Gaming Nintendo 3DS vs PS Vita thread.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
Region locked though, mate, unless you mean to buy Japanese games too?
Yeah, I was thinking I could buy that and then get any Japanese-exclusive games that look cool and aren't heavy on text.

Plus it's not as if I play many RPGs, most games I play don't require much reading, so any upcoming games I'd be interested in would most likely be easy for me to play even with the language barrier. And even if there were I would keep my current 3DS so could use that for any exceptions and to play my current games.

Hmm...

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Scout
Yeah, it all feels a bit too simple/good to be true though, I must be missing a catch somewhere :lol:

I could also use it to help me learn Japanese. I could class it as an educational tool, that surely makes it worth it :angel:

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
The only draw back is that the game is not a physical cart. I think I might just get the normal one.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Does the old 3DS XL have onboard storage. or is everything on the SD card?

Will make it so much easier if I change to the new one if all on the card

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Scout
Does the old 3DS XL have onboard storage. or is everything on the SD card?

Will make it so much easier if I change to the new one if all on the card
There is onboard memory but that's used for the OS and pre-installed programs. Your game saves, downloaded games etc are all on your memory card, but you can't just take it out and stick it in the new one. You have to do a system transfer.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
There is onboard memory but that's used for the OS and pre-installed programs. Your game saves, downloaded games etc are all on your memory card, but you can't just take it out and stick it in the new one. You have to do a system transfer.
Mm, how the heck will I do that if I will be trading it in for the new one?

Olly?

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Scout
Mm, how the heck will I do that if I will be trading it in for the new one?

Olly?
I've heard that some stores will let you do the system transfer there in the shop wile you trade it in, but I'm not sure how many allow it.

Is buying the new one, doing the system transfer and then selling the old one on eBay not an option?

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
Fecking Nintendo.

Expect you to have multiple devices, and thus one charger for them all, but no way can you register them all to your account.

Being awkward pricks for the sake of it.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Codename STEAM demo out on EU eshop. Looks cool. Will download later.

Alock1

Wow. Have you guys been looking at the Club Nintendo points catalogue?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=984107

Check it out! I've got 3000 coins on my account and a few other accounts with some on to spend. Is Kid Icarus still good without the circle pad?

EDIT: Just for US :(

Last edited:

Alock1

Yeah, if you can figure out a control method that you like it is.
I've not played a game using the stylus as your camera angle yet so no idea. It's all moot now though since it's US only. Hopefully something happens for EU soon. Was some awesome classics on there too.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Scout
I've not played a game using the stylus as your camera angle yet so no idea. It's all moot now though since it's US only. Hopefully something happens for EU soon. Was some awesome classics on there too.
I don't use one of the touch screen control methods, but if you do ever get the game, you should try and get one of the thumb styluses that came with the original DS. Those help controlling the game quite a lot.

Alock1

I don't use one of the touch screen control methods, but if you do ever get the game, you should try and get one of the thumb styluses that came with the original DS. Those help controlling the game quite a lot.
Oh yeah, those things are really weird. Probably a good idea though. Cheers man. I could use it for when I get Kingdom Hearts too. I loved the demo and got more use to the camera but was put off worried that it just wouldn't be as good an experience as it should without better camera control.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Scout
Oh yeah, those things are really weird. Probably a good idea though. Cheers man. I could use it for when I get Kingdom Hearts too. I loved the demo and got more use to the camera but was put off worried that it just wouldn't be as good an experience as it should without better camera control.
Yeah, I only recently remembered about the thumb stylus so I'll probably go back to some older games to try some out with it.

BTW, I'm not sure if it was mentioned here yet, but Club Nintendo is closing at some point to be replaced with a new program, so there's a certain date your stars have to be used by.

Alock1

Yeah, I only recently remembered about the thumb stylus so I'll probably go back to some older games to try some out with it.

BTW, I'm not sure if it was mentioned here yet, but Club Nintendo is closing at some point to be replaced with a new program, so there's a certain date your stars have to be used by.
Yeah I think you have till like June or something to use them. This is the last catalogue for US, hopefully EU will get something similar.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Scout
Yeah I think you have till like June or something to use them. This is the last catalogue for US, hopefully EU will get something similar.
Hopefully if I get a Wii U before it closes I'll have enough stars to get something decent. I have 2050 at the moment.

I'd love to get one of the Game & Watches, but they're about 7000 so that aint happening.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
I have over 4000 points

Ive allowed about 2000 or so to expire as well. As yet ive never gotten anything from the stars thing

That offer in the US had better come here too. Id be all over the NES games

Last edited:

Member 39557

I've got lots of games unregistered. If anything decent is out then I might have to spend an hour or two registering games!

Member 39557

Got my copy of major as mask today. Got to really finish some other games so I can have a crack at it.

Auto correct fecked me, but I like it, so i'll leave it.

Member 39557

Have you played the original? Weird but genius.

I've got this for valentines, but my missus won't let me have it until sunday :(
Never played the original, or Ocarina Of Time.

I actually had Ocarina of Time Master Quest on the Gamecube as it came free with WindWaker, but I still never got round to it!

I have it on 3ds now. It's on the famous (to be played) list.

Member 39557

Wow, you really have missed out! Both classic games.
I know.

I spent hours and hours into multiplayer games Like Goldeneye, Diddy Kong Racing and Perfect Dark but I shunned the single player adventure type stuff. One of my best mates had Ocarina and swore it was the best game he'd ever played at the time, but I still didn't bother with it.

I loved Windwaker on the Cube a few years later too, but it still didn't tempt me!

:nervous:

Alock1

I've never played Majoras Mask either, played Ocarina but not properly/much.

I've put tons of hours into Wind Waker and Skyward Sword, but must say I think I prefer the 2D Zeldas (appreciate I haven't played the supposed best one(s)).

But A Link To The Past and A Link Between Worlds are absolutely unbelievable games. Loved both. Also really liked Spirit Tracks.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Mine is shipping from Amazon. Should have it early next week
Good man.

Wow, you really have missed out! Both classic games.
Definitely.

I know.

I spent hours and hours into multiplayer games Like Goldeneye, Diddy Kong Racing and Perfect Dark but I shunned the single player adventure type stuff. One of my best mates had Ocarina and swore it was the best game he'd ever played at the time, but I still didn't bother with it.

I loved Windwaker on the Cube a few years later too, but it still didn't tempt me!

:nervous:
You are going to be in for a shock with how it all works. But it does.

Play Ocarina first though if you can. It's not overly important you do though.

I've never played Majoras Mask either, played Ocarina but not properly/much.

I've put tons of hours into Wind Waker and Skyward Sword, but must say I think I prefer the 2D Zeldas (appreciate I haven't played the supposed best one(s)).

But A Link To The Past and A Link Between Worlds are absolutely unbelievable games. Loved both. Also really liked Spirit Tracks.
Many consider Oot the best game ever for good reason, but personally, A link to the past is my favourite, closely followed by Oot and MM. A link between worlds is great and nicely done, but way to easy and predictable to be up there for me.