Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
Has he been any good?
He's been alright. Some nice touches and one good through ball but nothing else in attack. Lost the ball a few times, as well. He's done well defensively, to be fair. Some good tackles. Can't say he stands out in that Hull team though, to be honest.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
He's actually impressed me today. Looks cut amongst the rest of the Hull side. Holding the ball really well, put in some good passes.

Made some very good tackles too. Tracked back many times right into Hull's box.

He is such an enigma.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
He's been alright. Some nice touches and one good through ball but nothing else in attack. Lost the ball a few times, as well. He's done well defensively, to be fair. Some good tackles. Can't say he stands out in that Hull team though, to be honest.
Thanks, had hoped this would be a good platform him. Still believe in his talent, and it all seems like he's getting his head sorted.

thejtrain

He's just too laid back. He doesn't have the drive and aggression to make it at the top. The talent has always been there. The application hasn't. He enjoys his banter and probably enjoys his time away from the training ground too much.

Ferguson alluded to his laid back ways in his book.

What annoys me is that he could have been our Dele Ali.
Agree with everything except the parts in bold. He's always been and will forever be a championship level player. If he's motivated enough, he could make a decent career with the likes of Hull, but that's about it.

Speak

Step up to my misogyny soapbox
Agree with everything except the parts in bold. He's always been and will forever be a championship level player. If he's motivated enough, he could make a decent career with the likes of Hull, but that's about it.
Agreed.

WhoDaGOAT

Powell has the talent to be a good Premier League player. He was excellent at Crewe, did okay for us in his debut season (limited game time) and had a very good loan move at Wigan where he was even scoring goals in The Europa League. Then he derailed the following season.

His mistake was joining United. He should have joined a club that would have given him regular games.

Dele Ali would have been used sparingly at most other clubs. Pochettino is a rare breed of manager. He got his chance and took it, his confidence grew and now he's playing to a high level as a result of his first team exposure.

m1y2

seen only 40 minutes but he looked like working hard defensively, tracking back, dont have much else to add.. but that's a good observation for me as he never really looked like he cared defensively.. maybe apart his last game for U21's

Perrick Dubois

All I remember about him was his debut were he scored a cracker of a shot outside the box i think it was
That was a nice goal, what was he 17 or 18 then? He really did look big and powerful for his age as well. I think he has the talent, maybe lacking in the attitude and has a case of the "I've-made-it-at-United" about him. Does anyone else get the feeling that Giggs was behind the bizarre return to the first team? I think Giggsy rates him.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
He looked talented when he started, unfortunately for him injuries and the managerial situation at the club has worked to his detriment.

Isn't his contract up this summer?

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
he's always looked very talented to me but his apparent attitude issues, injuries and our own sad state means he's pretty much gone in the summer.

Barca84

Supports
Doesn't support Barca
He's clearly a dick and that's the problem not his ability. He's developed a reputation for being lazy as well as thinking he's far better than he actually is and if true that's why he won't make it.

If it's also true that Giggs is a fan then add that to the reasons he shouldn't get the managers job.

Speak

He's clearly a dick and that's the problem not his ability. He's developed a reputation for being lazy as well as thinking he's far better than he actually is and if true that's why he won't make it.

If it's also true that Giggs is a fan then add that to the reasons he shouldn't get the managers job.
It's actually very possible that it's both. He's a 'dick and doesn't have the ability for a top team.

Looked really headless to me. Whenever he played deep and tried to tone it down and play a controlling role, he was pointless and served no useful purpose. And whenever he played his natural roaming game, he looked headless and scrappy. To put it into perspective - Jonjo Shelvey had/has more talent.

Sir Alex's attempt at 'Aaron Ramsey II' failed, unfortunately. He has a good shot on him, though.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I'm not sure you can take much from that Hull performance attacking wise. At the majority of points they had 10 men behind the ball and were looking to frustrate Arsenal, slow them down and then hit them on the break. The positive was he was doing as he was told, something; I imagine, has sparked this sudden "resurgence". I put in quotation marks as it's only from written off as a player and retiring, to now possibly being part of Uniteds future plans. He's at the best club he could be at for his development. Hull are the front runners for the league and Bruce has openly said he's going to use him a lot. Will be watching the championship for him the rest of the season.

Sir Alex's attempt at 'Aaron Ramsey II' failed, unfortunately. He has a good shot on him, though.
Not sure why you've made that comparison and or why you think his development is over. He's 21!

Speak

Not sure why you've made that comparison and or why you think his development is over. He's 21!
What comparison? I didn't make a comparison. I've always felt Sir Alex signed him (and wanted to turn him into a centre midfielder) partly because he regretted not doing more sign Aaron Ramsey. Just my opinion.

And who said his development was over? Did I even mention 'development' in my post? Whether he's still going to develop or not, I don't think he'll be a very good player. I'll be surprised if he plays half his career games in the Premier League, or manages to hold down a regular spot in a top half Premier League team. I don't have to rate him just because he's young and plays for United.
And I don't subscribe to the idea that every young player (talented or not) will improve loads as they get older.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
I remember some talk when he signed that some of the players were left a bit bemused and didn't see much in him.

Robbie Boy

I was actually excited when we signed Powell as he had scored some absolute crackers for Crewe and I recall that Chelsea were linked with him too. He has been pretty disasterous though and I have seen nothing to suggest that he will make it at any decent level, let alone with us.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
What comparison? I didn't make a comparison. I've always felt Sir Alex signed him (and wanted to turn him into a centre midfielder) partly because he regretted not doing more sign Aaron Ramsey. Just my opinion.

And who said his development was over? Did I even mention 'development' in my post? Whether he's still going to develop or not, I don't think he'll be a very good player. I'll be surprised if he plays half his career games in the Premier League, or manages to hold down a regular spot in a top half Premier League team. I don't have to rate him just because he's young and plays for United.
And I don't subscribe to the idea that every young player (talented or not) will improve loads as they get older.
Fair enough, that's the reason for the comparison then. If you call someone "Aaron Ramsey II", there's usually some comparable, no matter how tenuous.

Well I mis read your second part as "He had a good shot on him, though", although I think that makes more sense if you did mean that. The past tense I thought you implied he's not going to get any better, but again that's my misreading if you meant has. With regards to be a premier league player, he's at a club that wants him permanently and that will most likely be in the premier league next season.

At what point did I say you had to rate him because he's young and plays for United?! I also don't subscribe to that idea, but following his development since he joined, this season he looks to have actually put work in to improve and knuckled down.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Saying the right things. I hope its not babbel and he has actually started to try and work, to reach his potential.

ZDwyr

Remember that fun week where he suddenly became a valuable member of the first-team? Good times.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Injuries and perhaps lack of real desire to a top talent cost him dearly. He definitely had the raw skills to become a fantastic player, but I think he's struggled to adapt to being the small fish in a big pond.

FromTheBench

He's quite a crock.

Injuries have damned him more than any other issue. He's spent almost half or more of his every season and off seasons as well since joining us injured.

LouisDanGaal

What are FIFA jokes about?
He got asked if he watched one of the games earlier in the season but he forgot about it and was actually playing FIFA, twitter does not let you forget that kind of thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.