Nicolo Barella

KeanoMagicHat

Bollocks, Barella is a workhorse with a lot of quality on the ball. That is what makes him unique. He is anything but work shy. You have not watched him at all. He was captain at Cagliari at a young age for a reason.
It's always amusing in this threads when people just throw out bizarrely wrong statements. Barella, with the second most distance ran in the Champions League this season, is work shy.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
That would be a very light midfield. Maddison and Barella are both work-shy.
Barella being called work shy is one of the worst takes I’ve seen in a long time

Gandalf

He recently signed a new contract. From what I’ve heard/read, this is being dismissed as nonsense.
I am sure it is. Inter might be a little strapped for cash but they are not about to sell their best player at a discount, if anything they would demand a premium to let him go so think Jack Grealish money considering he is a far better player not to mention the fact that their fans would riot if he left.

zaafi

That's your opinion. A PL proven, World Cup winner yet to hit his peak, and for just 35 mils is the deal of the summer.
What has World Cup winner anything to do with their respective abilities? Otamendi, Romero, Molina, Tagliafico and De Paul also won the World Cup.

Barella was also part of the Inter team who wasn't far away from winning CL against City who just won the treble.

Pintu

Stats suggest otherwise. And ability is something Pogba had 10x more than Barella and MacAllister. That turned out well innit?
Pogba signing turned bad (still arguably our best player quite often when he was fit) because he went to a very dysfunctional club back then. The same club that had just somehow made Di Maria look like utter shit…

OmarUnited4ever

Inter paid £45m/€50m to sign him, his current deal expires in June 2026, I find it hard to believe that Inter will accept £50m for their most important player after Lautaro.

jesperjaap

£50m and wasnt he midfielder of the season in Serie A? I really wanted us to sign him before he went to Inter and wouldnt mind him now. But I would have thought any deal would be north of £70m.

People talking about £100m and far better than Grealish, personally dont agree with either sentiment.

When he as at Cagliari he was very much a box to box midfielder, I actualyl liked him more than his recent seeming to play further forward on the right hand side. He is a very different player to Grealish and £100m, Serie A prices arent Premiership prices...but £50m seems too cheap as well.

Would be a great signing for Newcastle if they pulled it off, playing more the Longstaffe role

Welbeckham

We should be all over him if he’s available, just like we should’ve been with MacAllister. These are some of the best ball-playing workhorses in Europe.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Was whatever about mac Allister but really like barella. Newcastle getting a potential midfield of Maddison, barella and Guimaraes would be a ridiculous trio

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Stats suggest otherwise. And ability is something Pogba had 10x more than Barella and MacAllister. That turned out well innit?
Pogba was the best midfielder in the world when we bought him. I place zero blame at his door for the transfer not working out.

But yeah… Mac Alister signing for Klopp is more likely to succeed than Pogba for Jose.

saivet

I didn't think he would be available and I'm still a bit dubious over the links. Would think he's near the exact profile of midfielder we would want to replace Eriksen with. I'd much prefer him to Mount, but again dubious that a transfer is actually happening.

Pintu

This price makes no sense. Only explanation would be that N’Castle can’t spend much on the books because of FFP and the Saudis are doing an under the table deal with Inter Chinese owners…

Hammondo

Pogba was the best midfielder in the world when we bought him. I place zero blame at his door for the transfer not working out.

But yeah… Mac Alister signing for Klopp is more likely to succeed than Pogba for Jose.
He wasn't close.

OleGunnar20

Imagine Newcastle fielding Barella and Guimaraes in CM. Mental.

Good'ol Fred's gonna have his work cut out chasing those two about the place.

UnrelatedPsuedo

He wasn't close.
He really was. Pogba at Juve was saturated with ability and just needed the right home. He had all of the talent and could have become one of the best midfielders in the game.

Jose and United was a death knell for him.

Woziak

No shot Inter sell him for that price. Can't be true.
And you don’t think Newcastle are dropping all that money in one hit No payment plan for them which is why they get transfers done and at lower prices

Woziak

This price makes no sense. Only explanation would be that N’Castle can’t spend much on the books because of FFP and the Saudis are doing an under the table deal with Inter Chinese owners…
Now your getting it ?

Hammondo

He really was. Pogba at Juve was saturated with ability and just needed the right home. He had all of the talent and could have become one of the best midfielders in the game.

Jose and United was a death knell for him.
He wasn't even the best midfielder at Juve, never mind the likes of Kroos and Modric whom he was miles behind.

UnrelatedPsuedo

He wasn't even the best midfielder at Juve, never mind the likes of Kroos and Modric whom he was miles behind.
Yeah we disagree.

I’d not suggest that he’d have ever been as perfect as Modric, but he could have been far better than Kroos.

I think they’d have won the World Cup with him too. He’s an exceptional footballer.

He’s properly brilliant and was wasted at United. Many of our fans shape their opinion based on how he performed. Which is understandable, but a bit silly. The lad has the lot.

zaafi

Yeah we disagree.

I’d not suggest that he’d have ever been as perfect as Modric, but he could have been far better than Kroos.

I think they’d have won the World Cup with him too. He’s an exceptional footballer.

He’s properly brilliant and was wasted at United. Many of our fans shape their opinion based on how he performed. Which is understandable, but a bit silly. The lad has the lot.
Pogba was ridiculously gifted, but you need more than talent to succeed. If not, Nani could have been as good as Cristiano Ronaldo, if not better.
Pogba would never have been as good as Kroos regardless of which team he had gone to, because he just doesn't have the mentality or the work rate. A few games in the World Cup doesn't change that.

dinostar77

Sure the Times or Telegraph said Newcastle budget was around £75mil and they were chasing Maddison and Ward-Prowse. Barella would be a helluva capture. But i dont believe he'd go there.

UnrelatedPsuedo

Pogba was ridiculously gifted, but you need more than talent to succeed. If not, Nani could have been as good as Cristiano Ronaldo, if not better.
Pogba would never have been as good as Kroos regardless of which team he had gone to, because he just doesn't have the mentality or the work rate. A few games in the World Cup doesn't change that.
Yeah I just don’t agree. Plenty of players make bad transfers. Pogba needed a cuddle and he never got it at United.

He was as applied and needy as Cantona. Just didn’t get a manager to maximise his talent at a crucial time.

He bears some responsibility, but shit happens sometimes.

zaafi

Fabrizio pretending to have any knowledge whatsoever. He's literally just saying what any sane person would think about this rumour, and everyone obviously agrees so they believe him as if he has inside information