Nfl 2010-2011

KeyserSoze

Batigol > Bauer
I’m used to it by now – I have sat there waiting for a pass rusher to be chosen for years and have been left disappointed. This 6 foot 4, 4.6 forty prototype that Belichick has talked about in the past is just not there in the areas the Patriots pick, so it’s clear something has to change. Vrabel or McGinest are not walking back through that door. That said, the only possible candidates that are gone are Graham and Hughes and they have picks to make a move for the likes of Griffen, Kindle (injured knee?), Sapp, Misi or Teo-Nesheim. Surely they like one of them enough to pick in the second round but I would not be surprised if they don’t. I hope they don’t live to regret passing on Bryant twice too but with all the talk of locker room chemistry and ‘character’ recently maybe it was inevitable.

One of the few college teams I have seen in any detail over the last year is Florida and I liked Brandon Spikes. He ran a 5.0+ 40 yard dash which may lead to him slipping but I still think he could be a solid middle round player for someone’s defense. Especially as a run player at SILB in the 3-4.

Alex

Quite possibly the biggest understatement in the history of the NFL draft.

Or maybe not. Apparently he was given hats by all the teams that were potentially interested in taking him and the Broncos were one of those teams. That's why soon after the pick half the Tebow clan had Broncos draft day hats on.
Naw, his stock has been going up it was a bit off. That said it wasnt even the strangest thing the Broncos have done in the last 10 years, Maurice Clarett has to be the worst pick ever, well near one of the worst ever.

I do wish the Broncos would have drafted Clausen as I think he could become a really good pro, he really improved while at Notre Dame each year, I am really surprised that he is still on the board. I reckon the Seahawks or Raiders will go for him provided they have early second round picks as I am just going off the top of my head.

Anderson Searl

Reserve Team Player
Everyone is talking about Tebow, etc, but the Jags taking Tyson Alualu at 10 when they could have had him in the second or third round is pure comedy.

I_live_cement

Cat freak
Good move by the Rams picking Saffold actually.

Protecting their rookie QB is the most important thing first and foremost. Sure they need good WRs to throw to but we've seen it happen before that getting sacked a lot in your formative years can really be a confidence killer, not to mention the possible injury problems later on.

muller

More the character issues than the injury. Although he had surgery on his toe, it wasnt anything too major, nothing that should affect his performance long term.

Anderson Searl

Reserve Team Player
More the character issues than the injury. Although he had surgery on his toe, it wasnt anything too major, nothing that should affect his performance long term.
Is right.

Not a leader, just very very talented.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Some shmucks were screaming for the 49ers to pick Taylor Mays at 17.

We got him at 49 instead.
He can hit but apparently can't tackle or cover receivers. Dallas shied away from him and they need safety help.

Can't believe McCoy is falling so far. Must be his height. Hope he turns into a Drew Brees type.

Clausen to Carolina is a good pick. If Moore struggles, Clausen might go right in and play enough to not lose games. Plus is they are a run-run-pass team so he wouldn't have to win games just not lose them (like Sanchez with NYJ). But I think Moore can be a solid starting QB.

jveezy

Fo' shizzle
He can hit but apparently can't tackle or cover receivers. Dallas shied away from him and they need safety help.

Can't believe McCoy is falling so far. Must be his height. Hope he turns into a Drew Brees type.

Clausen to Carolina is a good pick. If Moore struggles, Clausen might go right in and play enough to not lose games. Plus is they are a run-run-pass team so he wouldn't have to win games just not lose them (like Sanchez with NYJ). But I think Moore can be a solid starting QB.
Yeah Mays is definitely a very very very raw talent. I would've been livid had they used any of their two first round picks to get him, but I definitely didn't expect him to be there 17 picks into the second round so I definitely think he'll help out quite a bit, at least with depth. He'll be a backup at least for this year.

Mighty Boosh

Pete Carroll has had a great draft with the Seahawks

Ravens have done very nicely for themselves aswell, they're going to have an awesome D next year

nyrfan818

Really happy with the Browns picks so far. Not a huge fan of McCoy, but I'm willing to give him a chance as a third rounder. I'm just glad we've addressed what needed to be addressed without reaching to do so. Was worried we might take Clausen early in the 2nd.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Pete Carroll has had a great draft with the Seahawks

Ravens have done very nicely for themselves aswell, they're going to have an awesome D next year
Baltimore was all set to draft Bryant until Dallas traded up. If they had got him to go with Boldin and Heap, with that defense, I'd have made them my early preseason pick to win the AFC.

Mighty Boosh

Current Superbowl Odds:

Indianapolis Colts 6/1
San Diego Chargers 8/1
New Orleans Saints 9/1
New England Patriots 10/1
Pittsburgh Steelers 10/1
Green Bay Packers 11/1
Minnesota Vikings 12/1
Dallas Cowboys 12/1
Baltimore Ravens 15/1
New York Jets 15/1
Philadelphia Eagles 18/1
Washington Redskins 20/1
New York Giants 20/1
Chicago Bears 25/1
Houston Texans 30/1
Cincinnati Bengals 30/1
Atlanta Falcons 30/1
Tennessee Titans 30/1
San Francisco 49ers 40/1
Miami Dolphins 40/1
Seattle Seahawks 50/1
Denver Broncos 50/1
Carolina Panthers 50/1
Arizona Cardinals 50/1
Jacksonville Jaguars 60/1
Tampa Bay Buccanneers 100/1
Buffalo Bills 100/1
Cleveland Browns 100/1
Kansas City Chiefs 100/1
Oakland Raiders 100/1
Detroit Lions 100/1
St Louis Rams 100/1

Interesting to see the Chargers rated as second favourties, personally I can see them having a poor season, Ravens at 15's could be worth a bet

Alex

Current Superbowl Odds:

Indianapolis Colts 6/1
San Diego Chargers 8/1
New Orleans Saints 9/1
Pittsburgh Steelers 10/1
Green Bay Packers 11/1
Minnesota Vikings 12/1
Dallas Cowboys 12/1
Baltimore Ravens 15/1
New York Jets 15/1
Philadelphia Eagles 18/1
Washington Redskins 20/1
New York Giants 20/1
Chicago Bears 25/1
Houston Texans 30/1
Cincinnati Bengals 30/1
Atlanta Falcons 30/1
Tennessee Titans 30/1
San Francisco 49ers 40/1
Miami Dolphins 40/1
Seattle Seahawks 50/1
Denver Broncos 50/1
Carolina Panthers 50/1
Arizona Cardinals 50/1
Buffalo Bills 100/1
Cleveland Browns 100/1
Kansas City Chiefs 100/1
Oakland Raiders 100/1
Detroit Lions 100/1
St Louis Rams 100/1

Interesting to see the Chargers rated as second favourties, personally I can see them having a poor season, Ravens at 15's could be worth a bet
In all honesty top to bottom the Chargers are stacked, they had a shit load of injuries last year, ran into a tough team that was on fire and imploded in the playoffs, LT is a loss in name only at this point, there draft pick will be better than him. The only problem they have is a very weak minded coach who doesnt know how to win playoff games unless they are against the Colts

gbgary

I've been casually following the NFL for about two years but I really want to get into it next season and support a team from the off. I want to support a young, up and coming team that will hopefully improve over the next few seasons but I definitely don't want to be considered a bandwagon fan. I've drawn up a shortlist so would appreciate feedback on them but I'm open to any other good suggestions

Baltimore Ravens
Green Bay Packers
Tennessee Titans
Seattle Seahawks
Green Bay.

You know you want to. ;)
we'd love to have you. the youngest team in the league two years running and were 11-5 last year.

Alex

gbgary the Vikes will take you though if they have Favre, Rodgers has been great but if Favre shows up again and gets the 8 up front for AP he will walk through the season again. The thing that shows what an idiot Childress is, is that Favre influenced after that game at Carolina, all they had to do was hand the ball off to AP and they would have won and probably kick a 30-35 yd fg

Mighty Boosh

we'd love to have you. the youngest team in the league two years running and were 11-5 last year.
Thanks mate, its very tempting alright ! I'm slightly leaning towards the Seahawks at the moment though, they've had a great draft and Pete Carroll is a good coach how would you rate their chances next season ?

Anderson Searl

Reserve Team Player
Current Superbowl Odds:

Indianapolis Colts 6/1
San Diego Chargers 8/1
New Orleans Saints 9/1
Pittsburgh Steelers 10/1
Green Bay Packers 11/1
Minnesota Vikings 12/1
Dallas Cowboys 12/1
Baltimore Ravens 15/1
New York Jets 15/1
Philadelphia Eagles 18/1
Washington Redskins 20/1
New York Giants 20/1
Chicago Bears 25/1
Houston Texans 30/1
Cincinnati Bengals 30/1
Atlanta Falcons 30/1

Tennessee Titans 30/1
San Francisco 49ers 40/1
Miami Dolphins 40/1
Seattle Seahawks 50/1
Denver Broncos 50/1
Carolina Panthers 50/1
Arizona Cardinals 50/1
Buffalo Bills 100/1
Cleveland Browns 100/1
Kansas City Chiefs 100/1
Oakland Raiders 100/1
Detroit Lions 100/1
St Louis Rams 100/1

I'll be taking punts on these next season if those odds hold

KeyserSoze

Batigol > Bauer
Baltimore was all set to draft Bryant until Dallas traded up. If they had got him to go with Boldin and Heap, with that defense, I'd have made them my early preseason pick to win the AFC.
I’m not sure how much the Ravens really wanted him MrMarcello. There is a television show called Patriots All Access which is available on the team’s website. They had surprisingly decent access to the Patriots draft room and permission to show certain footage afterwards. One of the more interesting scenes showed Robert Kraft negotiating with Jerry Jones over the Bryant trade and reporting back and forth. Belichick called Ozzie Newsome on another line – in a kind of courtesy call and basically told him Dallas was going to jump over their spot unless they wanted it and likely were willing to offer something. I doubt the price would have been huge for such a small jump if they really coveted Bryant. That apparent show of friendship or a working relationship did not stop us jumping over the Ravens via the Raiders for Gronkowski though.

What do you make of the whole Dez Bryant – Jeff Ireland thing? A step too far?

Alex

Lawrence Taylor is being arrested for the statutory rape of a 16 year old hooker in NYC

Anderson Searl

Reserve Team Player
My head shakes in shame... He was never exactly the most inspirational person away from football, this just is an exclamation point on what seems like a pretty sad life after football.

But I agree alex, this has set-up all over it

Alex

Yeah shame because on the field he was the best defensive player of his generation

Alex

Reggie White was a good 5-10 years after Taylor, at least his prime, LT stepped on the scene and the game was on. Who's better nothing in it really, RW was a beast though, but LT did it before him.

Alex

Just noticed JaMarcus was cut, shit player, best arm since Elway though

Alex

Although I think Tebow might be a bust, the more I think about it his upside is well as good as it gets when the Broncs traded up I thought it was for Clausen. Other than arm strength, Tebow reminds me a lot of Russel, but the key thing is that this kid gets it and has the drive to succeed, I have no doubt he has worked harder than every other draft pick since being selected by the Broncos, is he Elway, naw, but hell no one is