Nicholas Jackson

RedDevilQuebecois

Should I rank THAT as an equal to one of the 2 worst mares that Romelu Lukaku had had so far? That has to be right up there with either Belgium/Croatia in 2022 or Inter/City in last year's European Cup final.

YOU BLEW IT! YOU HAD IT ALL AND YOU BLEW IT!

Malkovich

He is what Darwin would look like in a lower output team like Chelsea.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
You can tell by the hair that he has an attitude problem
This was a sliding doors moment for me….part of me wanted to say “Ok grandpa calm down”, and the other part agreed with you.

I think I just became old

LDUred

Despite the wretched finishing, he does look a handful to play against.

Off the ball movement, workrate, hold up and link up play are all excellent. The runs in behind in particular.

It could just be a case of giving him time and finding him the right strike partner. He does have potential and Chelsea play better when he is in the XI.

Last edited:

E-mal

Better than Drogba they said
No current striker is better than Drogba, he had everything. May be Lewandoski but Drogba has more pace and individual abilities but Lewandoski was a better finisher.

redNATION

Off the ball movement, workrate, hold up and link up play are all excellent. The runs in behind in particular.

It could just be a case of giving him time and finding him the right strike partner. He does have potential and Chelsea play better when he is in the XI.
He’s more of a handful than Hjolund, he ran Stones ragged.

tomaldinho1

He’s more of a handful than Hjolund, he ran Stones ragged.
Rapid acceleration will always be troublesome for any CB unless they are equally quick, issue is he’s been so poor infront of goal there’s almost an expectation now that he’ll mess up.

Oranges038

Kevin Davies was a handful to play against and so is Nunez.

Jackson has poor composure in front of goal, he's just not clinical enough. He'll still score on average 15 goals a season, but it'll take him close to 100 chances to get that.

erikcred

You can tell by the hair that he has an attitude problem
The hair says nothing. He's a terrible striker. At least at the moment.

I think Palmer, Foden and Garnacho with their varying versions of the Friar Tuck have far worse hairstyles. Lucky for them they're supremely gifted footballers.

didz

Jackson has poor composure in front of goal, he's just not clinical enough. He'll still score on average 15 goals a season, but it'll take him close to 100 chances to get that.
That would be almost exactly the average conversion rate for a striker, and is more or less what he's on course for.

He'll have high profile misses because he's very, very good at getting on the end of chances. But the speed at which he's going through the match and particularly to get into these positions makes him quite headless at times. If he starts slowing it down a bit now and then he could be pretty lethal.

LDUred

Kevin Davies was unfashionable as hell but he was a good target man. Averaged about 8 or 9 league goals a season for a decade while working his bollocks off for a long ball team. Nuñez is rapid and direct but he hasn't truly capitalized on his potential yet, but he probably will eventually break through.

Jackson I think has the potential to be a top striker but he's still raw. I just find the hammering he's taking really excessive. A game ago he played extremely well, got a goal and an assist. It just seems fashionable to knock him, but Chelsea play better when he's making those runs in behind and breaking the offside trap. His style of play is good for transitional football and he could become a success in time.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
No current striker is better than Drogba, he had everything. May be Lewandoski but Drogba has more pace and individual abilities but Lewandoski was a better finisher.
Kane is better. Drogba was a handful but his goalscoring wasn’t that elite. In that regard he’s a tad overrated due to the fact he scored some massive goals. There’s a fairly long list of strikers I’d have taken over him though.

jakko

Supports
Chelsea

Finally a good take

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
This whole “he’s a handful, he’s quick, he has the high xG, it will all come to life at some point” can be said for about half the strikers in world football playing for the bigger clubs.

Most of them are just tall and fast. Can’t really head the ball, can’t really score goals.

Oranges038

Kevin Davies was unfashionable as hell but he was a good target man. Averaged about 8 or 9 league goals a season for a decade while working his bollocks off for a long ball team. Nuñez is rapid and direct but he hasn't truly capitalized on his potential yet, but he probably will eventually break through.

Jackson I think has the potential to be a top striker but he's still raw. I just find the hammering he's taking really excessive. A game ago he played extremely well, got a goal and an assist. It just seems fashionable to knock him, but Chelsea play better when he's making those runs in behind and breaking the offside trap. His style of play is good for transitional football and he could become a success in time.
Nunez is never going to come good, because he doesn't have that killer instinct in front of goal. He doesn't know what he wants to do and just tries to smash it every time.

Jackson is the same for me, doesn't have a that strikers instinct to know where he's putting the ball before he shoots. He'll score goals like that one the other night, but he'll always miss easier chances.

The best strikers you always see them have that extra split second where they set themselves to shoot and have a little look where they want to put the ball. Neither Jackson or Nunez have that.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff

We used to say the same about Danny Welbeck. But at least he had moments where he’d score bangers

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
He looks like whatever he's going to become will take a few years yet and in the meantime that this platform is top big for him - like, these growing pains and developmental issues should be played out in a lesser division or via substitute appearances against tired defences.

Infuriating as a lead striker at the minute.

Seven Seas Sardines

Nunez is never going to come good, because he doesn't have that killer instinct in front of goal. He doesn't know what he wants to do and just tries to smash it every time.

Jackson is the same for me, doesn't have a that strikers instinct to know where he's putting the ball before he shoots. He'll score goals like that one the other night, but he'll always miss easier chances.

The best strikers you always see them have that extra split second where they set themselves to shoot and have a little look where they want to put the ball. Neither Jackson or Nunez have that.
Exactly. The amount of excuses that are made for players who just lack the most important attribute for a striker is incredible.

I celebrated like winning a cup when the dippers wasted 100m on Nuñez instead of us. He's a hit and hope donkey and will always be one, just like Jackson and Rashford.

bringbackbebe

Pre-season Drogba turned Manucho. Had high expectations for him but so far looks like the Mudryk of strikers.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa

You have just described Olie Watkins of a season ago. Before Emery worked on his weaknesses. Under the right coaching a Nunez can vastly improve his shot selection with hard work. Jackson too can be polished.

I remember how in less than 6 months under Ancelotti DCL of Everton (pre injury woes) went from a blunt as Cameron Jerome to a reliable box threat and finisher

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
He’s actually passed the point of schadenfreude for me. It angers me how shit he is at finishing.