Nicolo Barella

Tarrou

50m haha but let’s have a moan at the club for not doing this fantasy deal which is clearly horeshit

NoPace

Doubt that. The forum wants almost every player so there will be more actually turn good. Just go back one page in this topic and you see this line up

Martial/ Rashford -------------- Pepe/ Greenwood
----------------------- Felix/ Lingard -----------
------- Tielemens ---------- Ndombele ----------
-------------------- Fred/ Matic --------------
Shaw -------------------------- Muenier/ Dalot
----------- Lindelof ------ Koulibaly ----------
-------------------- De Gea -------------------

There is not a single hit in that line up.
If you go with Matic and Felix over Fred and Lingard that midfield could easily concede 60 goals in a Prem season.

Davie Moyes

Fabrizio pretending to have any knowledge whatsoever. He's literally just saying what any sane person would think about this rumour, and everyone obviously agrees so they believe him as if he has inside information
Spot on.

daba

Barella is class. One of those players I never thought would leave Italy though. If there's a chance, we should be all over this.
Same, seems like a classic talent that would lock himself in Italy limiting his career. Italy produce some great talents, such a shame we don’t see many of them in the prem.

Saying that I would hate to see Barella at Newcastle, they could end up with a better midfield than us.

Tarrou

OK will hold you to that,just noticed Romano is saying that offer is too low so that's positive
ill give you 5/2 he costs more than 50m if he does go

ah, replied without seeing your edit! Never mind

Last edited:

dasty

Inter are reported to have paid a €12 million loan fee for Barella, who will then cost €25m next year, with the deal including a potential €13m in add-ons, taking the transfer to a total value of €50m (£45m/$56m).
Inter signed him on a deal that could go up to €50m, and he got drastically better since then, reached the CL finals this season, and is now looking to sell him for £50m after all that?

This is some bullshit and even if Newcastle really need made that offer it would only be treated as an insult.

mav_9me

I don't know about the reality of these numbers but I love watching Barella play. As good as any midfielder.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
You guys have no idea what ETH is trying to build. Mount and Barella are very different players. Especially energy levels.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Don't think Inter will sell him, that too for 50 million. He is inter fan and iirc rejected lot of clubs when he signed for them.

Davie Moyes

50m haha but let’s have a moan at the club for not doing this fantasy deal which is clearly horeshit
Exactly. Also the moaning has gone on for several pages.

Like you said give it a day for reports to come out denying it or saying too low.

aeh1991

You guys have no idea what ETH is trying to build. Mount and Barella are very different players. Especially energy levels.
Yes, the difference is that Barella is better in every aspect, including workrate.

Barella combines workrate with football qualities, is probably the best alternative to Frenkie in terms of football quality. If he is in any way available, I'd even spend 80m on him.

RoyH1

How the pheck does the CL finalist Inter accept such a small bid in todays market from Newcastle of all places? That sounds....weird. I mean he can hardly be pressuring for a move to Tyneside or?

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
How the pheck does the CL finalist Inter accept such a small bid in todays market from Newcastle of all places? That sounds....weird. I mean he can hardly be pressuring for a move to Tyneside or?
Id say it’s possibly the other £50m they can receive off the books. Keeps Newcastle on track with FFP.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Anothet WC midfielder and we aren't even in the running. This club is allergic to good midfield signings (Casemiro is one in 10 years)

The-Mezzala

Barella is class. One of those players I never thought would leave Italy though. If there's a chance, we should be all over this.
Totally agree. Him Bastoni and Tonali I cant see ever leaving. But I thought Dounarouma would never leave also. Money talks now. Serie A financially is miles behind the premier league.

The-Mezzala

Anothet WC midfielder and we aren't even in the running. This club is allergic to good midfield signings (Casemiro is one in 10 years)
TBF at the time Pogba was one of the hottest properties in football. Bruno has done well. I really rated Matic for a few seasons and Ander Herrea. But take your point we badly need to break the Mctominey/Fred cord.

MegadrivePerson

Seems a few people have jumped the gun on this. No fee or personal terms agreed. Inter allegedly want considerably more than £50 million.

LuckyScout78

Barella is more complete than Mason Mount. But it is a specific ability Mount is maybe better. Mount finishig ability. I think i will rate Mount higher on "potential goalscorer " ability.

But again. As complete and full packet as a football player. Barella is clearly better than Mount.

Barella is a at least a 70 mill £ price player.

Calidad

Supports
Hibernian
I get the impression you haven’t actually watched Barella? Surely energy levels are something they have in common - perhaps one of the few things they actually have in common. I don’t really understand why people make such definitive claims when they quite clearly haven’t actually watched the player.

Blood Mage

These state run clubs don't pay massive fees upfront for players because they do all sorts of shady shit involving off-shore accounts probably.

croadyman

That's been the case since around 2009 bar Casa and Eriksen last summer. However many others have definitely not been Utd quality

dinostar77

Seems a few people have jumped the gun on this. No fee or personal terms agreed. Inter allegedly want considerably more than £50 million.
The £50mil approach was via an intermediary to the club. Not via his agent. Inter want way more than £50 mil if they sold.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff

I'd love to see a list of everyone we're 'interested' in.

Reyoji-Utd

If there is any truth that he would be sold and fancies the move to PL, between him, Mount, Caisedo, Rice, which one should we try our hardest for?

Red4Life_#7

I've only seen him a few times, but he stood out instantly. A few seasons ago he scored 19 goals in a season, we definitely need players who are capable of scoring and sharing the goals burden as that was a major problem last season.

We've been linked with a 68m move.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'

I'd love to see a list of everyone we're 'interested' in.
Would need a massive piece of paper. It’s the same every year. We’re linked with about thousand players but only sign about 2/3 of them.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
If there is any truth that he would be sold and fancies the move to PL, between him, Mount, Caisedo, Rice, which one should we try our hardest for?
Ignoring costs and only suitability to play alongside Casemiro and Bruno, for me is:
  1. Barella
  2. Mount
  3. Caicedo
  4. Rice
Rice for me plays directly where Casemiro plays. Quality, but he's a DM. He's not an 8 at all, not a creative player. Neither is Caicedo but I think he has huge potential, but again, not suited to what we need. Barella is ahead of Mount for me, but both are very good options as part of that 3 to replace Eriksen/Fred in 1 player. Not a whole lot between the 2 really. Mount 2 years younger, homegrown add and knows plenty of the squad already.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Always impressed by him.

jesperjaap

True, but it begs the question, if we are genuinely interested in signing both....where do they play then?