselves some playmakers.

muller

Traded down.. Again. For a CB. Not the LB or WR that every single expert has sAid we need. Strange.

Alex

Traded down.. Again. For a CB. Not the LB or WR that every single expert has sAid we need. Strange.
The Broncos always do it too, it's quite frustrating, I am really not that big of a fan of it. The thing is last year they didnt and they could have probably traded down 10 picks and still gotten Moreno.

muller

We have the 12th, 15th and 21st pick in the 2nd round.. who knows what we will actually end up with. 9 3rd round picks or something.

Tebow was a little out of left field wasn't it?

jveezy

Fo' shizzle
We have the 12th, 15th and 21st pick in the 2nd round.. who knows what we will actually end up with. 9 3rd round picks or something.

Tebow was a little out of left field wasn't it?
Quite possibly the biggest understatement in the history of the NFL draft.

Or maybe not. Apparently he was given hats by all the teams that were potentially interested in taking him and the Broncos were one of those teams. That's why soon after the pick half the Tebow clan had Broncos draft day hats on.

muller

Well with so much power in the next 3 rounds - We might still be able to get my first choices for the draft now which are Kindle and Golden Tate. Positions we actually needed filled.