Gaming Nintendo Switch

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
It’s really good, albeit quite easy. Might take a while to try and complete the Pokédex though.
Considering the last I played was 2D it's impressive but definitely too easy. Also really disappointed with the lack of other storylines that seem to be going on. In the older games you had different towers and buildings you'd explore full of pokemon or grunts or something but this is literally just straight storyline basically.

Shamwow

listens to shit music & watches Mrs Brown's Boys
Nah, she will hijack my machine, and if the data isn't transferable, I can kiss goodbye to my Switch until they find a vaccine!

I'd like to say I'm joking, but: Animal Crossing; Harvest Moon and the Pokemon's, and it's like being with a hardcore gamer! :lol:
I thought it would be fun for me and my partner to play on the same island, 3 days we lasted before I ended up having to buy her a switch of her own so I could get mine back.

Santos J

At what point will these damn things become availale to purchase again?
As Solius said use Stock Informer but don't use email alerts, they don't send those out until around an hour after stock has come in and by that point they're already gone. Either set up the Stock informer alerts as they're instant or you can add the Switch to your wishlist on Nintendo and they'll email around 15 minutes before they're back in stock that they "should have stock soon, keep checking".

Reactions: CassiusClaymore

decorativeed

As Solius said use Stock Informer but don't use email alerts, they don't send those out until around an hour after stock has come in and by that point they're already gone. Either set up the Stock informer alerts as they're instant or you can add the Switch to your wishlist on Nintendo and they'll email around 15 minutes before they're back in stock that they "should have stock soon, keep checking".
I got an email at 4am this morning saying it was back in stock at one place. Opened the email at 8am, clicked the link, it was still in stock. Clicked add to basket and got an error, so refreshed and clicked it again. Got an error again, so refreshed, but now it said out of stock. Bastards.

Santos J

I got an email at 4am this morning saying it was back in stock at one place. Opened the email at 8am, clicked the link, it was still in stock. Clicked add to basket and got an error, so refreshed and clicked it again. Got an error again, so refreshed, but now it said out of stock. Bastards.
It's a nightmare at the minute trying to get them, as of now it looks like they're available to pre order on Amazon though for £299.99 and due by 22nd, don't know if it'll let you checkout though.

Switch - Amazon

decorativeed

It's a nightmare at the minute trying to get them, as of now it looks like they're available to pre order on Amazon though for £299.99 and due by 22nd, don't know if it'll let you checkout though.

Switch - Amazon
I saw them available on there for a spell last week, but I'm refusing to buy at above RRP from bloody tax-dodging Amazon of all places. Cheeky sods.

Last edited:

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Breath of the Wild is fantastic. So many amazing little details in it.

I’ve just got a horse and named him Parsnip.

Member 39557

Breath of the Wild is fantastic. So many amazing little details in it.

I’ve just got a horse and named him Parsnip.
It's great. When I first started playing, I spent hours just cooking and fecking about chopping down trees and shit.

diarm

Apparently Nintendo have filed a new trademark for 1080 snowboarding!

An updated release with the same style gameplay and the exact same music would make any length of lockdown acceptable!

decorativeed

Shame I can't pay for a game in the sale that ends tonight before my console arrives. I thought it'd be just like steam, and attach the purchase to my account for download whenever I want, but no, that'd be too convenient for customers.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
Shame I can't pay for a game in the sale that ends tonight before my console arrives. I thought it'd be just like steam, and attach the purchase to my account for download whenever I want, but no, that'd be too convenient for customers.
I'm pretty sure you can buy on the eshop using your Nintendo account.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
What game is it? Maybe it's on sale at Amazon too and you can buy the code?

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
Apparently Nintendo have filed a new trademark for 1080 snowboarding!

An updated release with the same style gameplay and the exact same music would make any length of lockdown acceptable!
Nintendo files many updated trademarks yearly, means nothing, like they filed for Eternal Darkness last year.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
What are the top 10 games for switch if I get one? I already played breath of the wild on Wii-U

unplayable

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
What are the top 10 games for switch if I get one? I already played breath of the wild on Wii-U
Super Mario Odyssey
Mario & Rabbids
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Super Mario Maker 2
Zelda Link's Awakening
Luigi's Mansion 3
Animal Crossing
Pokémon Sword/Shield
Xenoblade
Mario Tennis Aces

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Super Mario Odyssey
Mario & Rabbids
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Super Mario Maker 2
Zelda Link's Awakening
Luigi's Mansion 3
Animal Crossing
Pokémon Sword/Shield
Xenoblade
Mario Tennis Aces
You forgot Fire Emblem: Three Houses and Octopath Traveler which are better than most of those.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Super Mario Odyssey
Mario & Rabbids
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Super Mario Maker 2
Zelda Link's Awakening
Luigi's Mansion 3
Animal Crossing
Pokémon Sword/Shield
Xenoblade
Mario Tennis Aces
Tbh I find a list quite underwhelming compared to say PS4. Had the same problem with the Wii-U. Why is virtual games not a thing like with the Wii?

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
I thought it would be fun for me and my partner to play on the same island, 3 days we lasted before I ended up having to buy her a switch of her own so I could get mine back.
Sorry, just seeing this.

Yeah, it really doesn't work, as the more immersed they get in the game, the more your console gets used, to the point you are waiting for a go on your own machine.

A second console works out anyway in a 'have space to play' elsewhere capacity. Problem with my OH is she has massive lulls in playing, where the console will lay dormant, so if that does happen with her Switch, it'll most likely be given to her nieces. All depends on the lockdown(s) and how long they'll actually last for, I guess.

unplayable

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Tbh I find a list quite underwhelming compared to say PS4. Had the same problem with the Wii-U. Why is virtual games not a thing like with the Wii?
PS4 released in 2013 and the Switch in 2017, so the PS4 lineup is obviously bigger and better tbf.

Shark

@NotShark
It’s nowhere close to the PS4 in terms of games, probably up there with the previous three PS consoles in terms of that. However it’s a great compliment to it. When I want to relax I jump on my switch and it’s perfect for that, games like Stardew Valley are perfect for it.

Massive Spanner

The first few years for the Switch has been miles better than the first few years of the PS4 were, to be fair.

Shark

@NotShark
The first few years for the Switch has been miles better than the first few years of the PS4 were, to be fair.
Miles better? Bloodborne, Uncharted 4 and Horizon Zero Dawn would probably disagree. TW3 also came out in its first few years, although not an exclusive.

Last edited:

Massive Spanner

Miles better? Bloodborne, Uncharted 4 and Horizon Zero Dawn would probably disagree. TW3 also came out in its first few years, although not an exclusive.
Horizon was 2017. The PS4 was 4 years old by then. The Switch has only been out 3 years. 2017 was the year that Sony really ramped up the PS4 exclusives.

Shark

@NotShark
Horizon was 2017. The PS4 was 4 years old by then. The Switch has only been out 3 years. 2017 was the year that Sony really ramped up the PS4 exclusives.
Yeah thought Horizon was before that actually. The Last Of Us remastered is another one I remember fondly in the first few years cause I’d not played it on PS3. The switch has had a great three years though, definitely better all round.