Nicolo Barella

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Quality player.
From videos and recently the CL final, he seems to play predominately on the right of a midfield 3.

Suv666

If we spend more on next year free Mount than Barella I’ll be livid

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
I can't think of a central midfielder in the last decade who's come to the PL from Serie A and been great. Jorginho and Pogba had their moments but weren't as good as they were hyped up to be.

Chief123

I can't think of a central midfielder in the last decade who's come to the PL from Serie A and been great. Jorginho and Pogba had their moments but weren't as good as they were hyped up to be.
True. Even going back further when Veron was regarded as one of the best in the world. He was a shadow of himself at Utd and Chelsea.

Rolaholic

I'd be absolutely sick if he moved to the Prem for 50m and we're nowhere around it, absolute top class this lad and has been for a few years

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Interesting every time another club buys a player the Caf reckon he’d be perfect for us.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Interesting every time another club buys a player the Caf reckon he’d be perfect for us.
Because they would be. This forum would have a better hit rate on transfers than the club has been, which should never be the case.

El Jefe

I'm pretty sure that's horseshit. Even at £80m teams would be fighting for his signature so why sell at £50m and why go to Newcastle.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Whilst we are chasing after bloody Mount, stuff like this is disappointing.

gajender

Because they would be. This forum would have a better hit rate on transfers than the club has been, which should never be the case.
I don't think you can make a definitive statement on that either way , list of Players which CAF wanted United to sign who didn't amount to much must be quite long as well .

kaku06

People are overrating Barella and underrating Mount here. Whist I agree Barella is very good but he’s not a world class midfielder right now who would take the league by storm. If we sign Mount and Geordies sign Barella, I could still easily see Mount flourishing and Barella struggling.

Having said that if he adapts to the league quickly and Newcastle also sign Maddison then Bruno guimaraes, Nicolo barella and James Maddison would be one hell of a midfield.

Last edited:

Stadjer

Doubt that. The forum wants almost every player so there will be more actually turn good. Just go back one page in this topic and you see this line up

Martial/ Rashford -------------- Pepe/ Greenwood
----------------------- Felix/ Lingard -----------
------- Tielemens ---------- Ndombele ----------
-------------------- Fred/ Matic --------------
Shaw -------------------------- Muenier/ Dalot
----------- Lindelof ------ Koulibaly ----------
-------------------- De Gea -------------------

There is not a single hit in that line up.

FrankWhite

Not Frank White
People are overrating Barella and underrating Mount here. Whist I agree Barella is very good but he’s not a world class midfielder right now who would take the league by storm. If we sign Mount and Geordies sign Barella, I could still easily see Mount flourishing and Barella struggling.

Having said that if he adapts to the league quickly and Newcastle also sign Maddison then Bruno guimaraes, Nicolo barella and James Maddison would be one hell of a midfield.
That would be a very light midfield. Maddison and Barella are both work-shy.

Lecland07

Throw enough shit at the wall and some of it will stick. How many times do we hear about new must-have prodigies on here that end up doing nothing? If Redcafe managed Manutd's transfers, the club would be in administration.

KeanoMagicHat

Barella has been in Serie A team of the year 4 times, been named Serie A best midfielder twice, nominated for Ballon d'Or once and probably again. Depends on your definition of world class but he's up there.

aeh1991

We should try hijack this one. What the feck is happening? Why do we waste our time negotiating with Chelsea for MM instead of signing an actual quality CM for 50m??

Redstain

He's a quality player. The argument is the same with these middle eastern owned clubs. The money is one factor but the success comes from the structure. I'm not sure if you can quantify Chelsea turning down money for Mount who's on a free next season in comparison to a deal for this player in an area for United that needs improvement. The footballing directors and scouts have a lot to prove this summer.

izec

That would be a very light midfield. Maddison and Barella are both work-shy.
Bollocks, Barella is a workhorse with a lot of quality on the ball. That is what makes him unique. He is anything but work shy. You have not watched him at all. He was captain at Cagliari at a young age for a reason.

izec

Barella is cheaper, a CM and better than Mount. I dont get it, if he is available, we should be all over it. He will be the better transfer, we will look stupid.

PoTMS

Barella is cheaper, a CM and better than Mount. I dont get it, if he is available, we should be all over it. He will be the better transfer, we will look stupid.
Only Manchester United would choose pursuing Mount over Barella.

aeh1991

Barella is sort of a player who is not on the wishlist because you think he is not for sale. However, if he would be any available, I'd even spent 70m+. He is twice the player as Mount and would upgrade any EPL team, even City.

izec

Only Manchester United would choose pursuing Mount over Barella.
Fits into our transfer strategy the last decade. Then we are surprised that we waste so much money and are still years behind City and Europes elite.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He recently signed a new contract. From what I’ve heard/read, this is being dismissed as nonsense.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
Barella is a better player than MacAllister. A £15m cheaper MacAllister won't make him the transfer of the summer.
That's your opinion. A PL proven, World Cup winner yet to hit his peak, and for just 35 mils is the deal of the summer.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
He’s definitely more talented. Mac Alister is clean and tidy but he’s not got the ability that Barella has.
Stats suggest otherwise. And ability is something Pogba had 10x more than Barella and MacAllister. That turned out well innit?

chickensgowoof

Definitely no money being exchanged off the books in this deal. No way.
And you all think we can compete with these guys??