NFL 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
The tea leaves loom like Elway is settled on building for the future with a new franchise QB instead of eeking out another Super Bowl with this defense as is and a veteran QB (I,e, Romo). I'm alright with it either way.
Yeah, agreed. I really hope Romo is on his way to Houston though :wenger:

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Thought the Hawks would be okay with a Rawls/Prosise committee.

bucky

Thought the Hawks would be okay with a Rawls/Prosise committee.
One of the reasons why they weren't as good offensively was because of the injuries to those two. Means little if the o line doesn't improve though.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Anyone can tell me something about Datone Jones?

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
The Packers do realize they only have a limited time left with one of (arguably the) most gifted QB's to ever walk the Earth, right?

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Anyone can tell me something about Datone Jones?
Never really stood out for us. Just a solid rotational player. Not worth the investment of a first rounder.

JPRouve

Scout
Never really stood out for us. Just a solid rotational player. Not worth the investment of a first rounder.
It seems that he is going to move inside and play as a 3 tech besides Linval Joseph. He will basically compete with Sharrif Floyd and will have to gain some weight.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
It seems that he is going to move inside and play as a 3 tech besides Linval Joseph. He will basically compete with Sharrif Floyd and will have to gain some weight.
That won't be a problem. He initially played that for us, too. Until we moved him to OLB. For whatever reason.

JPRouve

Scout
Despite my kneejerk reaction after the Packers game, I'm glad to see Newman back. Anyone knows if Webb is better at safety or slot corner?

Sylar

The Packers do realize they only have a limited time left with one of (arguably the) most gifted QB's to ever walk the Earth, right?
:( Bizarre to watch as said above. And will be a shame if yet another year goes with deficiencies that are clear, but covered up (which can only take you so far) by Rodgers carrying the team with insane plays.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Hightower returning is huge. A great off-season so far for us.

roseguy64

Just the Butler situation to sort now. And then the draft. A RB and/or CB the top priorities. TE too.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
With the Seahawks having signed Lacy, who else is left courting a top tier RB?

Peterson to the Packers? Jags? Chiefs? Patriots? Returns to the Vikings like a lost puppy?

Where will Charles land?

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
With the Seahawks having signed Lacy, who else is left courting a top tier RB?

Peterson to the Packers? Jags? Chiefs? Patriots? Returns to the Vikings like a lost puppy?

Where will Charles land?
Don't think he'll return to the Vikes since they've just signed Lavatius Murray.

The Giants could do with either one of Peterson and Charles!

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Don't think he'll return to the Vikes since they've just signed Lavatius Murray.

The Giants could do with either one of Peterson and Charles!
Don't know about Charles, but Peterson is definitely done. He was horrible last season, even when fit. Whoever signs the guy will just waste cap space. It's no coincidence he is still on the market.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Don't know about Charles, but Peterson is definitely done. He was horrible last season, even when fit. Whoever signs the guy will just waste cap space. It's no coincidence he is still on the market.
The Vikings' OL being crap certainly didn't help though. I think he could still do a good job for a lot of teams.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
The Vikings' OL being crap certainly didn't help though. I think he could still do a good job for a lot of teams.
He averaged 1.9 Yards per carry. There is no line bad enough to excuse this. He was horrible. As running backs on the wrong side of 30 tend to be.

JPRouve

Scout
He could do a job for a really good OL but he is predictable and can't block.

Last edited:

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
He could do job for a really good OL but he is predictable and can't block.
Murray is gone for the Raiders now who have one of the best OLines in the league, but I'm guessing they're probably okay with Jalen Richard and DeAndre Washington..

JPRouve

Scout
Murray is gone for the Raiders now who have one of the best OLines in the league, but I'm guessing they're probably okay with Jalen Richard and DeAndre Washington..
I want to see AD in the NFL, so why not? But it would make more sense to draft a third RB, it's cheaper.

JustAFan

The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers
An evil little city in the NE United States
He averaged 1.9 Yards per carry. There is no line bad enough to excuse this. He was horrible. As running backs on the wrong side of 30 tend to be.
Any team signing him to automatically be their No 1 back is taking a huge risk. Any contract needs to be heavily incentive laden. He might do well in a RB by committee situation.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Dontari Poe on his way to Atlanta on a one-year deal worth up to $10m.

Status
Not open for further replies.