NFL 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neutral

BTV
Eli would be great in a variety of other places other than NY. Ditto with Brees in NO.
Brees can still flat out play. Eli even with the 2 superbowls has had a weird career.

4 pro bowls and plenty of big game performances but he's always been a bit flaky to me.

I don't think he'd be 'great' anywhere anymore. He'd potentially be good...hell look at some of the people starting, but his days of being great are gone.

And with age, his lack of athletism is catching up fast - Tom Brady is a bit of an oaf when trying to run, but laterally, even at 40 - he still can do the job.

Eli is starting to look like old man Peyton at the end of his career.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Brees can still flat out play. Eli even with the 2 superbowls has had a weird career.

4 pro bowls and plenty of big game performances but he's always been a bit flaky to me.

I don't think he'd be 'great' anywhere anymore. He'd potentially be good...hell look at some of the people starting, but his days of being great are gone.

And with age, his lack of athletism is catching up fast - Tom Brady is a bit of an oaf when trying to run, but laterally, even at 40 - he still can do the job.

Eli is starting to look like old man Peyton at the end of his career.
He's still nailed on for the Hall of Fame. Two superbowls and his career stats will gurantee him that. Brees is obviously one of the all time great passers and will "brees" through to Canton 5 years after he calls it quits.

Neutral

BTV
He's still nailed on for the Hall of Fame. Two superbowls and his career stats will gurantee him that. Brees is obviously one of the all time great passers and will "brees" through to Canton 5 years after he calls it quits.
Oh no doubt.

There are people that try to debate the Eli in the HoF thing, but as you say...2 superbowls and a long career will ensure, he's a lock.

Brees is amazing, his contract is killing the Saints now, but who would have guessed after that injury, his career would look like this!

The Dolphins still haven't recovered from choosing Culpepper over Brees.

Neutral

BTV
Speaking of players about to be out of the league...Eric Flowers is going to get cut at the end of the season by the Giants. I've never seen such a highly drafted OL be so inept - he's not struggling, he's just shit and he's a big reason by Eli Manning is getting killed out there

Phil

I'm going to Seahawks @ Giants as my first NFL game, in New York was really excited. Now worried I won't see an offensive touchdown.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I'm going to Seahawks @ Giants as my first NFL game, in New York was really excited. Now worried I won't see an offensive touchdown.
:lol: I'm on countdown to my own first NFL game and to be honest even if the game completely sucks I'm sure we'll each have an absolute riot of a time! The atmosphere and just being there will be amazing :D

Neutral

BTV
Not all bad...if the Giants are stinking up the joint, crowds there are brutal...you'll be entertained.

Fans in Philly are the same :lol:

Phil

:lol: I'm on countdown to my own first NFL game and to be honest even if the game completely sucks I'm sure we'll each have an absolute riot of a time! The atmosphere and just being there will be amazing :D
Not all bad...if the Giants are stinking up the joint, crowds there are brutal...you'll be entertained.

Fans in Philly are the same :lol:
I'm with you completely Rado.. It's just a touchdown would be nice. I'm pretty sure you get some!

@Neutral Jeez. Should I keep the Seahawks colours hidden?

Neutral

BTV
@Neutral Jeez. Should I keep the Seahawks colours hidden?
Nah...we're pretty good over here with that kinda stuff. The same tribalism doesn't really exist in pro sports (lack of a culture of traveling fans).

I'm a Skins fan and with DC being what it is...transplants from other states working for the federal govt who continued to follow their home teams and attend DC sports is a common sight.

There is very rarely any trouble at all. Mostly good natured ribbing... Obviously if you decide to get in peoples faces and go...

'deez nuts...deez nuts' every time Earl Thomas knocks someone out, all bets are off :lol:

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Got nothing on the Stub Hub Center

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth
:lol: 2 really mediocre O-Lines. I know our D did a really good job against the Hawks on sunday but they really should have won by more.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
:lol: 2 really mediocre O-Lines. I know our D did a really good job against the Hawks on sunday but they really should have won by more.
If those are mediocre O-lines, I would love to see a bad one.

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
Never been to any SEC games, but it's harder to imagine a better game day atmosphere than the ones say, at Tuscaloosa, Knoxville or Ole Miss. Tailgating at the Rose Bowl is heaven but the atmosphere lacks the rabid passion of the SEC.

JustAFan

The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers
An evil little city in the NE United States
Never been to any SEC games, but it's harder to imagine a better game day atmosphere than the ones say, at Tuscaloosa, Knoxville or Ole Miss. Tailgating at the Rose Bowl is heaven but the atmosphere lacks the rabid passion of the SEC.
ever see any of the news stories about the rich alumni who fly in on private jets for the games? Amazing the amount of money some of them spend each home weekend. Some even had luxury RV's they kept at the airport and only used the 6 or 7 times a year they came in for games.

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth
I've just realised that there is a London game this weekend. We should take a shot every time Sky Sports News does something to make us cringe.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
I'm going to Saints vs Dolphins - anyone know if there's any event or the best bars to watch the 6 and 9 kick offs

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
British born Jay Ajayi will be playing in Britain, on British TV, with British pundits?

I wonder if they'll mention he's British?

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
13 year career, 2 rings, MVP in both SB's, 4 Pro Bowls, yea I'd say so.
He got way too lucky in those two SBs. David Tyree bailed him out in the first one and Mario Manningham in the other. Probowls are irrelevant in my opinion.

He averages an interception a game and in three seasons he had 20, 25 and 27 interceptions. That is just criminal. Never had a 5000 pass yard season. Not thrown over 35 TDs ever in a season. 217 total interceptions is way too high for a QB and he isnt even done yet. He will touch 250 by the time he is done. He has never had a single digit intercetion year since his rookie season. 321:217 is his TD:INT ratio.

Last edited:

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
He got way too lucky in those two SBs. David Tyree bailed him out in the first one and Mario Manningham in the other. Probowls are irrelevant in my opinion.

He averages an interception a game and in three seasons he had 20, 25 and 27 interceptions. That is just criminal. Never had a 5000 pass yard season. Not thrown over 35 TDs ever in a season. 217 total interceptions is way too high for a QB and he isnt even done yet. He will touch 250 by the time he is done. He has never had a single digit intercetion year since his rookie season. 321:217 is his TD:INT ratio.
I don't think your really want a debate.:lol:

I agree with you though, there is something inherently wrong with him.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!

Yea I agree with all that, but he'll still get in cos of the rings.

Raoul

Admin
Staff

Surely you jest. Two rings and is currently 8th on the all time passing list (will be 6th by end of this year, surpassing Elway). That's more than enough to be in the Hall.

And to bring up Tyree as "bailing him out" is about as sensical as bringing up the tuck rule as bailing out Brady's first SB or saying he got lucky on his 4th because of a bad call by Pete Carroll. History remembers the result, not the circumstances leading up to it.

And lastly, bringing up Eli's INTs is not much of a defense of him not deserving to be in the Hall, as 7 of the 10 QBs on the all time INT list are in Canton.

Eli has done way more than enough by way of his rings and career stats

Status
Not open for further replies.