NFL 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
And the 7 month wait for the new season begins.

Phil

The Bucs D truly were the difference makers tonight. The Chief's O-Line issue has been ongoing all year and they still managed to go 14-2 and get to the Super Bowl. The Bucs D simply outplayed the Chiefs offense all night.
Fully agree I gave them a full stop and an extra line space to emphasise them as I was too lazy to type it all out.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Yes, I’d agree that the Gruden team was better given it had 3 hall of famers on D.
Completely different scheme as well. We are still learning this one & it showed a bit this season, but we’re positioned well.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
The Bucs D truly were the difference makers tonight. The Chief's O-Line issue has been ongoing all year and they still managed to go 14-2 and get to the Super Bowl. The Bucs D simply outplayed the Chiefs offense all night.
Bucs offense didn’t get out of first gear all 2nd half either

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Bucs offense didn’t get out of first gear all 2nd half either
Yep. Part of that was down to not making the right adjustments to deal with the Bucs pass rush. Mahomes should've been using more screens and short passes to alleviate the pressure, but somehow found himself running for his life while the longer patters were developing. Credit to the Bucs DL and LBs though. Barrett, Pierre-Paul, and Suh in particular.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Champa Bay. One potential pitching move away from holding three trophies simultaneously.

Neo_Mufc

I was not expecting that result at all. Chiefs got an absolute whooping.

RooneyLegend

This is a huge challenge to the other teams in the NFL since the other team's thought you could get it done with no defence and just a great offense. The Bucks have shown that both side's of the ball still matter.

RedDevilRoshi

Just can’t get over on how exceptional that Buccs defence was tonight. They absolutely suffocated that Chiefs offence and made them look very average.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Yep. Part of that was down to not making the right adjustments to deal with the Bucs pass rush. Mahomes should've been using more screens and short passes to alleviate the pressure, but somehow found himself running for his life while the longer patters were developing. Credit to the Bucs DL and LBs though. Barrett, Pierre-Paul, and Suh in particular.
Bucs front 7 was fantastic but nobody on that D had a bad game.

Perfect game by the Bucs - as close as.

mu4c_20le

This is a huge challenge to the other teams in the NFL since the other team's thought you could get it done with no defence and just a great offense. The Bucks have shown that both side's of the ball still matter.
Eh, I thought Superbowl 50 already showed that.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Need to get that stadium thing sorted out or they'll be leaving this area before the end of decade. I hope they'll eventually do that Ybor proposal (with the soccer pitch to attract MLS interest).
Always wanted the stadium at the Al Lang location on the water, just down the road from the current shithole, but Ybor wouldn’t be bad at all. It will be tough sledding to try to get traction for a new stadium if Covid persists, but probably equally as difficult for another locale to build a stadium for them.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
The screens and short passes were getting blown up from the start. Not sure what you’re expecting Mahomes to do there.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
The screens and short passes were getting blown up from the start. Not sure what you’re expecting Mahomes to do there.
They should've kept calling plays that prevented him from holding the ball for more than a couple of seconds since they knew the Bucs would be swarming him all night long.

okLaptop1

Supports
Minnesota Vikings
MVP: Patrick Mahomes
OPOTY: Dalvin Cook
DPOTY: Minkah Fitzpatrick
OROY: Clyde Edwards-Helaire

DROY: Chase Young
CPOTY: Alex Smith (any game time at all should get him the award)
COTY: Bill Belichick

NFC North: Packers
NFC East: Eagles
NFC South: Saints
NFC West: Seahawks
Wild card I: Bucs
Wild card II: Vikings
Wild card III: 49ers

AFC North: Ravens (5th seed)
AFC East: Patriots
AFC South: Texans

AFC West: Chiefs
Wild card I: Steelers (Division winners)
Wild card II: Bills (Division winners)
Wild card III: Titans (Division winners)

NFC Championship game: Bucs at Seahawks
AFC Championship game: Texans at Chiefs

Super Bowl LV: Chiefs over Bucs and it won't be close (Actually the reverse)

Super Bowl LV MVP: Frank Clark
Pretty bad all round, also why the hell didn't I pick Aaron Donald to win DPOTY. Also, wtf Tom Brady, that's enough.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Pretty bad all round, also why the hell didn't I pick Aaron Donald to win DPOTY. Also, wtf Tom Brady, that's enough.
Your AFC & NFC picks aren’t all that bad in a wild year, and a Steelers’ player should’ve won DPOTY 100% (though not the one you picked).

Status
Not open for further replies.