3.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

NK86

3 touches in over 20 minutes. Staggering stuff. LVG must be taking the piss with this guy.
LVG has lost the plot I feel. Not even bringing on Young when we are so ravaged with injuries. I think he has taken his position here for granted and that seems to have rubbed off on the players. No passion. No energy. Sick and tired of this shite. First time I switched off my TV before the final whistle because I cannot bear listening to that sack of shite giving more excuses.

FromTheBench

3 touches in over 20 minutes. Staggering stuff. LVG must be taking the piss with this guy.
He was brought on at striker and teams legs and composure had gone by then.

Fellaini was like our only hope of doing something and he took him off this time and not the poor mata.

Last time when Mata was playing well he took him off instead.

It's just bewildering.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Absolute bizarre stuff. Why would you take Fellaini off then expect Nick Powell to the job Fellaini does? Feel sorry for Powell. He's being asked to do something that's just not his game.

El Zoido

Strange substitutions. Against Wolfsburg he should have put Powell on for Fellaini and left Mata on. Today he should have put Powell on for Mata and kept Fellaini on. Except he did the exact opposite.

m1tch

What on earth has bought about this involvement of Powell in the first team all of a sudden. Apart from having one injury up front and shipping out 5 attackers this summer, whilst bringing in just 1.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Can't blame the player for being invisible when he came on. It was the wrong call to take of the main link in midfield and replace him with Powell down the guts. Kid and United never had a chance of doing anything useful at that point. If he wanted to put Powell on, he should have replaced someone like Mata

Boycott

Apparently he has bad form for hitting the bottle. Van Gaal probably sorting him out with some appearance money. What a man, what a manager!!

not serious

Ryan7

I'd love to know the reasoning behind bringing Powell on twice as a sub when he's not played for us for over a year. Van Gaal expecting a notable contribution is just ridiculous.

clarkydaz

ok my logic says that LVG has used all his options for creating and isn't working, so he is using Powell as dark horse to produce something we havnt seen before

m1y2

I'd love to know the reasoning behind bringing Powell on twice as a sub when he's not played for us for over a year. Van Gaal expecting a notable contribution is just ridiculous.
especially when Van Gaal always states how players need to be ready condition wise... but some start no matter what ie Rooney or now Powell because he actually doesnt have anyone else which is obviously only his mistake he didnt bring a striker in, wouldnt mind rashford but LVG thinks hes good as widemand for him.. Powell doesnt look like any good in the air to justify him being no9 all of a sudden. I understand he spent some time there in wigan on loan and didnt do badly but this is too much for me..

And mabye its just giggs idea to play him

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Well he is going to continue having not played for over a year if you don't sub him on. How else is he going to change that he hasn't played in over a year?

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Well he is going to continue having not played for over a year if you don't sub him on. How else is he going to change that he hasn't played in over a year?
A loan? Or perhaps don't bring him on when we're struggling, bring him on in more comfortable games or less important ones?

Alock1

When was the last time we even had one of those?
You're right, but then he doesn't play. Unless he has the quality to impose himself in games like this, he shouldn't be getting any game time in them.

Alock1

Loan out even more options? We're already fecked with all the injuries which is forcing him to play in the first place. Those games don't exist.
They existed in the Carling Cup but he chose not to play him. And even in the league United should have games where we are a few goals up, coasting and can afford to play him. That they don't exist is Van Gaal's fault, not unavoidable circumstances.

limerickcitykid

They existed in the Carling Cup but he chose not to play him. And even in the league United should have games where we are a few goals up, coasting and can afford to play him. That they don't exist is Van Gaal's fault, not unavoidable circumstances.
Powell hadn't returned for the Carling Cup games. That isn't Powell's fault, so because the rest of the team can't finish games off Powell should just never get to play?

Ryan7

Bringing him on for 20 minute cameo appearances isn't going to change anything is it? Especially given it's in games in which we're struggling.

ZDwyr

Strange sub again by LvG. Powell didn't really get involved either.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
It's kind of like on FIFA when you remember you have a generic youth player in your squad that you haven't played for three seasons that you've forgotten about, so you decide to give him some game-time again for a laugh.

Art Vandelay

I'm baffled as to the suddenness of his return and have been annoyed at decisions to send him on for the players he has replaced. I'm finding myself often almost lamenting Powell himself for it. Then I remember he's a kid we should be getting behind and hoping he makes it. LVG is doing him no favours throwing him on the way he is. It can't be doing his confidence any good feeling almost like a scapegoat or that we don't want to see him coming on. When in fact we are just baffled by what the hell LVG is playing at.

Sylar

Its been mentioned, but LVG talks about match rhthym a lot and thats why some players arent thrown in. But then to throw in Powell in arguably our biggest match so far (Wolfsburg) was madness.

Then to put him on for Fellaini (who was actually playing well it looked like and getting into positions that were awkward for the defenders) did Powell no favours. I want Powell to succeed but wasnt he injured, whats caused him to jump ahead of the likes of Young?

Its like LVG is hoping for a "Krul at the world cup" moment.

LVG is trying to find him a new club like Valdes.
This. He did it a lot earlier on in his tenure here. Random players would inexplicably get game time to see if they were up to it or not, and then a few weeks later they would be gone. January is just around the corner and i'll bet money Powell will be up for sale.

A must win CL game and van Gaal thinks we should play Powell to get a few extra hundred thousand? That is certainly what happened.
How did you get that conclusion from what @Bojan11 and I said? LVG wants to see if he's up to it or not before the January window opens, and this is the first chance he's had. It's looking like he's not, so he will be out. The extra game time just helps attract buyers.

POF

He needed a striker and currently Powell is it. The move was to get Martial wide and play someone else up front. It wasn't a bad move in theory. The problem was the summer transfer window leaving the club so ridiculously short of forward options that you have to throw Powell into an important role in really crucial games. It really was negligent and will cost the club dearly this season.

limerickcitykid

How did you get that conclusion from what @Bojan11 and I said? LVG wants to see if he's up to it or not before the January window opens, and this is the first chance he's had. It's looking like he's not, so he will be out. The extra game time just helps attract buyers.
Well Bojan11 saying he is trying to find him a new club insinuates he has already decided to sell him. A must win Champions league match still isn't a game a manager uses to see if someone is up to it. The more likely reason is van Gaal looked at the bench and saw Powell is the only forward and would offer the most goal threat.

El Zoido

How many touches does he have in two games? Surely under 5?
According to republik of mancunia, against Wolfsburg he completed only four passes - one of which was in the final third, and against Bournemouth he complete one of two attempted passed, neither of which were in the final third. He had no shots, no crosses, no tackles, nothing else except those six attempted passes.

Stretford End Phil

According to republik of mancunia, against Wolfsburg he completed only four passes - one of which was in the final third, and against Bournemouth he complete one of two attempted passed, neither of which were in the final third. He had no shots, no crosses, no tackles, nothing else except those six attempted passes.
The well-spring for incoherent wailing and much gnashing of teeth.

Minkaro

I think he should be out on loan. He does need game time, but with us at the moment. Can we recall Wilson in Jan, and send Powell out instead?

kundalini

Fourfourtwo have his CL stats as 4 completed passes out of 12 attempts, 3 shots of which 2 were blocked and one miles off target, and he won 2 headers so I make that at least 17 touches against Wolfsburg.

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/statszon...VERALL_02#tabs-wrapper-anchor#:iKwaQwpNdnL2uA

kundalini

Barca84

Supports
Doesn't support Barca
I think he should be out on loan. He does need game time, but with us at the moment. Can we recall Wilson in Jan, and send Powell out instead?
Judging by his antics at Leicester it seems he thinks he's too good to be out on loan

Status
Not open for further replies.