3.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

khoazany

Powell is the best choice for a goal threat substitution among the choices LVG currently have.It didn't work out but I'm amazed at the abuse Nick received.

That saying I don't really expect him to make it.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Powell was absolute class tonight in the 6-1 reserves win, really hoping he can take some of they ability over to the first team, he certainly has the talent to make it here.

ivaldo

so he is fast gaining his fitness. excellent.
Yup, worked his arse off too, really had the bit between his teeth, he looks twice the player to the one who played in the Norwich reserve match just a few weeks ago. Genuinely the most polished performance I've seen at this level for a long while.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
Yup, worked his arse off too, really had the bit between his teeth, he looks twice the player to the one who played in the Norwich reserve match just a few weeks ago. Genuinely the most polished performance I've seen at this level for a long while.
when he first came to us, I was very impressed with what I saw of him. Hopefulyy he will be a key player for us.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
Powell was absolute class tonight in the 6-1 reserves win, really hoping he can take some of they ability over to the first team, he certainly has the talent to make it here.
Where did he play?

Litch

There's a player in there but again some of these lads need a run of games that I just don't feel he's going to get unless he has an outstanding cameo for first team and then continues to build on that. Not easy for a young player as we've seen on many occasions....

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
The one gripe with Powell before he disappeared on loan was that he seemed to drift through games and didn't really apply himself.

Ignoring the ridiculous sub appearances where he was doomed to fail in the roles he was given, he's looking like a man with a point to prove. He's suddenly got that fire in his belly. He got injured playing for the reserves a couple of years ago, right before Adnan broke through, and he was the best player every game prior to that. Then Adnan sort of picked up that mantle in Powells absence. The talent is there and it looks like the hunger is suddenly there. I really hope he kicks on.

Like I said though, I'm not critical of his recent sub appearances at all. He is being brought on and playing as a target man on the last defender, it's just ridiculous.

ivaldo

The one gripe with Powell before he disappeared on loan was that he seemed to drift through games and didn't really apply himself.

Ignoring the ridiculous sub appearances where he was doomed to fail in the roles he was given, he's looking like a man with a point to prove. He's suddenly got that fire in his belly. He got injured playing for the reserves a couple of years ago, right before Adnan broke through, and he was the best player every game prior to that. Then Adnan sort of picked up that mantle in Powells absence. The talent is there and it looks like the hunger is suddenly there. I really hope he kicks on.

Like I said though, I'm not critical of his recent sub appearances at all. He is being brought on and playing as a target man on the last defender, it's just ridiculous.
In the game against Norwich reserves he was flying into challenges and looking so pumped up, at the time it seemed like he was just being a bit of a dick but now it does seem like that hunger and aggression similar to Rooney in his younger years. I know a lad who played that night for Norwich and they didn't want to go near him. Now he's finding a bit of sharpness too he could genuinely make an impact on the first team in the near future.

FromTheBench

He definitely has plenty of talent.

Dunno, where he is totally shit and what not theory comes from.

m1y2

the problem with Powell was always his attitude, yesterday he showed he can chase the ball even at the last minute of the game, long may it continue and he can find a decent club for him. While I dont think he wouldnt do any worse on for fellaini, maybe its a bit too late for him to make it here, we will see if he gets any more chances with that big injury list..

BTW I absloutely wouldn't mind him there up top or anywhere for rooney, saying this, he would be good enough for us by that standard..

ivaldo

If he works out or not, he is exactly the type of player LVG likes to play at number 10
He really is, a goalscorer with strength to hold onto the ball in tight spaces, has a fair bit of vision about him too.

izec

His talent was obvious, and I always criticised his attitude. Seems to be over it, I hoped the lad would understand the seriousness of the situation and that his contract is up soon. Finally starts to show what he is made of, love it. Keep it up Nicky boy. A few good games here and there pushing his fitness levels, I can see him making the next steps quite quickly if he shows that new determination and hunger regularly

Barca84

Supports
Doesn't support Barca
The way things have been going I wouldn't be surprised if he starts vs Norwich :nervous:

Barca84

Supports
Doesn't support Barca
He'll definitely come on for the best performing player after 70 minutes.
Well we have a trend of that yeh. I think LVG might be tempted to start him in the 10 role or at the very least give him the second half dependent on how we're doing.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
i think he'll be sold in january. Out of nowhere yes, but a gut feeling.
I've noticed LVG gives some random players time just before shipping them out. Might be another one here.

izec

People think he gave him a chance in our vital CL game just to see if he cuts it or else he will be sold? :lol: Wow, Louis is crazy, but not that stupid.

JoaquinJoaquin

He is in last chance saloon that is why, even he knows that.

ivaldo

People think he gave him a chance in our vital CL game just to see if he cuts it or else he will be sold? :lol: Wow, Louis is crazy, but not that stupid.
Not according to most!

soap

Directionless weirdo who like booze and ganja
the problem with Powell was always his attitude, yesterday he showed he can chase the ball even at the last minute of the game, long may it continue and he can find a decent club for him. While I dont think he wouldnt do any worse on for fellaini, maybe its a bit too late for him to make it here, we will see if he gets any more chances with that big injury list..

BTW I absloutely wouldn't mind him there up top or anywhere for rooney, saying this, he would be good enough for us by that standard..
Nah, he's only 21, he has plenty of time. Seemed like a real talent a couple of years ago, wonder if he might be one of those players who sort of fly in under the radar.

m1y2

Nah, he's only 21, he has plenty of time. Seemed like a real talent a couple of years ago, wonder if he might be one of those players who sort of fly in under the radar.
the big question is his attitude, I dont think he can maintain that level of concentration to succeed here but who knows

izec

Would be a mistake to let him go so early. Everton would be a good club for him, but i hope we have faith in him.

ivaldo

We can always send him on loan there next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.