NFL 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I’ve seen lots of speculation about Denver making a move on day one, potentially trading up to try and get Jeudy but who knows.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
I’ve seen lots of speculation about Denver making a move on day one, potentially trading up to try and get Jeudy but who knows.
Yeah you're linked with a WR quite a lot - problem is that the Niners, Jets and Raiders are too so you'd need to move up to get one of the big 3.

Looked like you have your true WR1 in Sutton last year, could be scary paired up with one of Lamb, Jeudy or Ruggs. Patrick or Hamilton won't cut it as WR2 I'm afraid.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Yeah you're linked with a WR quite a lot - problem is that the Niners, Jets and Raiders are too so you'd need to move up to get one of the big 3.

Looked like you have your true WR1 in Sutton last year, could be scary paired up with one of Lamb, Jeudy or Ruggs. Patrick or Hamilton won't cut it as WR2 I'm afraid.
Agree all round, we need a WR2 good enough that Sutton isn’t just getting doubled on every snap.

The last one I saw was speculating at aiming for 8th overall pick. From what I’ve seen any of Jeudy, Lamb or Ruggs would be a great addition.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Agree all round, we need a WR2 good enough that Sutton isn’t just getting doubled on every snap.

The last one I saw was speculating at aiming for 8th overall pick. From what I’ve seen any of Jeudy, Lamb or Ruggs would be a great addition.
Definitely. Their college tape, hell even their combine performances look electric. I like that they all have different assets - Jeudy's route running, Lamb's hands/catch ability and Ruggs' raw speed.

I really wanna see Ruggs at the Niners though, Shanahan could scheme up some scary shit for him.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Definitely. Their college tape, hell even their combine performances look electric. I like that they all have different assets - Jeudy's route running, Lamb's hands/catch ability and Ruggs' raw speed.

I really wanna see Ruggs at the Niners though, Shanahan could scheme up some scary shit for him.
My usual caveat of knowing the square root of feck all about college players but from the bits of tape I’ve seen I think I’d have a personal preference for Lamb and think he’d complement Sutton the best, but I’d take any of them without doubt.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Kind of crazy how many teams from 10 to 32 are looking at a WR with the first pick
Problem being that, although it's a very deep group, the drop-off seems quite steep after the first three. Higgins, Reagor, Jefferson, Mims, Hamler, Aiyuk, Shenault, even Peoples-Jones could go in the second round.. At what point do you trade back or when do you make the call? Will be difficult.

You have the Jets, Raiders, Niners, Broncos, Eagles, maybe Miami too... The Vikings could use one but their D needs reinforcements more desperately imo. The Ravens might want to add a threat, the Packers need a reliable WR2... Gonna be interesting. A lot will depend on landing spot to determine rankings.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Seattle haven’t made a pick in the first round since 2012 :eek:

edit: I was lied to!

Last edited:

Hephaestus

Seattle haven’t made a pick in the first round since 2012 :eek:
We have, both Penny and Ifedi were first round picks. We haven't picked using our first rounder since 2011 though.

Edit: And LJ Collier last year. I've already forgotton him, so far looking like he might be the worst of the three, barely played last year despite us having a terrible pass rush.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
We have, both Penny and Ifedi were first round picks. We haven't picked using our first rounder since 2011 though.

Edit: And LJ Collier last year. I've already forgotton him, so far looking like he might be the worst of the three, barely played last year despite us having a terrible pass rush.
Ffs so Peter Schrager just lied to the GMFB viewers!

Hephaestus

Ffs so Peter Schrager just lied to the GMFB viewers!
Guess so. I'm guessing he was talking about us trading down again this year, I'm looking forward to us doing that and then selecting someone who was a projected 3rd rounder. And then they'll bust/have an ATV accident and never play.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Guess so. I'm guessing he was talking about us trading down again this year, I'm looking forward to us doing that and then selecting someone who was a projected 3rd rounder. And then they'll bust/have an ATV accident and never play.
Yea they were doing a bit on things you know you’ll see during the draft.

Nate said pundits making “2020 vision” puns.
Kay said jokes about WiFi dropping out.
Peter said Seattle trading out of the first round and that they’ve done it every year since 2012.

Bloody useless.

Phil

I have a sneaky feeling we'll actually make a day one pick this year. We really need help on both sides of the lines.

Am I gonna stay up for it based on that feeling? feck no.

Jack-C20

Is the draft something worth watching? For someone in the UK what time is it? Is it at all entertaining? And is it even on TV over here?

Hephaestus

Yea they were doing a bit on things you know you’ll see during the draft.

Nate said pundits making “2020 vision” puns.
Kay said jokes about WiFi dropping out.
Peter said Seattle trading out of the first round and that they’ve done it every year since 2012.

Bloody useless.
Yeah, you'd hope that he'd have checked that before he claimed it.
I have a sneaky feeling we'll actually make a day one pick this year. We really need help on both sides of the lines.

Am I gonna stay up for it based on that feeling? feck no.
I'd be surprised if we spent another early pick on a DL, reckon we'll either get re-sign Clowney or pick up Griffen and draft someone later on. Could see us going for a right tackle though if one's available at 27.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Is the draft something worth watching? For someone in the UK what time is it? Is it at all entertaining? And is it even on TV over here?
Sky Sports usually show it, no it’s not worth watching at all but I’ll probably still stay up and watch the first round just because.

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
Yah, I enjoy watching it. Hope springs eternal and all that. Also call me a softie, but I like seeing the kids realizing their dreams with their families there.

This year will be much different as it will be all done via video conferencing (originally supposed to take place in Vegas). I think Goodell is gonna be doing it from his basement. It's the NFL though so I'm sure the production value will be as good as can be, based on circumstances. With the lack of sports programming available, this should get a lotta eyeballs on it. Prolly will be the most-watched draft ever.

Jack-C20

Cheers guys! My thinking was that if I was to watch any of it, it would’ve been the first round as well. I’ll tune in and see if I can keep up with what’s going on :lol:

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool

That would be the most Giants thing ever. Might just be a smokescreen to get Miami or the Chargers to move up though.

Man of Leisure

That would be the most Giants thing ever. Might just be a smokescreen to get Miami or the Chargers to move up though.
I've seen Herbert a lot since he played in the PAC-12. Do not want. For that matter, I don't want the Chargers picking Tua either. That dude is brittle.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
I've seen Herbert a lot since he played in the PAC-12. Do not want. For that matter, I don't want the Chargers picking Tua either. That dude is brittle.
Surely they'll bring in Cam or Jameis if they don't draft a QB? Can't go into the season with just Tyrod Taylor as a viable starter and no competition for him.

Man of Leisure

Surely they'll bring in Cam or Jameis if they don't draft a QB? Can't go into the season with just Tyrod Taylor as a viable starter and no competition for him.
I know Anthony Lynn is high on Taylor. Cam I’m not sure on cos of injuries, but yah I’d take a flyer on Jameis for the right price.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
#1 Joe Burrow - Bengals
#2 Chase Young - Redskins
#3 Tua Tagovailoa - Chargers
#4 Isaiah Simmons - Giants
#5 Tristan Wirfs - Dolphins
#6 Jeff Okudah - Lions
#7 Javon Kinlaw - Panthers
#8 Jedrick Wills - Cardinals
#9 Mekhi Becton - Bucs
#10 Andrew Thomas - Browns
#11 Jerry Jeudy - Jets
#12 CeeDee Lamb - Raiders
#13 Henry Ruggs - Niners
#14 CJ Henderson - Jags
#15 Kenneth Murray - Broncos
#16 Kristian Fulton - Falcons

That's what I think might happen in the first part of the first round - Lions and Jags both trade down.

Justin Jefferson is now heavily linked with the Eagles, which makes sense I guess. The Jags have so many picks in the first two round but I can see them investing in their D rather than getting a WR like they're sometimes projected to. They've got Chark, Conley, Westbrook and Cole on their roster for next year I think.

As a top #3 pick owner in Dynasty, I hope the Chiefs go with Swift or Taylor at #32.
The more I read, the more I’m convinced CJ Henderson will go higher than expected hence the Vikings trade talk. He could even go in the top ten, but like your mock I don’t see him last past #15. This jives with that tweet I posted about this draft being more unpredictable than ever.

But did you forget DT Derrick Brown?

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
The more I read, the more I’m convinced CJ Henderson will go higher than expected hence the Vikings trade talk. He could even go in the top ten, but like your mock I don’t see him last past #15. This jives with that tweet I posted about this draft being more unpredictable than ever.

But did you forget DT Derrick Brown?
Ah yes, I did! He's a top 10 lock, it seems. The Panthers might like them instead of Kinlaw, but with Kinlaw they'd immediately have their "Kuelchy light" replacement. Dunno if Brown is able to drop a bit into a LB position? Kinlaw might drop to the Broncos or so in that case.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Ah yes, I did! He's a top 10 lock, it seems. The Panthers might like them instead of Kinlaw, but with Kinlaw they'd immediately have their "Kuelchy light" replacement. Dunno if Brown is able to drop a bit into a LB position? Kinlaw might drop to the Broncos or so in that case.
No, they’re both straight up interior DL.

Denver would be tempted, but like there’s a clear delineation in top 2 CB & DT, and a top 4 at OT there’s also equally a drop after 3 at WR. I think the 3rd WR still goes there.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
No
Stupid oclock
No
No idea

‘Forced’ to watch one with 3 good mates that had an NFL problem.

Avoid

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Before they made the first few rounds a multi-day affair, it was one of the best sports entertainment days of the year. Had an excuse to go to a sports bar Saturday morning, watch all the madness...

Now it’s a drag, but this first round should be interesting. If they do a 30 for 30 type documentary it would probably be better than the draft itself. All those old management types that don’t know how to work Skype or MS Teams without an IT guy down the hall, with millions of dollars on the line; it’d be hilarious.

Jack-C20

No
Stupid oclock
No
No idea

‘Forced’ to watch one with 3 good mates that had an NFL problem.

Avoid
:lol: I’d normally take advice like this but lockdown is sending me crazy and my sleep pattern can’t get any more messed up.

backofthenet

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He's not the messiah... he's a very naughty boy
My draft prediction - a complete guess of course

1. Bengals: Joe Burrow - gotta be really. They may shock us all and go Chase Young or one of the other QB's but I can't see it
2. Redskins: Chase Young
3. Lions: Isaiah Simmons - no one wants to pay the price the Lions want for the pick
4. Chargers: Tua
5. Dolphins: Tristan Wirfs - after missing out on their QB, they pick up a tackle and tank for... um... whoever next year
6. Giants: Jedrick Wills
7. Panthers: Derrick Brown
8. Cardinals: Jeff Okudah - run off laughing into the night about the best CB by a mile falling to them
9. Jaguars: CJ Henderson
10. Patriots: Justin Herbert - think they'll trade up to get Herbert, then bring in a vet in (may even be the Red Rifle) to sit him for a year
11. Jets: Mekhi Becton - BIIIIG mofo
12. Raiders: Jerry Jeudy - could be Lamb too, but I reckon he might be a better fit
13. 49ers: CeeDee Lamb
14. Buccs: Andrew Thomas
15. Broncos: Henry Ruggs
16. Falcons: Javon Kinlaw
17. Cowboys: Trevon Diggs
18. Dolphins: Austin Jackson
19. Raiders: Kenneth Murray - probably wishful thinking this. Wouldn't mind a CB here either
20. Jaguars: Xavier Mckinney
21. Eagles: Justin Jefferson
22. Vikings: K'Lavon Chaisson
23. Browns: Ezra Cleveland - just for the giggles
24. Saints: Jordan Love
25. Vikings: AJ Terrell
26. Dolphins: D'Andre Swift
27. Seahawks: AJ Epenesa
28. Ravens: Jonathon Taylor
29. Titans: Jaylon Johnson
30. Packers: Brandon Aiyuk
31. 49ers: Ross Blacklock
32. Chiefs: Cesar Ruiz

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
My draft prediction - a complete guess of course

1. Bengals: Joe Burrow - gotta be really. They may shock us all and go Chase Young or one of the other QB's but I can't see it
2. Redskins: Chase Young
3. Lions: Isaiah Simmons - no one wants to pay the price the Lions want for the pick
4. Chargers: Tua
5. Dolphins: Tristan Wirfs - after missing out on their QB, they pick up a tackle and tank for... um... whoever next year
6. Giants: Jedrick Wills
7. Panthers: Derrick Brown
8. Cardinals: Jeff Okudah - run off laughing into the night about the best CB by a mile falling to them
9. Jaguars: CJ Henderson
10. Patriots: Justin Herbert - think they'll trade up to get Herbert, then bring in a vet in (may even be the Red Rifle) to sit him for a year
11. Jets: Mekhi Becton - BIIIIG mofo
12. Raiders: Jerry Jeudy - could be Lamb too, but I reckon he might be a better fit
13. 49ers: CeeDee Lamb
14. Buccs: Andrew Thomas
15. Broncos: Henry Ruggs
16. Falcons: Javon Kinlaw
17. Cowboys: Trevon Diggs
18. Dolphins: Austin Jackson
19. Raiders: Kenneth Murray - probably wishful thinking this. Wouldn't mind a CB here either
20. Jaguars: Xavier Mckinney
21. Eagles: Justin Jefferson
22. Vikings: K'Lavon Chaisson
23. Browns: Ezra Cleveland - just for the giggles
24. Saints: Jordan Love
25. Vikings: AJ Terrell
26. Dolphins: D'Andre Swift
27. Seahawks: AJ Epenesa
28. Ravens: Jonathon Taylor
29. Titans: Jaylon Johnson
30. Packers: Brandon Aiyuk
31. 49ers: Ross Blacklock
32. Chiefs: Cesar Ruiz
Like my NFL but nowhere near the level of most of you lot. Curious about Becton so googled him. Comes up as a "basketball offensive tackle".

Now like I said, I'm not an expert but I'm pretty sure that's wrong.

(And yes, he is a big guy!)

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Been looking at cap numbers because I’m that bored, and stumbled across an article discussing Goff possibly restructuring his contract to help with the fact the Rams are $6m over the cap limit.

There were some tweets in there that really underline how badly the finances are managed by the Rams.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Eagles desperately need a WR but I am now resigned to the fact that we will probably go for a LB or DT with the 21st pick . Just far too many teams in for receivers at the moment

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Eagles desperately need a WR but I am now resigned to the fact that we will probably go for a LB or DT with the 21st pick . Just far too many teams in for receivers at the moment
How are you on slot receivers? Because Justin Jefferson should still be there, though Kenneth Murray will be also.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
How are you on slot receivers? Because Justin Jefferson should still be there, though Kenneth Murray will be also.

Slot isn't the first preference but I am not sure even Jefferson will be there at 21

Tua is the biggest story of this draft btw , I genuinely think that he could drop to say 15-20

Status
Not open for further replies.