Nfl 2010-2011

Anderson Searl

Reserve Team Player
We can call it the Alex show

Reggie White was a good 5-10 years after Taylor, at least his prime, LT stepped on the scene and the game was on. Who's better nothing in it really, RW was a beast though, but LT did it before him.
I don't even think you can classify them in the same "generation" of player, LT was in there during a time where defensive side of the football wasn't taken as serious, which made his accomplishments that much more brilliant.

Reggie White started and finished in an era where the all-around team was developed, and was aided by the fact the offensive line seemed to die there in the late 90's.

All said, Reggie White was a fantastic humanitarian and loved the game of football, to me LT took his fame for granted and made the most of it, in the wrong ways... For me Reggie White is the best from the last few generations (Though I for one put Ray Lewis and Charles Woodson in the game breath)

Just noticed JaMarcus was cut, shit player, best arm since Elway though
He'll find a job somewhere but what a shame, the guy looked like the truth out of college: Mike Vick with better awareness... His arm was unreal, his feet were fantastic, and we all though he knew the system better than he actually did... If he never plays in the NFL again, or at least never starts, it will be a tragedy beaten only by Tim Couch.

Although I think Tebow might be a bust, the more I think about it his upside is well as good as it gets when the Broncs traded up I thought it was for Clausen. Other than arm strength, Tebow reminds me a lot of Russel, but the key thing is that this kid gets it and has the drive to succeed, I have no doubt he has worked harder than every other draft pick since being selected by the Broncos, is he Elway, naw, but hell no one is
Tim Tebow will not fail if given the chance, which is why the media love him... Denver now becomes a 3 dimensional offence with mobility from the pocket, I fully expect them to develop a wildcat-esque offence for him to be used in.

gbgary

Reggie White was a good 5-10 years after Taylor, at least his prime, LT stepped on the scene and the game was on. Who's better nothing in it really, RW was a beast though, but LT did it before him.
I don't even think you can classify them in the same "generation" of player, LT was in there during a time where defensive side of the football wasn't taken as serious, which made his accomplishments that much more brilliant.

Reggie White started and finished in an era where the all-around team was developed, and was aided by the fact the offensive line seemed to die there in the late 90's.

All said, Reggie White was a fantastic humanitarian and loved the game of football, to me LT took his fame for granted and made the most of it, in the wrong ways... For me Reggie White is the best from the last few generations (Though I for one put Ray Lewis and Charles Woodson in the game breath)
taylor was two years older than reggie and reggie played three or four more seasons than taylor.

reggie>taylor

with only a few exceptions the nfl has always been a defense dominated league. it's only recently that the league has become the pass-happy high-scoring league it is.

Alex

Yeah but LT was a revelation when he burst on the scene, not to take anything away from Minister but I think LT was the better of the two, as I said earlier not much in it though.

I was visiting family in Michigan in 92 or 93 and the way back we went through Green Bay after going through Canada and we went to Lambeau and all the players were great just shooting the shit with fans and signing all the autographs you wanted. I remember Reggie White riding this little kids bike around the parking lot with him on the handlebars it was hilarious

jveezy

Fo' shizzle
He'll find a job somewhere but what a shame, the guy looked like the truth out of college: Mike Vick with better awareness... His arm was unreal, his feet were fantastic, and we all though he knew the system better than he actually did... If he never plays in the NFL again, or at least never starts, it will be a tragedy beaten only by Tim Couch.
Couch sort of had one good season though. Not the greatest but I don't think it ranks as worse than Jamarcus. Some of those Browns teams were dire. As was some of the past Raiders teams. I was watching one of those ESPN Not Top 10 compilations and they showed a play where Jamarcus was sacked and I was wondering why that was significant and then they showed a replay and keyed in on two WRs lining up on the same side of the field who were supposed to cross routes right off the line and ran into each other to take each other out. Of course it was just one play but then again it's the Raiders so the fact that I wasn't surprised means something.

The thing is I think people are so sick of hearing Ryan Leaf comparisons that nobody wants to throw out Ryan Leaf as a name for biggest draft bust ever anymore because it's too cliche. Not only that it's been quite a long time so we kind of forget what a colossal failure he was. This article does a pretty good job of summing it up:

JaMarcus Russell: A challenger to Ryan Leaf's throne? - Shutdown Corner - NFL Blog - Yahoo! Sports

Consider this: the five best quarterbacks from the 2007 Draft class are JaMarcus Russell, Brady Quinn, Kevin Kolb, Trent Edwards, and Tyler Thigpen in order of their picks. The Raiders probably could've picked any of those guys and still would've sucked. Maybe not overthrowing a screen pass levels of suck but still, they would've sucked. The fact that one of the surprises of this past draft were that the Raiders actually drafted pretty well certainly says something about the talent surrounding Russell. The Chargers didn't have great drafts after Ryan Leaf was picked but on occasion he was the only thing holding them back and I think that puts him over the top.

Mighty Boosh

The Houston Texans' defense took a major blow Friday when defensive rookie of the year Brian Cushing learned he is being suspended four games for violating the NFL's policy on performance-enhancing substances.

Cushing, who said in a statement that he tested positive for a non-steroidal banned substance, appealed the league's decision at a hearing at the NFL scouting combine in February, but the linebacker was informed Friday his appeal had been rejected.

Cushing
"I believe we presented compelling evidence during the appeal process to challenge the test results, and I disagree with and am disappointed by the suspension," Cushing said in the statement. "Bound by the decision of the league, I regret the situation it presents to the Texans' organization, my teammates, and our fans. My dedication to a championship season in 2010 continues undeterred."

Cushing will be allowed to participate in training camp with the Texans this summer, but then will serve his four-game suspension to start the 2010 regular season.

"We were disappointed to learn that Brian has been suspended for the first four games of the 2010 season," Houston general manager Rick Smith said in a statement. "Brian is a productive member of our team and this is a significant loss, but we have to be prepared to win without him."

Cushing's attorney, Harvey Steinberg, did not return telephone calls seeking comment.

The Texans' defense will suffer without Cushing, especially considering that its first game of the season is against the defending AFC South champion Indianapolis Colts. Cushing will also miss games against the Washington Redskins, Dallas Cowboys and Oakland Raiders.

Cushing, who was voted to the Pro Bowl, had 133 tackles and helped lead the Texans to a 9-7 record, their first winning season in franchise history. Cushing finished the season with five sacks, four interceptions and two forced fumbles.

Cushing was hounded by rumors of performance-enhancing drug use before he became a pro, but the Texans were undeterred. They said then they found no truth to those rumors in their draft preparations.

"I've passed every drug test out there and still have," Cushing said during his 2009 draft news conference. "I'm not that kind of guy."

Cushing had been promoting an appearance on the NFL Network show "Total Access Live" scheduled for Friday evening on his Facebook page before posting the following message Friday afternoon: "Had to cancel NFL Network and all other interviews due to a family emergency. Heading to airport to fly back to NJ to be with the fam."

Cushing did not provide any further details about an emergency. He is from New Jersey and had been in school in California this week.

Adam Schefter is an NFL Insider for ESPN.com. The Associated Press contributed to this report.
Cushing banned for four games, surely a big loss for the Texans but the length of the ban is a bit of a joke

GloryHunter07

I'm happy to see the Raiders are moving in the right direction.

Am interested to see how Bruce Campbell works out. We have some talented young recievers too.

Cable has said he is expecting a lot from McFadden, was unlucky with Injuries.

Alex

New York gets the Superbowl, should open it up for other cold weather cities, but it won't because well....New York is special....

Alex

Avg high 37

Avg low 22

In the first week of February

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Even though the game will be played in New Jersey.

Stupid decision. I didn't see the NFL wanting an outdoor, cold weather game in Chicago, Pittsburgh, Seattle, Denver, etc., despite new stadiums. Only because New York, err New Jersey, got a new stadium did it come up. Where is the NFL HQ? Yeah. Case closed.

Another thing... how does a stadium complex get built for $1.6 billion and NOT have a retractable roof? Explain that gaff and excess cost.

Chapster

Marlin Jackson out for hte season it would seem

problems at FS for the eagles again! Hopefully Nate Allen or Demps will step up

Alex

It's because of Goodell, players are thinking twice about shooting people and driving drunk now

KeyserSoze

Batigol > Bauer
Sip Sip Sippin on some Sizzurp. Silly JaMarcus, maybe this explains his lethargy in the pocket.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
I'm still shaking my head at just what the Raiders saw in Russell, who never really stood out as a passer during his college days. He went from possible first round pick to top pick based on torching a porous ND defense. Never before had I witnessed a player shoot up the draft so high based on a bowl game.

His passing against the best defenses in college should have given the Raiders a glimpse of his true career projection. He was always going to struggle against top talent, which every NFL team has the best college players.

Erics_Collar

Had never gotten round to watching any of the Hard Knocks series, so Im going to watch them out of yearning for the season to begin. Midway through last year's Bengals, and damn is it a fascinating show. Can't wait for the Jets one this year.

Erics_Collar

TO joins the Bengals.

Re-united with Pacman and Tank Johnson. Throw Ocho into the mix and, well, as TO himself says - get your popcorn ready!

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Didn't he say that before as well?

He had a good season last year overall (up until that interception) and the Vikings have a great mix of WRs and a good running game with AP, so they'll be in contention for Superbowl which might entice Favre to give it one more shot.

Alex

Haha no I actually made the original retirement thread in 2008, and said I bet the bastard comes back haha

Alex

I dont see why he wouldnt come back the Vikings are legitimate SuperBowl contenders.

KeyserSoze

Batigol > Bauer
I am less against the inevitable Favre show this year than I usually am. He is coming off a very good season rather than one where he looked like a banged up version of his former self, which surprised the heck out of me. It has kind of earned him the right to do the I'm going to retire thing before becoming the returning saviour once camp has ended and he has had more time to heal. Would not want it to be happening to the team I followed and my head coach made to look like a love struck fool but what's the alternative? Tarvaris Jackson? The uncertainty did not stop them from doing what they did last year.

Erics_Collar

Jerry Rice is about to be inducted into the Hall of Fame.

I think I'm going to cry.
One hell of a talented HOF class this year.

In other news, not even America's sweetheart Tim Tebow is exempt from rookie hazing at training camps:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: