NFL 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
ESPN profile...

Delpit missed too many tackles and didn't play as well last season as he did in 2018 with a high ankle sprain playing a big role. That said, he's a well-built safety who is competitive lining up over the slot and matching up with tight ends. He picked off seven passes over the past two seasons, has a nose for the football and shows excellent focus when the ball is in the air. And while Delpit needs to be more consistent, he's an aggressive run-stopper. -- Steve Muench
I can’t tell if you’re agreeing or disagreeing with me, hah. But by lack of aggression I meant in tackling. If he was hesitant in the moment due to lingering injury and that’s what was affecting him, this could be a steal of a pick for the Browns.

lsd

The Oracle
ESPN profile...

Delpit missed too many tackles and didn't play as well last season as he did in 2018 with a high ankle sprain playing a big role. That said, he's a well-built safety who is competitive lining up over the slot and matching up with tight ends. He picked off seven passes over the past two seasons, has a nose for the football and shows excellent focus when the ball is in the air. And while Delpit needs to be more consistent, he's an aggressive run-stopper. -- Steve Muench

Wonder will he be there for us . It's not that long ago a lot of people thought we would take him the first round

lsd

The Oracle
I wonder where Hurts will go and will he go second round ?

I do think he will be a starting QB in the NFL

lsd

The Oracle
Got Diggs. Think this is gonna be a very good pick.

Looks like it and he can play safety too if needed

Hurts to Eagles is surprising but Wentz does pick up injuries so he should see action .

Funny how i have gone off him now though :lol:

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
That is not a popular pick with Philly fans, it seems. He might get some playtime though.

Dallas is killing it so far.

Last edited:

sport2793

@sport2793 pretty sure Kingsbury didn't create that vacuum of an offensive system. He played under Mike Leach - it's his philosophy and Leach incorporated from Hal Mumme. Tech has been running that offense for twenty years all thanks to Leach. Leach has disciples all over the football landscape.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_raid_offense
https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/2...spreading-everywhere-except-where-it-started/
Where in my post did I say Kingsbury created the Air Raid? Any half-legitimate football fan knows about the origins of the Air Raid :lol: :houllier:

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Where in my post did I say Kingsbury created the Air Raid? Any half-legitimate football fan knows about the origins of the Air Raid :lol: :houllier:
Texas Tech is a relatively small profile university in an extremely competitive market and college football tends to come down to recruiting. Despite this, Kingsbury was able to put together prolific offenses in his time there with lower caliber talent. On top of this, when you look at the list of quarterbacks he has worked with, there are few coaches that can match him. The quarterback that probably played the most under Kingsbury is no other than one Patrick Mahomes, the best QB in the NFL right now. His defenses were always a shambles but the Cards didn't hire him to coach defense anyways (although I remain unconvinced by Vance Joseph for obvious reasons).
Just seemed as if you were giving Kingsbury OTT credit for a vacuum offense as if he were some mastermind. No offense meant.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
The Jets get Mims. Two notably high risk/high reward guys, but if they pan out it would be a remarkable first 2 rounds for them.

Jack-C20

Not sure about that second Packers pick either. Looks like a tank but not one of our more urgent positional needs.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
Can't decide if Denver is better off going for O line positions or defensive. Leaning towards the former.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Dallas takes OU DT Gallimore. Hell, I’m going to have to stop hating them now.

Decent value pick, BTW. They’re still winning the draft.

BIGbadBOO4

Howie Roseman blink twice if you have been kidnapped.
I have stayed up twice to watch the Eagles pick and both times I have been stunned with how bad the picks have been. I have been classically conditioned and anytime the draft is mentioned from now on I will sit in a corner slowly rocking and crying.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
As if the Cowboys managed to get Diggs at #51

Ravens drafting very well too. It feels like they've had a million picks already.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Why are the Packers drafting 6th-round TEs and not decking receivers. Madness. I'm done.

Status
Not open for further replies.