NFL 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neo_Mufc

Someone has put Josh Jacobs on the trading block. Should I go for him? Gurley is my 2nd choice RB. Murray on bench picked up good points.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool

Good thread on the (lack of) value of RBs.

carpy

Puff the magic dragon

He has a point but I'm not sure why you'd begin making that point with the Browns when the next guy up is Hunt and they're sharing the role anyway.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018

Better late than never!

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
GET THE FECK INNNNNNNNNN :keano:

No Nuk and short on picks, but he won’t damage us any further now.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Too late to salvage the next couple years of Deshaun, but at least they did it. Eric the Enemy will have his pick of several teams with the way this season is going.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Crennel will be interim HC for the remainder of the season, hmm.

Might be better to go 0-16 and trade the Lawrence pick to a team for multiple first rounders or something like that :lol:

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Crennel will be interim HC for the remainder of the season, hmm.

Might be better to go 0-16 and trade the Lawrence pick to a team for multiple first rounders or something like that :lol:
Isn’t that Miami’s pick from the Tunsil trade? You don’t need a QB or that great OT from Oregon after extending Tunsil if that’s any consolation...

drdoityourself

Dolphins own Texans' 1st and 2nd round pick in the next draft. That could be a top 10 pick at least. That Tunsil trade could become even more of a catastrophe.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
What the hell just happened? I’m all for calls going against the Pats, but that looked like a clear turnover by Mahomes.

Maybe they called him down in the grasp and the whistle was late.

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
Imagine if the Packers actually drafted a WR in the 1st round. So many good receivers in this past draft class too. Rodgers playing against a banged-up Falcons secondary, but still. His best receivers are Marques Valdes-Scantling and fecking Robert Tonyan.

Neo_Mufc

Dunno how but I've managed to claw back into my draft match. I need 12 points to win. I have Todd gurley and Aaron Rodgers (what a guy)

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
He has a point but I'm not sure why you'd begin making that point with the Browns when the next guy up is Hunt and they're sharing the role anyway.
Huh? Hunt is an amazing backup RB. Actually shows the value of RBs.
No it doesn't. This is not on Hunt, Cleveland set a rushing total best without Chubb and Hunt just kept his regular role with only 11 carries. Johnson had 13 and Hilliard had 5, so Johnson (yeah, who?) out-carried and out-rushed Hunt after Chubb went down.

The best example is the Panthers winning 2 games without CMC after paying him, while Mike Davis (not exactly an RB1 guy ever in his career) has taken over his role without breaking too much of a sweat.

drdoityourself

Cam showing Patriots how much they need him. He'll surely get a big contract.

Bit of a let down these two games, thought the Atlanta offense would keep up for a bit longer against Packers. And these QB's for the Patriots just never looked like making this exciting in the long run.

This ESPN Monday night crew is brutal. Can't pronounce some names and got Ryan and Rodgers repeatedly mixed up. Too many plays where they just get the call wrong. And being three instead of two the chemistry is a bit off and forced.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Imagine if the Packers actually drafted a WR in the 1st round. So many good receivers in this past draft class too. Rodgers playing against a banged-up Falcons secondary, but still. His best receivers are Marques Valdes-Scantling and fecking Robert Tonyan.
Probably still be 4-0, tbh.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Probably still be 4-0, tbh.
True, but at least they'd have 1st and 2nd round talent surrounding him for the playoff run-in and the next few years. Now they drafted his back-up (who's been a healthy scratch the first few weeks) and a fecking RB they don't even use and/or need since they have one of the best dual-threat and Redzone backs in the league and a capable back-up for said player.

Their draft was mind-boggling on the moment itself and it's still the same right now.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Are more people beginning to accept that individual RBs really don’t have an awful lot of value?

YAMS49

Are more people beginning to accept that individual RBs really don’t have an awful lot of value?
It's flaming obvious. No franchise should EVER draft a RB in the top 10 pick range, I don't care how good that player is. There are far more valuable slots to fill.

YAMS49

True, but at least they'd have 1st and 2nd round talent surrounding him for the playoff run-in and the next few years. Now they drafted his back-up (who's been a healthy scratch the first few weeks) and a fecking RB they don't even use and/or need since they have one of the best dual-threat and Redzone backs in the league and a capable back-up for said player.

Their draft was mind-boggling on the moment itself and it's still the same right now.
A real head scratcher wasn't it. They have a very small window with Rodgers, they should have traded up for one of the stacked class 1st round receivers. When they did finally trade up I thought it had to be receiver and then the Love pick came in.... Wow.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!

In all honesty, LaFleur seems a good hire and this is a talented Packers team, I'm just going to try to enjoy one of my sports teams doing well for now :lol:

Also, a friend's a Texans fan and is equally delighted that BOB has gone. Hopefully the batshit decisions stop now and Watson gets the team he deserves.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
A real head scratcher wasn't it. They have a very small window with Rodgers, they should have traded up for one of the stacked class 1st round receivers. When they did finally trade up I thought it had to be receiver and then the Love pick came in.... Wow.
Even if they hadn't traded up - Higgins, Shenault, Pittman Jr., Mims, Jefferson, Edwards were all available and would've been decent picks too.

Raoul

Admin
Staff

Some good points made, but you would have to wonder whether the specific teams/situations he cites are simply down to the teams having well executing offenses with productive offensive lines. He also doesn't mention a decent counterpoint to the running back argument, which is that most successful QBs aren't drafted top 10 either.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Some good points made, but you would have to wonder whether the specific teams/situations he cites are simply down to the teams having well executing offenses with productive offensive lines. He also doesn't mention a decent counterpoint to the running back argument, which is that most successful QBs aren't drafted top 10 either.
No but once you get "your guy", the value over replacement is way higher than with RBs and that's the most important thing to take away from the discussion imo.

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
I was surprised how gritty the Patriots were.
They might have had a chance with a proper QB.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
No but once you get "your guy", the value over replacement is way higher than with RBs and that's the most important thing to take away from the discussion imo.
If true, it would be because quarterback is a more highly sought after skill position that affects every part of a teams offense, whereas RBs and WRs are more episodical and ancillary in their participation. Some plays they are involved, many others they aren't. QBs are always involved and there is only one of them, which makes finding a very good one much harder.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Fitzpatrick still starting next Sunday. I wonder how many Ls it will take before Tua gets his chance.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Fitzpatrick still starting next Sunday. I wonder how many Ls it will take before Tua gets his chance.
Very soon I would think. Fitzpatrick isn't getting any younger, and even though he's an oddly good runner, its still no match for Tua's speed and mobility. Plus he can throw as well.

Sylar

Worried that will cost Rodgers... again. But so far, so good. Weve had some great weekly performances, and a nice game to go into the bye week.

Status
Not open for further replies.