N'Golo Kante | Chelsea Player

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
Loyal? He was there for less than a year, won them the league and they made a £25 million profit! I don't think he owes them anything.
Precisely. Too many fans see loyalty as a one-way thing in football. Leicester gave him a chance in England and he's more than rewarded them, even if he had left for nothing.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
Very good signing for Chelsea.

But it must mean Matic is off.....you don't need Kante and Matic without european football.
Surprised he wasn't more loyal to Leicester tbh
I know football is a business and a short career but would have been nice if he gave them one more season before leaving...a bit like what Gareth bale did
If he would have been terrible for Leicester last season....i doubt Leicester would have been loyal to him.

stepic

He's a fool IMO.
Not really. Chelsea are the bigger team, he will probably earn more, not like he's come through the ranks for Leicester. Last season was an anomoloy for both clubs, and I think he probably knows it.

Loublaze

ATLien
Not really. Chelsea are the bigger team, he will probably earn more, not like he's come through the ranks for Leicester. Last season was an anomoloy for both clubs, and I think he probably knows it.
Leicester will probably finish above Chelsea next season. Their biggest weapon is Ranieri and people seem to forget this when they dismiss them. I see them pushing for a top four finish next season. Some of the signings they've made will make a big impact

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Leicester will probably finish above Chelsea next season. Their biggest weapon is Ranieri and people seem to forget this when they dismiss them. I see them pushing for a top four finish next season. Some of the signings they've made will make a big impact
Probably not.

stepic

Yeah, incredibly unlikely they finish ahead of Chelsea. Particularly with no Kante and likely Mahrez.

tentan

Poor man's poster.
Chelsea have finally replaced Essien. But good singing for them no doubt.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
It's crazy though. I never heard of Kante before the season. I never even saw his name passing by in FM. And then out of fecking nowhere the little guy starts bossing the PL like there's no tomorrow. :lol:

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
Chelsea have finally replaced Essien. But good singing for them no doubt.
And Conte might have his Vidal for Chelsea. And unrelated the best box to box midfielders I have seen in recent years is Essien at Lyon and his first three years at Chelsea, Vidal at Leverkusen and first three years at Juve and Kante last season.

Hemil

Supports
Chelsea
I think it means Mikel now moves back to the bench.

Does this signing mean Matic and Kante with Cesc further forward, or will Conte roll out 3-5-2?
Hopefully Matic moves to Juve as a Pogba replacement :)
Conte just said it yesterday that he wants players like Kante, Matic, Mikel who can build up the energy of the team and have a lot of stamina to play a midfield 2 which he wants to. That makes me thinking he wants to keep Matic.

Bamboozler

As has been said, he performed his duties to the Nth degree by helping Leicester win the Premier League. You can't begrudge him moving on to a more stable club with no doubt a ridiculous wage. If he had been there for 10+ years it may be a different story, but he's done well for Leicester. In my opinion (and I said it in earlier threads) I think he would've been a good purchase for us, but with that said, after watching the Euro's the French team looked more dynamic with Sissoko in there than Kante, so perhaps cashing in on him now is a good thing for Leicester.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Chelsea will be a horrid team to get anything out of next season. Even if they don't contend for the title, they'll be a team who have a big say on where it goes.

Conté is a shrewd coach and he's going to get the best out of Kanté in his system.

I can't believe how many people were against the idea of him coming here. Even the arguments about him being 'no good' against teams who will sit deep and require your side to break them down make absolutely no sense whatsoever; he's the guy that shuts down their counter-attacking attempts, and recycles the ball, once more, to the creators in your team to have another crack. His concerted pressure helps in a myriad of ways, which is why the linear thinking in regards to him is absurd.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Disappointed that we didn't try and get him instead. Good signing for Chelsea,

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
The way this is written makes me think that he may have actually written it himself!

I cringed a few times reading it this morning. :lol:

I pray that Conte is smart enough not to play him in a midfield 2 with Cesc. He'd have to do the work of two players and would struggle.

NK86

And Conte might have his Vidal for Chelsea. And unrelated the best box to box midfielders I have seen in recent years is Essien at Lyon and his first three years at Chelsea, Vidal at Leverkusen and first three years at Juve and Kante last season.
Kante is nothing like Vidal. Not sure where you got that sort of comparison apart from the fact that they both run a lot. Kante is more like Makelele if there is a former player he can be compared to.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
The comments after his between the LFC and CFC supporters are entertaining.

Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk! :smirk:
no self respecting Leicester City fan has ever or will ever use the phrase "butthurt" about a player leaving, we've been through far too much with the club

BlueCelery

Supports
Chelsea

Looks pretty impressive already, some superb diagonals in that game. If he adds that to his game then we're talking one of the World's best midfielders.

Will be interesting to see how he progresses individually under Conte. He's easily one of the most dominant players I've ever seen defensively but there's still question marks about whether his passing is expansive enough.

Member 5225

Apparently we were in for him:
http://metro.co.uk/2016/09/01/ngolo...elsea-after-talks-with-jose-mourinho-6105083/

‘It was amazing to have Mourinho call me, even though I’d been warned before how he would appeal to me,’ said Kante.

‘I listened to his arguments about why I should move to United.

‘But at that time I was hesitant between staying at Leicester or leaving for Chelsea.

‘My discussions with them were already well underway. But when I spoke, I had a good feeling with Conte.’

3KDré

It's alright...we've got Fellaini and TFM for the future.

ChaddyP

http://metro.co.uk/2016/09/01/ngolo...elsea-after-talks-with-jose-mourinho-6105083/

‘It was amazing to have Mourinho call me, even though I’d been warned before how he would appeal to me,’ said Kante.

‘But at that time I was hesitant between staying at Leicester or leaving for Chelsea.

‘My discussions with them were already well underway. But when I spoke, I had a good feeling with Conte.’
would have been a nice partner with Pogba. But I'm happy with whp we have

Trizy

Thank god we were in for him, I thought we were absolutely stupid not to be. I don't see why someone would chose Chelsea over United though, maybe it would've been different had we signed Pogba first.

How has he been playing? Haven't watched Cheslea yet.

Jacky Quacky

made eight consecutive posts about Fellaini once
If only he knew we would be getting Zlatan and Pogba then he would've probably changed his mind.

3KDré

Thank god we were in for him, I thought we were absolutely stupid not to be. I don't see why someone would chose Chelsea over United though, maybe it would've been different had we signed Pogba first.

How has he been playing? Haven't watched Cheslea yet.
London.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan

Damn!!!! Damn!!!!

Just combed in Pogba thread that I wished we had gone for him as pairing up with Pogba was an obvious move .... and its clear Mourinho did. Kante is such a wonderful player.

Damn, damn, damn.

Kante made the wrong choice there. I think Mourinho will be more successful than Conte, and more than that, playing alongside Pogba with Martial in front (and perhaps Greizeman to come next year) would have made that mini group virtually unplayable at international level.