NFL 2023

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
-
The cameos he’s had have been horrific. Dude just ain’t gonna cut it. Not his fault he was taken so high & the draft picks that had to have been given up.

It’s okay, not everyone makes it in the NFL.
Not sure what you have against the guy but that's just plain wrong.

Last season:
- Enters a game, goes 9-18 throwing with 2 TDs, adds 7 rushes for 41 yards.
- Next game, completes 15-29 for 192 yards and an INT but adds 16 rushes for 89 yards.
- Only plays last game of the season after that, goes 16-23 for 249 yards and 2 TDs, adds 8 rushes for 31 yards.

That is decent - not particularly bad, didn't light it up either. It's probably better than what e.g. Josh Allen showed as a rookie.

This season, he started one game which was an absolute downpour blizzard of rain for which his stats and performance can be disregarded completely. Next game he got injured after three pass attempts. You're writing him off way too early - and that's not me saying he'll succeed in the NFL or that he couldn't become a flop, but at this point we have no idea. And he's in one of the best offenses in the league and only 22 years old.

Calling his cameos "horrific" is simply overstating it.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Rap sheet has just said nothing has happened. Has Wingo beat the 2 big guns to it?

Not sure - Wingo might just be swinging for the fences in the hopes it gets done in the next few days :lol:

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
-
Not sure what you have against the guy but that's just plain wrong.

Last season:
- Enters a game, goes 9-18 throwing with 2 TDs, adds 7 rushes for 41 yards.
- Next game, completes 15-29 for 192 yards and an INT but adds 16 rushes for 89 yards.
- Only plays last game of the season after that, goes 16-23 for 249 yards and 2 TDs, adds 8 rushes for 31 yards.

That is decent - not particularly bad, didn't light it up either. It's probably better than what e.g. Josh Allen showed as a rookie.

This season, he started one game which was an absolute downpour blizzard of rain for which his stats and performance can be disregarded completely. Next game he got injured after three pass attempts. You're writing him off way too early - and that's not me saying he'll succeed in the NFL or that he couldn't become a flop, but at this point we have no idea. And he's in one of the best offenses in the league and only 22 years old.

Calling his cameos "horrific" is simply overstating it.
The capital expended on him demands a higher caliber of play. He is woefully in this regard.

Again, it’s not his fault. He simply will never be a franchise QB. I have doubts he will be an above average QB in the league.

Purdy will easily reacquire his starting position once he is healthy enough.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
The capital expended on him demands a higher caliber of play. He is woefully in this regard.
No, that is not how it works. If you're gonna go down that route you should've said that he has been a bad pick relative to performance (so far). Which I could understand - but you said his play has been "horrific", which I just proved hasn't been the case at all.

It's funny cos Purdy's underlying stats weren't all that either, he was very lucky in categories like turnover-worthy plays and dropped INTs. His position as starter isn't nearly as clear-cut as you make it out to be (it's not even clear he's gonna be fit to start the season anyway).

Again, it’s not his fault. He simply will never be a franchise QB. I have doubts he will be an above average QB in the league.
That's fair. Jury is still out.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
No, that is not how it works. If you're gonna go down that route you should've said that he has been a bad pick relative to performance (so far). Which I could understand - but you said his play has been "horrific", which I just proved hasn't been the case at all.

It's funny cos Purdy's underlying stats weren't all that either, he was very lucky in categories like turnover-worthy plays and dropped INTs. His position as starter isn't nearly as clear-cut as you make it out to be (it's not even clear he's gonna be fit to start the season anyway).
Perhaps I chose an indelicate word when describing his play, but he wasn’t by any means good.

Of course I can discuss that he isn’t close to being the QB that matches the capital expended.

We can dork out on stats or we can use the eye test. I tend to gravitate to the latter.

He ain’t gonna be a good pro. We can agree to disagree on that.

edcunited1878

It will just be a waste of a pick like the Lance pick & the Willis pick, potentially even more so. It’s amazing how tunnel visioned player personnel people can get, here we have less than quality on tape for his one year at UF, but all they appear to be focusing on now are his measurable at the combine.
Yeah, I understand what you're saying.

Other thing to is how young/inexperienced he is in just being around the game and from a leadership standpoint, he's too green and no idea how he's going to pan out or project decently.

You see the issues Lamar and Murray have had at their respective situations. But at least those teams had a clear approach of getting the best out of them, even if the team was hit or miss. Murray is not a good leader in AZ and Kingsbury couldn't get a tune out of him. Lamar and Ravens have a hard time throwing intermediate to deep and no WR is going to go there if it's short and run game all the time to rely on the defense.

Then you look at other QBs who can be successful with time and situation, but I have major doubts about situation for the team that drafts a raw QB like Richardson. Pro ball had overwhelmed even the most physically talented QBs. Just a different demand

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool

This one for the Falcons, Edmunds for the Bears, Hargrave for that scary Niners D-line. All excellent defensive pick-ups by new teams.

whitbyviking

Pleased with the Niners moves so far. More comp picks incoming for Jimmy G and Mike McG too.

Hard to disagree on Lance so far but he’s got approximately zero experience going back to college level, so in theory he’s not a bust yet.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
It’s hilarious how so many of these deals are announced mere hours after the ‘legal tampering’ period started at noon today. The NFL just doesn’t care that all the heavy lifting happens during a restricted time.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon

Wonder why it's the Chargers who are proposing this...

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
https://eu.usatoday.com/story/sport...accusation-against-michael-irvin/11451614002/

“Irvin also reached out and touched the Victim’s arm during this conversation without her consent, causing her to step back, becoming visibly uncomfortable. Irvin then asked the Victim whether she knew anything about having a “big Black man inside of [her]," the lawsuit says.

“Irvin then attempted to grab the Victim’s hand again and said he was ‘sorry if he brought up bad memories’ for her.’ The Victim pulled her hand away and tried to back away from Irvin as he continued to move towards her.”

What a fecking cringey creep :lol:

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Eagles D is getting decimated. Hargrave, Epps and Edwards out the door all in one day. Bradberry and Gardner Johnson probably not far behind. Not heard anything about Kyzir White yet but he is a FA. Sounds like Slay doesn't want to restructure so is on the trade block, and they've got the most dead cap in the league by a distance this season, so will probably struggle to re-sign anyone except White, and maybe Cox if he's not looking for one last big payday.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Eagles D is getting decimated. Hargrave, Epps and Edwards out the door all in one day. Bradberry and Gardner Johnson probably not far behind. Not heard anything about Kyzir White yet but he is a FA. Sounds like Slay doesn't want to restructure so is on the trade block, and they've got the most dead cap in the league by a distance this season, so will probably struggle to re-sign anyone except White, and maybe Cox if he's not looking for one last big payday.
Yep, also new DC, gonna be interesting to see how they perform next season. At least Jason Kelce announced he'll be back for another one, so there's your positive.

Eagles not the only contender getting ripped apart by the way. Bengals lost their two starting safeties yesterday.

whitbyviking

Many teams get shredded every off season.

Seems like the Niners constantly lose a stack of starters to promoted ex members of the coaching staff.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
https://eu.usatoday.com/story/sport...accusation-against-michael-irvin/11451614002/

“Irvin also reached out and touched the Victim’s arm during this conversation without her consent, causing her to step back, becoming visibly uncomfortable. Irvin then asked the Victim whether she knew anything about having a “big Black man inside of [her]," the lawsuit says.

“Irvin then attempted to grab the Victim’s hand again and said he was ‘sorry if he brought up bad memories’ for her.’ The Victim pulled her hand away and tried to back away from Irvin as he continued to move towards her.”

What a fecking cringey creep :lol:
That sucks. He sent a bottle of wine to our room after we shared an elevator & conversation to an upper floor at a Westin in Cleveland. Even as an FSU alum, I always respected the shit out of him.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Getting Rodgers' favorite run blocker in already :D

Really don't get what the Falcons are trying to do. They drafted a unicorn TE in the top 5 and now reunite Jonnu Smith with Arthur Smith (was his OC in Tennessee). Drafted Ridder last year but don't even wanna see what they have it seems and now they've signed Heinicke to a contract - who we know is painfully mediocre.

Jessie Bates is a great pick-up obviously, but they have a lot more problems to fix and I don't see how they're addressing them at the moment.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member

Really don't get what the Falcons are trying to do. They drafted a unicorn TE in the top 5 and now reunite Jonnu Smith with Arthur Smith (was his OC in Tennessee). Drafted Ridder last year but don't even wanna see what they have it seems and now they've signed Heinicke to a contract - who we know is painfully mediocre.

Jessie Bates is a great pick-up obviously, but they have a lot more problems to fix and I don't see how they're addressing them at the moment.
Wouldn't be surprised to see Ridder as QB1 when mini camp starts. Internally, they are very high on him. Heinicke might beat him out, but probably not.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Wouldn't be surprised to see Ridder as QB1 when mini camp starts. Internally, they are very high on him. Heinicke might beat him out, but probably not.

Definitely seems like it yeah - I'm excited to see what Ridder can do, especially since it shouldn't take that much to compete for the NFC South crown next season.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member

Definitely seems like it yeah - I'm excited to see what Ridder can do, especially since it shouldn't take that much to compete for the NFC South crown next season.
Saints have the pole position obvs due to Carr being signed. ATL is second right now, Carolina (right now) & the Bucs is a toss up. Gonna be a down year next year in the south, perhaps even more so than last year.

Evans999

I imagine you'll see Smith doing more of the blocking and Pitts be used in more of a receiver role. I like the heinickie pick up. Proved last year he can come in and hit the ground running If Ridder struggles, better than Mariota anyway.

Jessie is a fantastic pick up. With raiders now having their QB and one less team picking up a QB in the draft I doubt any of the top defense players will be left on the board. Exciting off season so far for us though.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Can’t they just sign Rodgers already? Want him gone so bad.
Yea it's been dragging on for too long. I've become immunised to all the noise surrounding it.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Yea it's been dragging on for too long. I've become immunised to all the noise surrounding it.
It’s fitting, though. The guy is the worst kind of diva there is.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
I imagine you'll see Smith doing more of the blocking and Pitts be used in more of a receiver role. I like the heinickie pick up. Proved last year he can come in and hit the ground running If Ridder struggles, better than Mariota anyway.

Jessie is a fantastic pick up. With raiders now having their QB and one less team picking up a QB in the draft I doubt any of the top defense players will be left on the board. Exciting off season so far for us though.
I wouldn't worry just yet. Raiders could very well trade up for Richardson anyway since he's a prospect that needs developing, could be ideal behind Jimmy G for one or two years. The Cardinals don't need a QB so makes sense for them to trade back, I think.

1. Stroud (Panthers)
2. Young (Texans)
3. Raiders (Richardson)
4. Levis (Colts)
5. Anderson (Seahawks)
6. Wilson (Lions)
7. Cardinals (Carter)

Something like this is very possible, and Carter could drop even further because of his legal issues. If something like this plays out, you'd have your pick between Murphy or Van Ness as Edge rushers, the best O-lineman in the draft (Skoronski, Wright or Johnson Jr.) or the best CB in the draft (Witherspoon, Gonzalez, Porter Jr.), all great pick-ups at #8 imo.