g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

NFL 2023

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Pass interference is such a difficult one. It just depends on your luck that day. There were 2 or 3 in the eagles game that could have been given but the refs were in a we will let them play mood

Charlie Foley

No no it's not bad. It's just that they are out to feck the team you support or help the team you hate.
It’s so unfortunate that’s always the case for all of us.

really though, play after play on that Chiefs drive they got things wrong. Ironically the chaotic fake turnover they did the best it seems

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Chiefs will be playing a road playoff game this year. I don’t see anyone on AFC that can beat the Niners

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
I didn’t equate them. I said one was a makeup call for the other.

And again - you wouldn’t have been at midfield without the awful late hit call.
We'd have been at our 40 yard line with a 1st down and 1 minute to go. It's hardly the most egregious thing I've seen, especially in this game. Calling it "karma" is just ridiculous and you know it.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
What drives me nuts is the insane focus on whether his foot was inbounds or out. At full speed these decisions should not be about whether he was 2 inches in or not. These should only be given if the player is clearly out of bounds

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Aight. This thread is full of trolling wankers. I'm outtie.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Some utterly attrocious reffing down the stretch tonight. Two obvious non-PIs only a couple of plays apart, both blatantly missed. Some questions will be asked in NY.

whitbyviking

Did not expect that from the Niners last night, what a result.

Few takeaways; Greenlaw was stupid, but there is no way there should be a "security guard" in his face like that. Football, as in Premier league, has a lot of problems with discipline, refereeing etc, but there is no way they'd let a random guy interfere with a player like that. Should be a massive fine for not controlling staff. Eagles wouldn't have had the first TD without that.

The "tush push" is basically a rugby maul. Don't the Eagles have a coach with a rugby background?

Deebo had a lot to lose in that match after all the talk. He definitely showed up.

That final hit by Demo Lenoir was an absolute beauty too, type of hit that makes you think twice about being open for a pass :lol:

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Chiefs will be playing a road playoff game this year. I don’t see anyone on AFC that can beat the Niners
Oh come on. They lost to the Browns, Vikings and Bengals this season. They might be the most complete team right now and playing their best football but they are also capable of having an off-day, and Purdy is still relatively inexperienced in the playoffs. Plus the Eagles have the opportunity to adjust things after last night's game.

Ravens and Chiefs in the AFC, Eagles and perhaps Lions in the NFC are their biggest challengers at the moment imo. I was really rooting for them in the SB against the Chiefs but they've kinda become unlikeable for me since, and the way they handled their defeat last season. A Chiefs-Niners rematch in the SB would be a tough one to experience.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Also, sustaining a hamstring injury while trying to give yourself up inbounds is the most Christian Watson thing ever.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Did not expect that from the Niners last night, what a result.

Few takeaways; Greenlaw was stupid, but there is no way there should be a "security guard" in his face like that. Football, as in Premier league, has a lot of problems with discipline, refereeing etc, but there is no way they'd let a random guy interfere with a player like that. Should be a massive fine for not controlling staff. Eagles wouldn't have had the first TD without that.

The "tush push" is basically a rugby maul. Don't the Eagles have a coach with a rugby background?

Deebo had a lot to lose in that match after all the talk. He definitely showed up.

That final hit by Demo Lenoir was an absolute beauty too, type of hit that makes you think twice about being open for a pass :lol:
Dom is the Eagles head of security for coaches and players, he's been on the sidelines for several years, and with the team for 25 years, I wouldn't consider him a random guy. Securing players and coaches on the sidelines, and elsewhere, is considered his job. The NFL can object to that, but they haven't up to now. He broke up a scuffle on the sidelines in a game last season, which there was no beef with. He separated the melee with Greenlaw and Smith which happened right infront of him on the sidelines, off the field. That should have been it, and if it was, nothing happens, no ejections. Somehow Greenlaw throwing a hand towards his face got them both ejected. Personally, I think both ejections were excessive. Greenlaw's hand looked like a misjudged point as he seems to retract it immediately, Dom stood between Greenlaw and his player and pointed back. It was handbags, just stick with the original penalty on the suplex tackle, and move on.

Brotherly Shove is the best play in football. But it's the final season of it for sure. Word is Goodell wants it gone. I wonder how they'll ban it. Are they gonna ban all QB sneaks, or just ones with tush pushing? If it's the latter, surely they'd have to re-ban all pushing of the ball carrier, which will have a seismic impact across the game.